DISCUSSION: Upcoming Monsters/Evolutions/Dungeons/Mechanics

Discussion in 'News & Events' started by DENCHI, Jan 17, 2014.

1. Cheeseghost

Cheeseghost Lazyyyyy

User ID:
    Revo satan was released as well and a dungeon for him next week, but you can evolve yours now...what's the farm team for him like Zeus dios? Is there one?definitely need those healing latents lol

2. BurningMan

BurningMan Dropping the green Bomb

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    He only has one sb so its likely better to use him as inherit on something like DMeta might still need to stuff a whaledor in the team for sb even in coop. At least one lead should be lajoa you can pair with something like revo pandora. But honestly i don't think he will be that popular lajoa is a super rare collab pull and revo satan is a bigger investment than even mgoemon whose leaders are farmable and dios got a big upgrade in kaede who is more available and can also pair with the always common alb.

3. AktionMan

AktionMan Mocker of numbers in usernames

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Fixed to represent my own experience in this ranking dungeon.
    Yup, that's more accurate.

4. sgt502

sgt502 ばかぷれーやー

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I'm so bad at making crosses I can't get a positive time remaining lol

samuelburtt likes this.
  5. HappyNoms

HappyNoms Ogliarchial collectivist

PADherder:
    link
    WTF.

In 3 years on forums I've only reported a handful of posts, but I'm sorely tempted. Just viciously flame the guy from out of nowhere. We always had a cooler uplifting and bitingly clever community spirit.

Board reading is itself a skill.

Though I personally like the blind reset last floor that forces an adhoc solve if you are crown chasing and refuse to compromise a couple sec.

If you are the alleged skill whisperer, what I would really like to know is whether it's on average slightly faster/better to solve endfloor as two crosses or one cross and a higher combo. I haven't quite determined which solve style is more optimal. Double crosses seem quick in pure theory but are often so awkwardly laid out in board practice that working with them slows down the accompanying rainbow solve / cascade fall through to make the rainbow.

Hearts to water guy, the animation second nonwithstanding, seems as a split-second on the floor transition board layout judgement call to sometimes speed up next to last floor so fast that it's actually net worth the animation second.

Still experimenting with both those things, even after a few days in.

6. AktionMan

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Woah woah woah--this was a huge misunderstanding. I didn't mean it that way at all. It's my own experience here--I'm the guy blowing each board, I'm the guy rageclosing after taking 10 turns to kill the boss just because I don't want to see another negative score. I'm the furthest from skill-whisperer there is. I struggle to get 1 cross and all 5 elements, let alone 2 crosses.

If @YamaKyu took it as me flaming you, please don't. I'm sure you're ranking much better than I was--I was taking your words and making them my own since I've been struggling so much with this ranking dungeon. I'll be more careful about how I'm quoting things in the future to make sure nobody thinks I'm doing anything besides being playfully self-deprecating.

Last edited: May 17, 2018
  7. Iluvatar

Iluvatar Semi-IAP..damn you GH

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Don't see how anyone could read your previous post as flaming the guy you quoted seeing as you qualified it with:
    Fixed to represent my own experience in this ranking dungeon.

Anyways, PDX says +15 shynee pal egg event is coming??? I ALREADY USED MY PULLS ON STUPID EVO MATS BECAUSE I THOUGHT EVEN STUPIDER "RARE MONSTER" was next rotation. Fuck. Atleast I have mail pal points.

Bolts and RajaNagaSoz like this.
  8. RajaNagaSoz

RajaNagaSoz Maximum Casual

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link

Same, except i don't have mail points... :monster11:

9. YamaKyu

YamaKyu Can we fix the friend system already ffs

User ID:
    349-296-255
    Hey @AktionMan no worries, I got you right o/

Still trying to secure my +30%. I'm sitting at 28%, it might be enough (it is for the rewards I'm chasing after), but I'ld be really upset to fall below 30% on like the last day or so. I think I got the general idea, but I'm not good at the execution x)

Knomraski likes this.
  10. HappyNoms

PADherder:
    link
    My bad. My stellar misread was that you were taking his words, and striking out parts of them with much blunter revisions as a critique, which would be pretty hardcore. When you were actually tweaking to express yourself. Totally changes the reading, obviosly.

This dungeon is the worst for rage closes. You want to do the first floor and the king's floor with a blistering fast two seconds and done swirl-swipe for minimum five combos, and the fuck-up moment when you blitz too fast and are off an orb or diagonal accidentally, and the run is hosed, but it's a million coins and xp if you tolerate finishing, and you know you did it to yourself...

11. HappyNoms

PADherder:
    link
    Dunno what the 30 cutoff in Japan was, but a note that protic blog tracks most of the ranking dungeons with a nice graph that shows what the crown cutoff point threshold was day by day from when Japan did it. Granting that is Japan and not NA, but it still possible tracks ballpark.

JP for this one, the final day 3% crown cutoff was 150808.
    https://pad.protic.site/2017/12/25/ranking-dungeon-xin-hua-cup/

I expect the curve slope at the lower 20 30 thresholds was a much flatter rise over the days, as i would think it is 10 and 3 that see the most sustained competition amongst people in the top 15 range vying to nudge their competitors out of 3 and 10.

YamaKyu and RajaNagaSoz like this.
  12. AktionMan

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Only in my dreams could I be so hardcore. \m/

Yeah, even floor 1 sucks--I'm pretty sure the minimum 5 combos with no crosses still leaves some of the devils alive, cuz that's happened to me a bunch of times. I always try to hit 6 or 7. Or, maybe I just miss an element as I try to blaze through. Either way blowing the 1st floor is SUPER annoying.

I had a reasonable run yesterday that got me 90k points and a 35% finish. Hopefully that'll stick because that gets me all the rewards I want, assuming I'm never going to be able to 10% this dungeon for Xin Hua. Too bad.

13. RajaNagaSoz

RajaNagaSoz Maximum Casual

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    i managed somewhere mid-20%, but i'm not bothering anymore. I don't really want a Xin Hua, so i'm good.

Way back when these things started, and the idea for a set team arose, i thought "oh hey, they could make some fun teams to use, like leads that worked together well but few people used, or one with an expectation of using an active every floor so it has a system team to play with" but noooooo. We get all-attributes in various sub-par ways, and weak 7x6 with all-attributes and crosses at the same time.

Can we at least get like, Awoken Spica & Revo Bastet (or Ace Bastet) where the boss chooses your starting position...

...or one of those leads where using an active is 70% of their LS & a no-skyfall lead, and a bunch of egypt2 subs at 4-turns to rotate as wished, with each floor being a different color absorb, so you pop each in order and don't match the one orb color (because skyfall won't balls you)

I dunno, but so far i don't think i've played a "fun" ranking dungeon. maybe one came through when i was on haitus. :egg3:

14. YamaKyu

YamaKyu Can we fix the friend system already ffs

User ID:
    349-296-255
    There's an easy way to fix the team in this ranking :
    Using L/x Rajin instead of Grato.
    Another improvement would be to use A.Pollux instead of Navi for the 7x6.

I can guarantee it's a million times funnier than the team they're giving us.

15. HappyNoms

PADherder:
    link
    My biggest beef is actually the disrespectful way the ranking dungeons are carefully designed with deliberate malice, so that a 9 combo with a cross, multiple water and rainbow under x2 boost STILL leaves the boss alive at 2-3 percent.

That doesn't happen by accident. Someone maps / maths that out repeatedly and makes sure the boss hp is just a couple percent "trolling to fuck you" higher.

The effect has been present several of the last few ranking dungeons, really markedly at times.

This one doubly so, because the floor 2 dog is pretty careful hp threshold trolled in a lesser way. (i.e. An 8 with two blues takes him to about 3-4 percent if you get no skyfalls and just the 8.)

But the end floor in particular.

Super unfun bad mannered, just to ensure that extra random rng variance toilet bowl flow.

You aren't stopping anyone at a given skill level from running the extra times to get the variance luck, or competing on matching speed and decision making. You're just making a gratuitous and unnecessary feel bad.

All of my salt...

Last edited: May 18, 2018
    samuelburtt likes this.
  16. Iluvatar

Iluvatar Semi-IAP..damn you GH

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Welcome to crowning 101.

samuelburtt likes this.
  17. HappyNoms

PADherder:
    link
    JP had a couple, not yet in NA, where the crowning threshold was 6 percent.

I'm not sure if that was because they finally realized they were being assholes about their dungeon design, or just random whatevs, but at least that silver lining is upcoming.

Just as many people would not crown if they let the dungeon complete without the troll math and just let you compete on velocity and decision making.

It's borked that the broken run I'm salty about was a 138 with the second attack floor re-try, and yet still basically strikes me as correct, as tracking 150s-something-ish. It's literally correct to play into variance and go for more than zero skyfall matches, because that is what gives your run an extra 2-3k+, at the expense of fucked up feel bads when rng screws you.

That rng variance is what salts me, there for no reason but to immiserate.

Meanwhile, JP gets an upgrade to swap their pad radar leader skill.
    Puzzles and hufflepuffing dragons...

18. BurningMan

BurningMan Dropping the green Bomb

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Last edited: May 23, 2018
    tetsusaiga64 and sgt502 like this.
  19. ko300zx

ko300zx Well-Known Member

User ID:
    No idea why it took half a decade to implement these changes, but I'm still happy they are coming. Stackable evo mats, latents, & tamadras, not having to save duplicate descend monsters, not having to save a page of +egg feeder cards....I'm going to free up 500 box space. What am I gonna do with it all?!

nickjr likes this.
  20. kaylathehedgehog

kaylathehedgehog Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    So much good stuff in the works. I'm really stoked about the farmable Fujin.

We'll have so much room for activities!

nickjr and ko300zx like this.