DISCUSSION: Upcoming Monsters/Evolutions/Dungeons/Mechanics

Discussion in 'News & Events' started by DENCHI, Jan 17, 2014.

1. Cheeseghost

Cheeseghost Lazyyyyy

User ID:
    You have to sell the monster to get the + you can't take them off? Like what's the minus buttons for? Also wisdom kings have opened up major farming options and button and delay builds..vaj has 2435 atk, that's 235k damage every turn and half a mill with dual leads and a million against light monsters.. you could dathena delay.. also he has 2 multiboost and 3 sb.. same goes for light one and you can equip a 3rd multiboost

Last edited: Jul 11, 2018
  2. BurningMan

BurningMan Dropping the green Bomb

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Does anyone know how often the Evo gem guerilla comes around?

3. sgt502

sgt502 ばかぷれーやー

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    The minus button is when you want to decrease the amount of +points to the target through the +enhance tab.

Yes you have to sell the cards with +points attached to get the +points. They'll go automatically to your +points for dungeon drop though.

Vaedriel and ko300zx like this.
  4. YamaKyu

YamaKyu Go play some cross leads you cowards :p

User ID:
    349-296-255
    Didn't know about this new guerilla. Do you get unique evo gem in these or only the vanilla gems ?

EDIT : I have noticed that some cards can be converted to evo gems once evo'd, but not when they're uvo'd. Like, I can trade an evo Takeminakata, but not a uvo one. Is there a reason to that ? My guess would be that Takeminakata is not yet used as an evo mat in any evolution, so they didn't make an evo gem version of it, correct ?
    The same applies to Xuanzang ; it isn't used in any evo, you can trade him when evo'd but not when uvo'd.
    Cyclone Devil Dragon doesn't have an evo gem version either, while Tornado Holy Dragon (which is required to uvo Nordis) has an evo gem version.
    So I guess it has to do with that ?

Last edited: Jul 11, 2018
  5. sgt502

sgt502 ばかぷれーやー

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Aye. Any bosses that isn't required for any Evo can't be exchanged into gems.

YamaKyu likes this.
  6. BurningMan

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    You can get the vanilla ones but the rare ones have a chance to invade

YamaKyu likes this.
  7. Playerdb

Playerdb New Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I like the monster enhancement function a lot. It really makes it easier to navigate, especially for a newer player.

Before, it was like going to a restaurant with a thirty page menu. It’s so overwhelming you end up just going with a grilled cheese sandwich.

What was I talking about again? Oh yeah, sandwiches. Actually, that sounds pretty good right now. Mmmmm!

DaddyMojo and Vaedriel like this.
  8. kaylathehedgehog

kaylathehedgehog Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I was happy I could finally get rid of all those plussed monsters I've had sitting around, gathering dust, plus all of the extra plusses I had sitting in my inbox.

I haven't had this much extra box space since the evo mat stacking update, and I love it!

DaddyMojo, Playerdb and Vaedriel like this.
  9. Vaedriel

Vaedriel Lost in the Shadows

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    :hilarious:

Ditto! I *love* the monster enhancement tab. I skilled up a few cards I didn't realize I had the evo mats for and 297'd a couple that were only missing "X" stat. This update simplified a lot of s***.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2018
    DaddyMojo, Trap and Playerdb like this.
  10. ko300zx

ko300zx Well-Known Member

User ID:
    Persona dungeon was added to PADX (if no one mentioned it.) I expect they will announce it on Friday. I'm sure the Super GF will come when it's over. Don't see them giving up all the easy trades by letting people blow their stones on the super GF first.

yamo, Vaedriel and DaddyMojo like this.
  11. RajaNagaSoz

RajaNagaSoz Maximum Casual

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    While i'm loving the ideal extra box space (I hadn't filled up much of what i gained before, so the additional box space isn't as big a hit for me) the generic color gem trading is amazing and i love it. the specific gem trading... i'm actually still annoyed about because i had another 150 empty box space so it isn't freeing up some spectacular thing for me,

...and this is a lot of confirm boxes to hit okay on, especially since i can only seem to do them one at a time. I mean, i just said i want this gem, from that monster, do i really need to say "yes, that one" AND "yes i really do want the gem trade" on top of that? i understand protecting for accidental screw-ups, but c'mon!

Would've also been nice to get the +'s off of those boss drops that got traded in for the gems, not that it's a lot, but still...

And i know this is all nitpicking... ...but also...

...it would've also been nice to be able to copy over my sorting options into all of these new sections that are default "Att." only sorted.

Don't get me wrong, the quicker and more niche-nitpicky i am, the happier i am with said new implementations because i am thoroughly using them instead of avoiding them.

12. FoxtrotFool

FoxtrotFool Well-Known Member

I like the Evo stone, while Evo is still not trivial, not having to hunt 11 gold keeper for golems is great.

Definitely make making uvo Ragdra easier..

RajaNagaSoz and Vaedriel like this.
  13. chiubag

chiubag Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I, on the other hand, made an evo Ninegaruda that ended up with 100 plusses on it for RagDrag, so now I think I have to trade it for a Ninegaruda Gem which will cause me to lose the 100 plusses :(

RajaNagaSoz likes this.
  14. FoxtrotFool

FoxtrotFool Well-Known Member

Aww. That’s unfortunate. They really should extract the pluses when trading for Evo gems.

But 100 pluses is not as expansive as it used to be. It used to be 30+ stamina per plus, nowadays a plus is worth about one stamina.

15. Orange Crush

Orange Crush PAD's Nostradamus

User ID:
    So is the gist if you can trade a monster for an Evo gen you should? Or are there monsters you should keep evolving to get a larger evo gem? If various evo levels of an individual monster trade for different sizes of evo gems then it doesnt really solve the hoarding multiple copies of dungeon bosses issue since you cant really be sure what sizes youll need down the line.

chiubag and RajaNagaSoz like this.
  16. RajaNagaSoz

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link

This was the reason i was wary of it originally. if they're gonna have unique stones, you still have to get that specific thing. And some of them aren't even at the end of the evo line. Using it so far, for a majority of lower end stuff, it's a big improvement, but for higher end things, this is questionably useful at times, and just another step to have to do on others (Like, before, i wuld have to get the drop, evo it, and then use it for evo mats, now i have to do all of that AND turn it into a gem.)

Overall it's an improvement, but depending on how it goes in the future, things could get really weird and complicated if they aren't careful about it.

ambiguous57 likes this.
  17. Orange Crush

Orange Crush PAD's Nostradamus

User ID:
    Well at a glance it looks like the same monster at different places in its evo line can be made into different things. For example Awoken Hera makes a medium gem and Divine Queen Hera makes a large. So I guess it’s only safe to turn monsters into Large gems unless you need them. And hopefully there isn’t any Size Gem and Unique Gem overlap or it gets even dumber.

18. Trap

Trap Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    There is a little bit. Here's a good outline of all the gems: https://pad.protic.site/blog/new-evolution-stones-how-tos/

HappyNoms, Vaedriel and Playerdb like this.
  19. RajaNagaSoz

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I don't want to make this a super short post, but honestly, there's nothing else to really say here...

It can't just be me thinking this baseball collab is extra weird. :misc13::misc2::questions:

20. BurningMan

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Yeah kinda sad we likely don't get it though some of the cards look really useful