DISCUSSION: Upcoming Monsters/Evolutions/Dungeons/Mechanics

Discussion in 'News & Events' started by DENCHI, Jan 17, 2014.

1. Vaedriel

Vaedriel Lost in the Shadows

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I still have a DMeta. I didn't have one for a loooong time and then I rolled 3 one GF last year. I sold two of the three but I am glad that I kept the one. Once her current evo came out I had her in my S1 for a long time. She is useful for some things, just like @Flandre pointed out.

*EDIT* Thanks for bringing up DMeta, I had forgotten how much of a fun lead she is.

It is pretty much a rule of thumb that no matter what the card, always keep 2-3 or at a bare minimum keep one because the moment you think it will be useless... that is ALWAYS when GH decides to make it useful again.

:wideyed: Wow. Just wow.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2018
    ronmoho and Flandre like this.
  2. Fridgeboy

Fridgeboy Well-Known Member

Except for the odins right? Oh and GGY, GZL, LZL, RGY.....etc lol

Cheeseghost likes this.
  3. ronmoho

ronmoho Well-Known Member

Eh? The new Odins are good, specific role as a sub, great active. Ls is current too. Or am I missing something here and don't get the joke?

4. Vaedriel

Vaedriel Lost in the Shadows

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    It will happen... just when you think there is no chance in hell. GH is sneaky that way.

5. RajaNagaSoz

RajaNagaSoz Maximum Casual

User ID:
    Ya know, to this day i don't have either of the Zhuges. I wouldn't be wholly unhappy pulling them simply to have one of each.

Speaking of old GFE i never got, dark meta is one whose never graced my box.:dark:

Especially with these (Fio/Clea, and R/B Odin mega evos) coming around. The Metatrons' should be next, but what's after them, it's been so long i can't remember...:misc1:

Cheeseghost likes this.
  6. Cheeseghost

Cheeseghost Lazyyyyy

User ID:
    Didn't the meta just get their split evo a year ago? They might make them into revos lol and zhuge and Guan yu didn't even get a split ever either

7. BonerChamp69

BonerChamp69 I'm huge

Well the Sonia's got their split in June of 17 then mega awoken in February of 18 so that's not too soon. I'm just glad they recognized in the Odin's that something had to be done about their actives. They aren't as good as the Sonia's but not nearly as useless as they were. Still kind of a let down. Just one 7c over the 3rd skill boost would have made them so much better.

8. cjo

cjo Well-Known Member

I have faith! Actually Green Odin is fine, he makes a great inherit for awoken bind clear or a niche leader. Red and Blue Odins are getting double VDP and a double orb change so they're on track. It's the others which have been waiting sooo long. But I still have faith!

Vaedriel likes this.
  9. HappyNoms

HappyNoms Ogliarchial collectivist

PADherder:
    link
    It's nice to have easy VDP in all the colors.
    Red Odin, Blue Odin, Tardis, Yusuke, I forget dark, Persephone with SA, whatever.

Having a little depth in the category, new cards plus pixels, probably will make it easy(ish) for the masses to bring along multiple VDP cards for cosmic Trinity, etc, letting powercreep inching along bringing into range a couple more descends.

ko300zx and Vaedriel like this.
  10. Fridgeboy

Fridgeboy Well-Known Member

Exactly. Who cares about double vdp? Moar 7c or fingers. VDP is everywhere and can be acquired through SA if needed. To be honest vdp only matters if you WANT to one shot something, I don't recall anything NEEDING to be VDP'd (seriously sounds like some kind of venereal disease). They are a let down because those awakenings are something I'd expect from a 15k MP card, not a 50k. But hey, that's just me lol

11. sgt502

sgt502 ばかぷれーやー

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Sheena and V.Ney for dark VDP.

12. ko300zx

ko300zx Well-Known Member

User ID:
    VDP isn't necessary but it's very safe and it's super efficient for farming. Blodin would have been ideal for Borma farming. Was trying to put a Verse team together for a lower level friend who was a dumb dumb and started the dungeon without bothering to see if he had a team for it. Was forced into using Yusuke and praying for a 7c board with the setup we had. 2x VDP can give you the added damage you need without having to rely on combos or bursts in some cases. Being on a card with 3x skill boosts is also another great farming perk. I think the awakenings make them excellent farming options and it would be nice to have more access to similar 2x VDP cards. We are already flooded with 7c cards. Variety is good.

Shinigami Yuki and sgt502 like this.
  13. BonerChamp69

BonerChamp69 I'm huge

I just think a 7c would have made him a much more viable lead as his only offensive awakenings are VDP and you are not gonna be using that every turn. Also the 7c would kinda help with his limited latent killer selection. Hopefully my Andromeda army can still pump out enough damage for blodin to be worth using.

14. ko300zx

User ID:
    Not having a 7c doesn't make him any worse as a lead. Rikuu is an exceptional lead and has 3 awakenings total. Kushi has been a great lead for who knows how long now and she just got her first 7c as a SA. Both run 7c subs very effectively without having any themselves. Same for the Anubis side of Anubis/Diablos. Could fill the page with examples but I think you get the idea. VDP is also perfectly fine to use against enemies that don't have a void. Takes a lot of orbs but their actives could let you use it quite a bit.

15. sgt502

sgt502 ばかぷれーやー

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Madu or Kuroyuri (from GH Collab) would make an excellent lead for MA Rodin. Don't need 7c to deal massive damage. Kuroyuri is kinda broken that she only need to match Fire, Dark and Heart for full activation of 324x.

16. ko300zx

User ID:
    Leo is actually the stronger of the two. Same multiplier but only need to match any 3 attributes for the shield. Doesn't require specific colors. I think Kuroyuri's active is pretty cool though.

sgt502 likes this.
  17. sgt502

sgt502 ばかぷれーやー

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    You're right. She could lead MA Rodin and Blodin.

18. HappyNoms

PADherder:
    link
    My main issue with Leo is why I'd be running x18 Leo and not one of half a dozen different x30 leads, in the forthcoming era where anti-void Borma x30 and built-in immunity RevoRaphael x32 and so forth are things added to Anubis x30 and admittedly awkward U&Y x32. x18 is good from the perspective of 3 month old meta, but arguably not 2+ month future meta. Fine that it's a "farmable" option for everyone / non-IAP though, setting a broad threshold for where descend designers can assume farm-available powercurve is resting.

Kuroyuri active seems...hipster. Idk if I'm actually ever using it on Yogg or Kami or Enra hp conditionals, with the embarrassment of riches multiple instaheal 7cc Karn subs base available on Yogg, or the nearly everybody makes hearts while sporting 7ccs typical Oichi/CipherNey/Cronus/etc Kami subs, but sure. Unique actives are fun. They'll inevitably also be some nonsense "can't match hearts for X turns" pre-emptive descend floor where X is excessive where she swaps into whatever arbitrary team as niche convenient.

19. ko300zx

User ID:
    You would be running Leo over those others because of the shield. 324x and a 44ish% shield is incredibly strong and very easy to activate. 30x glass cannons aren't much these days. Useful for descends and what not, but anything clears those. The damage at 324x is overkill for pretty much anything but AA, and it still handles most things there quite comfortably. Leo is definitely worthy of the S tier ranking he has.

sgt502 likes this.
  20. HappyNoms

PADherder:
    link
    That's fair. I personally bias to x900 or x1024 and I'll tote along a G/L Susano inherit for 5 turns of 50% shield, or abuse Raphael immunity whatever random floor isn't OHKO to x900+ sporting anti-void and VDP subs, since we're 50k hp in self-coop even on leads with zero hp boosting, however I can see your point. Completely agree x324 is pretty overkill most places. I lazy bias to liking my lead brining void or FUA to keep my actual sub slots flexibly lazy and degenerate, but that's clearly arbitrarily subjective bias.

I lean to Vraska x4hp, rather than x1 and a 44% shield, the couple grindy hard-hit places like A4 that put you to the llamas-go-long lotta floors with a lot of trolling patience/duration test, partly since 180-200k self-coop hp means tanking a second hit most places if you heart screw without having a drought force pressure on actives, however putting Leo to the hands on before arguing that kind of preferential shenanigans seems fine. AltArena and Hands of Fate both present to me more like questions of bringing the right multiple anti-voids or anti-cloud/stripe compositional tests than being gated by hp/shield.

Are you getting both?
    I'm leaning to getting both, but not sure, being slightly peasant around 1.5 by the time both are here and ambivalent about getting one and banking 750 to the next iteration. Sort of staying +750 ahead each iteration to be at 1.5m when each set arrives in case something comes by with two absolute must-acquires.