DISCUSSION: Upcoming Monsters/Evolutions/Dungeons/Mechanics

Discussion in 'News & Events' started by DENCHI, Jan 17, 2014.

1. chiubag

chiubag Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Such a first world problem when I look at the team suggestions for DKali and I think "but I have two DKalis and two Nohimes.... you're telling me I can't use all of them on the team at once?!". I mean I guess I could put in RKush for G/B coverage but that would screw me over for binds.

Iluvatar likes this.
  2. RageSedai

RageSedai Can never decide on a team...

PADherder:
    link
    I would think that you'd want to build your team to cover all the colors to utilize guard break. That means you need to cover GBL with other subs if you're running Nohime. If no Nohime you can cover BR with Isis and light with Combo Roots.

3. BonerChamp69

BonerChamp69 I'm huge

Azathoth inherit on a dkali could help and kush has a soft bind clear. Also both nohimes would have to be bound to really screw you over. But no light means no guard break.

Also I love that esch got an awakening rework. It means aten might have a chance at getting a normal ult that won't mandate 3 fujin actives and a resolve killer to use on a team

4. MisterDrgn

MisterDrgn You can't take the sky from me. Staff Member

User ID:
    Hm, no one's talking about Escha. I dunno how I feel about her.

The God evo is a simple buff, and it is pretty good--easy 144x activation and a higher RCV multi. I dunno if that's enough for people to run a 5oe lead these days. I bet she clears A1 really fast?

The Devil evo...I'm not sure. 7.5x max multi is terrible. She might be really tanky. PDX just says "reduce damage taken," but since it doesn't say "by a little," maybe that's 35% or something? Pretty cool, but I dunno how she deals damage. Yeah, she's got double 7c, but I was struggling to find other Devils/Machines with 7c. There's Loki, who actually might be usable if the team is really tanky. Maybe you're supposed to sub in some of the newer stuff that I don't have and may never get.

Or maybe double 7c Escha is supposed to be a sub, but I'm not sure what team I'd run her on. Aside from Dath, I guess, if I wanted to run that.

5. bp1976

bp1976 Pittsburgh, PA Born and Raised

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I was thinking of this: If you run DEscha and BEscha as a lead pair, and brought, say, DK Tsubaki, 2 NY Spica, and Odin Dragon for binds? You could probably 5oE any color and kill shit. Just some stupid shit I thought of. Plus you would have HP and RCV bonuses, and nearly every single orb that drops will be enhanced. Im sure there would be better subs too, thats just what I thought of real quick.

6. CloudStrife

CloudStrife Well-Known Member

User ID:
    Sounds like fun but one of those teams where if things went off the rails for any reason you would be in a world of trouble.

7. bp1976

bp1976 Pittsburgh, PA Born and Raised

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Yup. But thats the fun part :p

Reine and Knomraski like this.
  8. YamaKyu

YamaKyu LMETA HYPE

User ID:
    349-296-255
    You could also do DEscha x LEscha with an army of Xmas Castor & Pollux. I want to see someone clear colo with that, sounds like fun to me. Good luck though x)

9. BurningMan

BurningMan Dropping the green Bomb

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    http://m.puzzledragonx.com/news.asp?nid=732

So other than the latent tama change new update also includes new awakenings and a tama to remove awakenings so you can finally get rid of that annoying killers you didn't want.
    Fully bind resist in one awakening and double skill boost seems really good same with double finger. Cloud/ tape block is pretty niche and usefulness depends how many you need for 100% but likely its 20% for each awakening so safe to say they won't be relevant for now.

Maybe they update some old cards with the new sb/unbindable/fingers and they get an extra awakening which would be a nice buff.

Also new farmable with a 1/15/3 leader skill for dragons and color match with 25% shield and 2 seconds extra move time. His stats and awakenings suck, but active is decent with the haste awakenings making it really fast. He is the gift for completing the annoying jp november quest so it will take some time until we get him, but i am pretty sure there will be other ways to get him later since there smwas quite a ruckus about this quest series
    https://www.reddit.com/r/PuzzleAndDragons/comments/7dje1f/newsjp_rikuu_stats/

Last edited: Nov 17, 2017
    samuelburtt likes this.
  10. ronmoho

ronmoho Well-Known Member

Sad tama is the current representation of YamaP

This would make me happy and excited more than abundance of new 6*

11. tanpopo

tanpopo adventure!

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    This has got to be the most depressing artwork I've seen in the game.
    SadTAMA.jpg
    It's like the sole survivor of a TAMA Village massacre who got saved from Gungnir by having it deflected off its star, but now all its friends are dead and it wanders around aimlessly carrying the broken pieces of the star it used to be so proud of.

Canthre, Zaurora, Knomraski and 6 others like this.
  12. WatermelonOwl

WatermelonOwl Smol light demon

User ID:
    399 756 307
    >New unbindable, skill boost, te awakenings
    Better mean mass buffs to old cards and basically replace the existing awakenings because what's the point of having both besides making it more obvious which cards get shafted

13. PDF3

PDF3 Well-Known Member

Hopefully, GH buffs the existing awakenings with these new shiney ones but the cynical side of me suspects they'll just be added to new GFEs. But in any case, I can't wait for the double-skillboost and extra-long finger.

14. ronmoho

Right? I mean look at D.Kali and a perfect opportunity/reasonable to give her rainbow skill charge awakening but nope.

chiubag likes this.
  15. ronmoho

OMG FMA collab!? Do we have a chance for it?

16. BurningMan

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Maybe? FMA was quite popular so there is a chance but i wouldn't get my hopes too high up

Just recently re watched brotherhood and thought about how cool a pad collab would be, bit kinda suprised we really got one xD

17. Knomraski

Knomraski Bowl of Herp

I know nothing about FMA, except that it has attained mild-moderate popularity in the U.S. Typically, when a collab is released/re-released, it’s in conjunction with a tie-in event. For instance, we got Final Fantasy again when the latest Final Fantasy (15?) was released and we got Voltron around the time Netflix was pushing the latest season of Voltron, and we got Justice League and Batman Vs Superman at the time of their theatrical releases. That is not to say we *only* get collabs when there is a correlating event, but there is an increased probability.

I would guess that if FMA is trying to increase awareness of something (a new upcoming game, series, movie, toy line, whatever) in NA/EU and JP, we have a good shot at actually getting it. If not, it’s unlikely. Again, I know very, very little about FMA, so I have no idea if they’re trying to get press for anything or not.

Tl;dr: Fuck if I know.

18. BurningMan

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    FMA gets a live action movie so thats likely the reason for the collab in jp. The movie probably won't get a release around here so no real reason to promote the brand around here.

Still neither bleach nor kenshin got any new stuff around their release so maybe we still get it...

19. kaylathehedgehog

kaylathehedgehog Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I may be completely off base, but since we got the Kenshin Collab, I would think we would certainly get a FMA Collab, since I believe that FMA was far more popular here in NA than Kenshin ever was.

20. BurningMan

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I think dragon ball was more popular here than most collabs including na exclusive voltron and we still didn't get it so i don't think popularity of the brand is a necessarily determining factor.

Still we have lately gotten a lot of the collabs from jp so i am not completely pessimistic about it