DISCUSSION: Upcoming Monsters/Evolutions/Dungeons/Mechanics

Discussion in 'News & Events' started by DENCHI, Jan 17, 2014.

1. polarburr

polarburr monkey see monkey wu

User ID:
    polaburr@PF
    PADherder:
    link
    They removed a lot of orb enhance awakens....

Most ults looked underwhelming, Myr seems alright (with weird awakens tho) and maybe raph will be worth playing around with? Brachy with a 10C is unexpected

2. BurningMan

BurningMan Dropping the green Bomb

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Pretty disappointing stream since the new ui stuff was already leaked and none of the evos seem that great.

3. Cheeseghost

Cheeseghost Lazyyyyy

User ID:
    Do you have link to pics or new revos?

4. sgt502

sgt502 ばかぷれーやー

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    They make starter dragons more powerful and bind proof. That's a plus in my book.

5. Iluvatar

Iluvatar Semi-IAP..damn you GH

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
  6. Cheeseghost

Cheeseghost Lazyyyyy

User ID:
    Inahime gets 12x atk with small shield and a 7x6 board...That's pretty cool..luci looks like a farm lead, but uriel, gabriel, and Michael get 7cc...Vajrabhairava and Vajrayaska are doing 200k for each lead to all enemies per floor that's crazy especially for people as a starting lead...idk I'm more excited than most I guess...

Knomraski likes this.
  7. BonerChamp69

BonerChamp69 I'm huge

Myr is probably the best card here. Same SAs as before so 3 tpas and a 7c. Solais weapon equip = 4 tpas with an active that is actually good for her team. Also great RCV for stallist. Light can easily stack te subs too.
    Yog is meh. Fua is nice but they could have at least given the other one a 7c or something? Like him getting no new awakens is pretty boring.
    DAthena disappointed us as we all predicted but didn't want to believe.
    Starter Dragons are pretty good if newer players can actually get them somehow.
    Uvo inahime x awoken inahime will be pretty strong. Like damn. 192x on a 7x6 with a shield is nice. Abuse Krishna skyfalls for consistent activation.
    Angels all with 2x7c is cool. Amon balanced VDP is nice.
    Luci is a godboner and sb stick.
    I feel like they could have buffed a lot more cards than they did. Changing the awakenings on 5 revos but not touching the outdated leader skills is underwhelming.

8. xer 21

xer 21 Mathematically the Worst Player on the Forums

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    im not even sure Myr is good. you basically HAVE to burst and its gonna be super heart hungry. i dunno. the lack of damage control is turning me off, and im just so past the heart crosses. the RCV buff is honestly insane but i just find zero times when i wouldnt want one of the other leads. Gronia is better at stalling, ed and yusuke hit harder in easier fashion, and both have better damage control. i dunno. its a step down from where we're currently at, imo.

9. NewToPAD

NewToPAD Active Member

Is this Myr you're talking about an Evolution off of the 1 I use right now, which is evolved to it's highest form right now?
    If so, when I evolve it to this new Myr will I keep all of my current latent awakenings and Super Awakening? Thanks.

10. YamaKyu

YamaKyu Karin Kanzuki was a mistake. And I love it ♥

User ID:
    349-296-255
    Myr is going to become relevant again and I love that. A little bit sad about the loss of OEs because they're useful to me when I sub Myr in my Raijin team but she gets a 7c in exchange so I can't complain about that. I'm a little more puzzled about this combination of double L-awakening and double TPA (it sounds very Lakshmi to me :p). At least OE is compatible with everything and always useful/never wasted.
    But eh, I can accept that.

She actually sound very strong as a lead with a x14 multiplier, 50% shield AND x2 RCV ! That's virtually a 4/196/16 pairig, like, WTF :'D Oh and with 2secs TE built-in her LS (so 4 in total).

Actual Myr 2.0 is here, Lolier than ever and ready to obliterate stuff in 2018. Hype.

We'll need to see JP players actually do it but it's very likely that she won't loose anything o/

11. HappyNoms

HappyNoms Ogliarchial collectivist

PADherder:
    link
    MTG collaboration, my body is ready.
    Though I'm sure I'll roll my eyes when the cards are mainstream Planeswalker characters with vanilla boring pad actives and not super busted cards from vintage and legacy history with weirdly novel and thematic effects. Ah well. Missed design opportunity probably, but if it makes me cheerfully spend on packs after a long disinterested drought, I'll smile.

Starter red dragon actually being x27 (x9 and x3 vs dual type floors) on occassion when two fairly common types come up on mixed type boss floors is actually not at all bad. I can see making a couple different copies of him with varied super awakenings.

And I'm happy about dual revoRaphael. x32 by x32 on a 5x6 is properly respectable, highly flexible sub pool, optional damage control, probably run solo for the unbindable badge. I can get behind that kind of x1024 playable modifier. Soft hp but the leads revo-tweaked one turn immunity actives, or a shield sub, since the pool and colors are so flex. Decent split lead for hp options.

Dathena with a TPA equip is 5 TPA (7.5), x64 modifier, hits for x480 as a card (x1360 if your super awakening killer is randomly relevant - god/devil/physical). Not the worst thing ever. Just for making dark TPA on a highly forgiving dark/water leader activation requirement. Seems fine. That's equivalent to three vanilla cards at x160, so two leads equipped that way (preferably with different SA killers god and devil) is like the dps of a vanilla x160 team, and your four subs bring this and that at x64, FUA, multiple boost cards, etc, plenty of flex. C'mon, it's decent for a fully farmable card/team. x2.25 hp and heal back to full RCV.

Last edited: May 27, 2018
  12. BonerChamp69

BonerChamp69 I'm huge

Well compared to everything else released in the stream I'd say she's the best. Probably won't dethrone Yusuke or Ed. Also Diablos has 0 damage control and has been the best lead for a year now. At least Myr can take down sopdet without Fujin. Also Myr has a non useless active with a low CD and can get fua. And she's farmable which is insane. And can tank through serious bullshit and the RCV means you don't always need a cross shield as sometimes 3 hearts will bring you up just fine. I just wish they tried half as hard to make DAth relevant.
    Plus I like making heart crosses. Ok I said it. Fuck with me.

YamaKyu likes this.
  13. xer 21

xer 21 Mathematically the Worst Player on the Forums

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    tbf though, Diablos is great because he elevates tons of leads, myr is just myr. and i'd argue that diablos is much easier to activate naturally and versatile.

14. HappyNoms

HappyNoms Ogliarchial collectivist

PADherder:
    link
    ?
    Diablos you either match less than 8 or don't match your split lead's activation requirement for at least a degree of damage control. It's not great, but it's not total absence. I have actually gotten past Sophdet before off a delay and chipping, granted that one is particularly bad / luck roulette. Against things like 1m Vishnu, it's a lot more reasonable to chip under. Still. You're probably dead. Just not autoloss dead.

Dathena with x5 TPA and an SA killer. Maybe not meta, but I'm willing to give it a whirl. For farmable tier, seems okay.

15. bookwyrm

bookwyrm Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Ugh, they couldn't have given DAthena a SBR or 7c? They had to give her another TPA? TPAs aren't meta anymore!

16. Yani NP

Yani NP Believe in the heart of the skyfall Gods!

User ID:
    So no one gonna talk about how good ReMaChao is? Pretty much a new Diablos with bonus RCV but more requirements but I'm still excited about him being my potential best green lead.

xer 21 likes this.
  17. Zaurora

Zaurora Momiji Best Girl

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Ma Chao seems good. He loses his 7c, but has 4 tpas. I guess they're trying to bring tpas back.

Diao Chan is kinda iffy, though. She gets more damage with her L-attacks, but her active is a real toss up. There really isn't an instance where you would use her active instead of, say, Odindra. Her active is almost purely time extension in normal play. I get that her L-attacks make up for the lock orb removal, but sometimes you need to use a skill to unlock rather than use a turn to match an L.

ezekiel. likes this.
  18. BurningMan

BurningMan Dropping the green Bomb

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Kinda sucks that they made these unique evo stones for everything thats a hassel to evolve severly reduces the qol improvement i had hoped for

19. YamaKyu

YamaKyu Karin Kanzuki was a mistake. And I love it ♥

User ID:
    349-296-255
    Yes. A thousand of yes. I can't wait to go back to heart-crosses.

My thoughts, exactly. It's a nice improvement but the evos that would really beneficiate this new system are not affected by it a lot.

(see Reni blog for more details https://pad.protic.site/blog/new-evolution-stones-how-tos/)

I'll take Mion as an example because fuck evolving Mion : the only difference in her evo requirement induced by this new system is that Ilsix will now use a water stone (don't remember the size but it's irrelevant to the point anyway) instead of Zeus Mercury. That's all. Everything else are unique stones and usual evo material.
    And in the end the same applies to a lot of evos because of the "unique evo stone" thing.

On a side note, big stones can be used instead RGB golems and that's fucking fantastic. Thanks GungHo for this.
    In the end it's very nice improvement I think, but it doesn't affect the evos that would really need it nearly as much as those that don't really needed such a thing in the first place.
    It's still an improvement, just not as big as I thought it would be