DISCUSSION: Upcoming Monsters/Evolutions/Dungeons/Mechanics

Discussion in 'News & Events' started by DENCHI, Jan 17, 2014.

1. BurningMan

BurningMan Dropping the green Bomb

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    While i agree that Fujin is way more important than cotton/ney they will still be the most likely picks.
    They are way more useful in dupes than anything else so even if you already have one you likely want another. A second fujin isn't bad but rarely necessary outside of A3 and you can just use a friend lead to provide the second one anyway.
    Fujin is also quite old now and there are several other monsters with a similar active so a large portion of the players already has access to a fujin active and those are unlikely to vote for fujin (most people vote for what they want and not what is best for a minority thats why straight-up democracy sucks).
    Leader swap gfe has some chances but leader swap is over-rated right now. Its super duper strong in AltArena however in 99% of the dungeons stalling for it is too difficult and just not necessary to clear the dungeons right now. This may change in the future but in the status quo people would rather have cotton/ney to pump out the damage right from the start than pull of a 20 turn stall to change the board for a damage increase and easier activation for overkill cross leads. A good number of people also already have Li since everyone threw stones at DBDC and she wasn't super rare so that further reduces the chances for macha.

I would buy a fujin in a heart beat if he becomes a choice, but i just don't see the chance that if there is only one gfe to be put in the mp shop he will be the one most people will choose.

Freddyfudrucker likes this.
  2. bp1976

bp1976 Pittsburgh, PA Born and Raised

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Luxury subs, yes, but the only thing even close to Ney in raw damage is Ideal, which is a 7* chase roll from a 10-stone machine, or Enra, which is a 6* roll in a 10-stone machine. With 7c and an on-color TPA Ney hits harder than either of them, and you can make her any color you want, and she has an amazing active.

EDIT: A couple of the GR 3 have triple 7c also, but are all bindable with far inferior stats.

The only double 7c subs with FUA in NA other than Cotton are Skuld and Amatsu. Amatsu is a 7* roll in a 10-stone machine, and Skuld is a 6* GFE just like Cotton. And she is bindable. Cotton can be any color you need her to cover (and technically covers two colors) and provide you with your team's FUA. Active isnt so great but very low CD.

Plus, think about it this way. JP isnt going to do a separate survey for NA, it is done in-game and they would have to release a separate update for it, which just isnt going to happen. Be realistic. And Fujin isnt as popular over there, their last PCGF I believe had Cotton and Ney as 1 and 2, with Fujin like 5th or something. Because like everyone has been saying, they have had more time and more opportunities to get a fujin active. And once you have one, you really dont NEED another one.

Although more people in NA may NEED a fujin, more people in JP will WANT Ney and Cotton to buy dupes to cover the other colors. That is just reality. Because if we get this at all, we will get EXACTLY what JP got, or the JP players that dont have fujin will complain that we got her and they didn't. The fact is that we have never gotten anything that JP didnt get, other than Voltron, which was just a reskin of stuff they already had. And we never will. So you have to base your hopes off of what JP gets, and then hope we get it too.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2018
    BurningMan and Freddyfudrucker like this.
  3. bp1976

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Remember the Cheech and Chong movie where she snorts ajax?

4. Freddyfudrucker

Freddyfudrucker Well-Known Member

User ID:
    Freddyfud
    All these years on this board and NOT ONE Cheech and Chong reference. You are a good man @bp1976

HappyNoms likes this.
  5. Iluvatar

Iluvatar Semi-IAP..damn you GH

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I just don't see the demand, there are other cards that hit damn hard already (Yuna, Tach, Nohime), but I guess green/red/blue are lacking in this department, either they are Skuld or 6* and up 10 stone collab. Having said that, it depends on the price really, if Cotton or Ney are in the MP shop but are 1.5-2mill I won't be buying, just aren't desirable or required for any team. But I'd buy a second Fujin at 1.5mill MP just for not having to move my one around as frequently.

6. polarburr

polarburr monkey see monkey wu

User ID:
    polaburr@PF
    PADherder:
    link
    I need all of the above so I'd be pleased if this makes it to NA at all. I could use a Ney for Kamimusubi, Cotton to cover blue on Rikuu, and Fujin...everywhere. This is what I've been saving my MP for I guess. What's the over/under on MP price? I'd put it at 1mil and bet the under.

7. FoxtrotFool

FoxtrotFool Well-Known Member

Our player's choices are not identical to JP's player's choices. So it's definitely possible that they would run something specific for us. (here's for wishes...)

I can definitely see the attraction of Cottom/Ney. Fujin active is not that uncommon, and there are farmable options . (terrible stat, but they do exist). Cotton and Ney have powerful stat, and are not replaceable by skill-up fodders...

I will buy one fujin for each account that doesn't have Zingore. I will buy more than one Cotton or Ney, if I have enough MPs...

Arranging likes this.
  8. BurningMan

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Some other changes in the next jp update in addtion to the 6th latent slot changes.

ELST rewards from maniac quests converted to tri god masks and diamond dragon fruitsn you can claim them again if you already got them.

Orb move time one second up from 4 to 5 seconds (seems like GH thinks we are all scrubs xD)

Bi-weekly/ collab ranking system renewed better rewards and 7x6/buttoning get penalties seems to be tge system will be closer to actual ranking dungeons

9. chiubag

chiubag Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    The 5s base move time will be a godsend to those who see Lakshmi in coop Alt Arena lol

10. Iluvatar

Iluvatar Semi-IAP..damn you GH

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Wait need clarity on the rewards. If we claim the ELST now, do the rewards get refreshed with masks/fruits?

Also rofl at 5s base time.

11. BonerChamp69

BonerChamp69 I'm huge

Hey 2 fingers for every team is not something I'll turn down. Mostly curious if this affects Valphalk. Might actually use him if so.

Cheeseghost likes this.
  12. BurningMan

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Yeah claim them now to cash out again later xD

13. ambiguous57

ambiguous57 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    Is it just me or do we already get more Diamond Fruits and Tri-Masks than we could realistically use?

14. bp1976

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    What, you dont want to make a full team of Revo Athenas? LOL

Arranging and HappyNoms like this.
  15. BurningMan

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Well its nice for newer players to keep a steady supply but so far i have used a grand total of 2 for rath and verse. However alt arena kiri cheese team needs like 4 verse and a nyx so if you want to make this and also have jorm/aza/athena you might appreciate those extra ones.

Diamond fruits are really useless right now outside of ideal nothing but the unreleased gentleman evos needs them...

Cheeseghost likes this.
  16. Cheeseghost

Cheeseghost Lazyyyyy

User ID:
    And rikuu lol

17. AktionMan

AktionMan Mocker of numbers in usernames

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    So I'm struggling to catch up to the meta here, after not playing for about 18 months. I've pulled a buncha stuff, but the old 25x days are not in the meta anymore... since it's pretty easy to get 100x or more, with an HP/RCV boost. I hear a lot about Diablos, whom I don't have, but who else are the meta-defining top leads now? I have both Uranus and Astraea I'll awaken soon, and what scant tier lists I can find list Uranus as a solid lead--but not Astraea. Any idea why that is? Subs? I have better Asraea subs, actually, though there are few that create the right board setups with ease. And it's a given that at least 1 card won't get the full ATK, since they are there solely to meet the 3rd orb requirement.

I've been rolling through things with Urd since I have decent subs (and poor subs for everyone else except Astraea, though hers are all unskilled) but I'm not sure Urd can handle arenas, the +297 dungeons, or other high level content.

What other top tier leads are out there?

Last edited: Feb 13, 2018
  18. bp1976

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Welcome back!!! You dont need a diablos, you just need one to pair with. I have him up in slot one, my id is in my sig, add me up.

Combo leads are the meta right now, so if you have an Anubis, pair with Diablos and profit. If not, I see you have a Bastet, reincarnate her and pair her with Diablos, that works too!!

19. BonerChamp69

BonerChamp69 I'm huge

Unfortunately Row leads are out of the current meta. They can still clear things but combo leads can clear it easier. Uranus is used more because he can use reincarnated Haku which is big. Astraleas has a shit ton of rows but light monsters usually lose blue sub-att on Revo. Thor, Venus, Dqxq.
    Best bet would be lead with Anubis, farm a gunna. Use skuld, RYomi and flex. Pair with Diablos. Uranus would be great in the flex spot. Skuld has bonus attack(FUA) make a column of hearts and after all damage is calculated she will hit for one more damage. This basically is a resolve killer.

20. AktionMan

AktionMan Mocker of numbers in usernames

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Ah, good to know. Yes I noticed that many light subs lose their blue attribute... I actually have better blue/light than light/blue (Barrioth is perfect, Blue Valk) which is why I was considering her, but that mixes TPA and rows in a weird way.

Unfortunately my sig is my old, rank 450ish account that I lost. I should update it. My new account doesn't have Bastet, nor Anubis or Skuld.

The pools are so big now it's hard to pull for anything specific. I don't have any combo leads...unless you count Zuoh, but I have pretty bad Zuoh subs right now.