DISCUSSION: Upcoming Monsters/Evolutions/Dungeons/Mechanics

Discussion in 'News & Events' started by DENCHI, Jan 17, 2014.

1. AktionMan

AktionMan Mocker of numbers in usernames

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I totally overlooked the L awakenings--that's definitely a game changer!

2. RajaNagaSoz

RajaNagaSoz Maximum Casual

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    If it weren't for that damn diablos, this damage would impress me. It feels about on par with my D.Athena team, except i get to play with a lead I've liked since the beginning. Gronia was always my favorite of the three.

Amusingly, when the MegaSonias came, there were several blonias, and no gronias on my FL, but promptly, the blonias dropped to only one, and all the diablos leads reappeared. I mean, sure, everything worked out in the end, but i still don't understand why the diablos' disappeared before anyway.

Working out Ls into this is proving weird, but i seem to have plenty of time to do it, i just need to calm down from my hyperactive coffee-cocaine attempts to match things at light speed still nagging my movements from way back when nowhere near the current amount of fingers flopped about, nor good LS with time boosts existed.

3. xer 21

xer 21 Mathematically the Worst Player on the Forums

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    on most team builds, she can tank many rage hits naturally with her shield. on my team build for gronia I can tank the >65% rage hit for kali even in A3. naturally, with no shield. L heradragon could do that solo with some extreme HP builds or in coop, but solo with just no badge on a 2.25x leader? insane!

4. polarburr

polarburr monkey see monkey wu

User ID:
    polaburr@PF
    PADherder:
    link
    I tried out my (admittedly janky) GSonia team in the Chinese Rush and I was thoroughly underwhelmed by the damage. I suppose Ed has spoiled me.

5. xer 21

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I mean, ed's damage isn't even that great, it too is just further boosted by 7cs. gronia's damage is pretty weak tho.

6. Trap

Trap Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Glad I'm not the only one eyeing the damage a bit skeptically. I have no Gronia, but I've been playing Blonia, and the damage is tiny. A 7c with a couple blue combos can hit 4m on each Blonia and on BNey, but even a 7c with only one blue combo is only hitting like 1.5m on each 2x7c card. She's good, but I feel like such a lack of power is going to make it hard for her to do the real high-end content. Although considering all the hype, I'm assuming I'm missing something, so if someone would like to fill me in on the solution I'd appreciate it.

7. sgt502

sgt502 ばかぷれーやー

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Make the L-match while 7 combo-ing. 10M+ for each Clea with her board without spike is pretty good.

For reference, here's board solver for L-match for both Fio and Clea:

https://imgur.com/a/P6tY1

Hitting TPA with 7+ combo allows Ney to deal respectable damage. Quite hard to achieve both L-match and TPA while hitting 7 combo but the rewards is satisfying.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2018
  8. AktionMan

AktionMan Mocker of numbers in usernames

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    The L is definitely key. With Diablos/Gronia, 1 L and ~10 combos I just hit 10 mil per Gronia on a tri-color board. The team is still missing a bunch of latents and no assists, so I can see the damage climbing even higher later. Diablos is less tanky but you still get a shield and great HP/RCV too.

9. Cheeseghost

Cheeseghost Lazyyyyy

User ID:
    What is everyone's average hp at for their gronia team?

10. xer 21

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    There's a reason Gronia is more well regarded than Blonia.

Ragdrags really elevate the damage against the biggest spawns. you really feel it against non god/dragon spawns.

then again, her real power is the tank. you can afford to ship spawns down

sgt502 and ambiguous57 like this.
  11. xer 21

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I'm at 93014 if my friend Gronia has a Rathian inherit, and 91 k if friend has an off color inherit.

Cheeseghost likes this.
  12. HappyNoms

HappyNoms Ogliarchial collectivist

PADherder:
    link
    112353 with ragdra OdinDra Nees Nees as subs, with inherits sprinkled about, with atk badge rather than hp, though Nees #2 will swap to Cotton when Cotton gets devolved/reevolved for this team. My awakenings and inherits aren't optimal, but aren't awful, and one of the Nees is a cute Nees^Nees inherit for pretty derpy sub hp.

Seems decent.
    I think hp badge is also probably the better way to go.

Edit: Why do I have five fire resists on sonia? So random... Was I thinking I'd tank through some fire floors two years ago with x6.25 RCV. Lol. Her real power may still be the tank, but thank god we've moved on.

Cheeseghost likes this.
  13. xer 21

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    if you're running multiple rags though, most people wont have the rank for it. I cant run my team with the HP badge for another 50 ranks.

the RCV badge seems really nice though. I can already tank most things so the rcv lets me stay at full health more.

Cheeseghost likes this.
  14. Cheeseghost

Cheeseghost Lazyyyyy

User ID:
    This was my exact team but flipping one of my nees out and trying an assortment of other subs, don't have cotton yet, I even tried legiana with the 3 hp boosts lol

15. ambiguous57

ambiguous57 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    100% this.

I took both Sonias for a spin through A2.

Diablos/Gronia blasted through like it wasn't nothing.

Gronia/Gronia blasted through, but wasn't able to oneshot a couple floors.

BSonia died because Shiva was left with a sliver of health, something that hasn't happened in ages. Granted, I screwed up and only got 6 combos. Still.

16. Terreos

Terreos Active Member

I haven’t taken gronia for a run yet. So I’ve been running blonia/blonia. I haven’t taken her through arena yet as I’m still working on a spike for the team. The most I’ve been able to do with her is around 9mil. Not terrible but normally she hovers around 1mil as not everything needs her full activation. But honestly the damage is a big let down. I wouldn’t be as disappointed if the teams recovery was better. But that has a lot more to do with the subs than blonia herself. She’s definitely gonna be one of my fun teams, but isn’t gonna stack up to Ed or Ideal.

Atleast I know Amen is gonna scratch that “I want more damage!” Itch once he comes out.

Cheeseghost likes this.
  17. NewToPAD

NewToPAD Active Member

Are the (S)onia's you all are mentioning from REM or MP Shop? I see them in the shop too is why I ask.

What do people mean when they say constellations? Thanks.

18. Trap

Trap Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    The only Sonia in the MP shop is DSonia, but she's pretty mediocre. The Sonias people are talking about are Blue and Green, AKA Clea and Fio. Constellations are a 5* pantheon that just got their Awoken evolutions. The pantheon consists of Castor, Pollux, Antares, Spica, and Alrescha.

19. YamaKyu

YamaKyu Karin Kanzuki was a mistake. And I love it ♥

User ID:
    349-296-255
    I'm not sure what kind of info you're looking for about the constellations, but you might find something useful in this thread I made about their recent awoken evolution. Or maybe not.
    Their non-awoken form also have some use, although they're not used a lot in general.

20. Cheeseghost

Cheeseghost Lazyyyyy

User ID:
    Dbdc is inbound the 23rd and all sa are active now I believe