DISCUSSION: Upcoming Monsters/Evolutions/Dungeons/Mechanics

Discussion in 'News & Events' started by DENCHI, Jan 17, 2014.

1. ko300zx

ko300zx Well-Known Member

User ID:
    Yeah, their evo mats, Kira and Mowa stones, are the same Pad Radar series as Zapan and Borma in the screenshot above. Can trade 3 stones or run their respective dungeons. All of the steams I've seen lately have been hours of carries of the Kira dungeon (Myr mat). Some pretty cool Kaede builds, some Verse ones.

2. bp1976

bp1976 Pittsburgh, PA Born and Raised

User ID:
    This evo stone thing looks complicated, but we will get the hang of it guys. Most important thing is that they are stackable, opening up even more box space.

Its such a shame that all of these QOL changes are coming at a time when my interest in this game is waning fast....

Efreet, FoxtrotFool and Vaedriel like this.
  3. Orange Crush

Orange Crush PAD's Nostradamus

User ID:
    Only reason Im playing right now aside from daily logins for stones is with free those free stones I rolled a different leader that I find fun (in Yusuke) that I can find leader pairs with. The QoL change I want is a better leader pairing system, maybe a teambuilding system with your leader, your subs and then the final slot being a list of monsters that are in ANY of the leader slots of ANY of your friends teams regardless of how recently they played and how close to your level they are. Not the current, pick your team, pick a dungeon, select a co-lead from the crapshoot of available leads.

samuelburtt, ambiguous57 and Vaedriel like this.
  4. AktionMan

AktionMan Mocker of numbers in usernames

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    While that sounds nice, I feel like there have been vast improvements in the leader pairing system... when I stopped playing a few years ago I was constantly searching my friends lists for a viable lead to pair with.

Now, no matter which lead I switch to, there are almost always some non-friend options that show up with that same lead. I think that is by design.

5. Efreet

Efreet Well-Known Member

User ID:
    302 818 310
    PADherder:
    link
    Sadly it simply means that you're using a meta lead, if you try something different most of the time you won't have any match.

ambiguous57 likes this.
  6. chiubag

chiubag Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    It helps if you switch to the lead you want to use, then full close the game and relaunch, and it'll re-grab the non-friend pair leaders for you. You can hope to get a match this way.

ko300zx likes this.
  7. brouxhaha

brouxhaha Dream Killer

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Unless you're looking for Fenrir Viz friends, then you're just SOL.

Fridgeboy, Vaedriel, YamaKyu and 3 others like this.
  8. ko300zx

User ID:
    Like chiubag mentioned, if you select a team and then go back to the start screen, it will often put up a non-friend to pair with, but it's not always a guarantee. So, there is some function that searches for leads. All they need to do is just make it a more robust search that just allows you to manually search for leads you want to pair with if none are up. The friend system should just be there for pal points. Leader choice shouldn't be restricted to what others are playing.

Of course, it is designed the way it is because GH are a bunch of greedy dickwads, and it was just another way to get people to spend money on stones, building their friends list so that they could have more options for lead pairings. They are giving box space back to us now. Maybe there is hope for a change someday in the near future.

9. Orange Crush

Orange Crush PAD's Nostradamus

User ID:
    Oh I know about that guys, I usually do that to skip having to look through friends lists for the lead pair I want. But its still a VERYYYYYY high likelihood you are going to be SoL if you arent using a new or meta lead.

ambiguous57 likes this.
  10. AktionMan

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Yeah, I don't know how robust the autosearch is. I've never had a problem using underpowered-but-still-useful leads like Urd and Gadius, even though they aren't meta anymore. Early game on my new account, I never had a problem at all finding leads with whatever random BS leads I had pulled up until that point. But it's true that now I'm filled with Yusuke and Gronia leads, so finding anyone else that I'm toying around with is a luxury and not something I pay much attention to anymore.

11. YamaKyu

YamaKyu Karin Kanzuki was a mistake. And I love it ♥

User ID:
    349-296-255
    Even though it did improve a lot compared to how it where back when I started, the friend helper system could use a more robust search feature indeed.
    I'm glad I found 2 users that play glass cannon Wd/x Fujin and they both BF'ed me so we can play Fujin forever, but it feels like it's just the 3 of us in the whole NA server (it obviously isn't the case) because in its current state the friend helper search system sucks at showing us helpers that see little play. I have never seen any other Wd/x Fujin helpers in the non-friend suggestion part. So either there are none (why not but I highly doubt it), or the system could use some improvement. Probably the later.
    Still, it did get better. It just has a lot of room for further improvements.

ambiguous57 likes this.
  12. ambiguous57

ambiguous57 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    Autoliked every post pointing out how busted the stupid friend system is.

What's the point of pulling a fun new lead if it's not meta enough to be seen available? Why is a single player game so heavily skewed toward rewarding the meta hive mind?

Don't get me wrong: if I'm playing to win, I'm playing to win by rolling with a top tier lead like Yosuke. But sometimes I want to have fun but everyone is too busy drowning in the Sea of Yosuke.

13. RajaNagaSoz

RajaNagaSoz Maximum Casual

User ID:
    not to mention the leads that you don't want a twin of to pair with, like any of the awoken constellations. i find it quite annoying looking for something to run Alrescha with, hell i don't really see much water anymore at all, outside of the couple amenos in my FL, and a diehard Clea or two.

14. Carlos R. Marti-Figueroa

Carlos R. Marti-Figueroa Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    One thing you can try is "bait" the leader you want to pair with by going in with that same leader in the active slot then changing the the actual leader you want to use just before entering (for example, set alrescha as active slot, then go to the friend leader select screen, then hopefully get a non-friend alrescha to come up, then switch your team to You Yu for example). Of course that requires you to have said leader, which sometimes you won't have :/

Shinigami Yuki likes this.
  15. Shinigami Yuki

Shinigami Yuki Things are getting hectic.

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I have got to to try this. Seems like a great experiment :bookworm:

16. RajaNagaSoz

RajaNagaSoz Maximum Casual

User ID:
    Unfortunately, i have no other strong blue leads except Clea (which does kindof work).

My friend whom i have generally complained about for various reasons had been complaining to me about not being able to run with his Sarasvati more (when her super-ult was fancy and new) because the best thing i had (basically up until Clea and awoken Alrescha) was Skuld. which at this point he still hasn't gotten one, and i recently recieved... i think it's my 6th total skuld.

At least there's plenty of things to play around with A.Antares/Pollux.

It works, somewhat even if you just want the color type. I was having a little luck using Ronove to bait out Diablos' to show up slightly better back when i had just came out of haitus.

Shinigami Yuki likes this.
  17. AktionMan

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I second that--it works reasonably well. Works even better if you're not that picky and are have a few suitable options you're hoping come up.

18. Iluvatar

Iluvatar Semi-IAP..damn you GH

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    What is going on with PAD guide? Seems like they aren’t updating guerrilla times until late in the day.

19. ko300zx

User ID:
    I want to try more challenging stuff with more obscure leads. Stomping everything with Yusuke is fine and all, but after a while, it turns to farming. To go through swapping inherits all over the place and setting up the team to have a chance, I just want to be able to pick someone suitable rather than settle for the 1 (if I'm lucky) option GH puts up.

20. Vaedriel

Vaedriel Lost in the Shadows

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    My Alt BF'd two peeps with Raijin so I could run her as a lead. Really shouldn't have to do that. I have Viz on my Main, and he is FUN to play, but he is never on my friends list. I'm all for a overhaul of the Leads/Friends finder system. It would be great if the game could load more then just Slot 1, 2, and 3. With 200 friends on my list, if I had access to slots 1-5 or even 1-8, I would find more pairings.

Cheeseghost and YamaKyu like this.