DISCUSSION: Upcoming Monsters/Evolutions/Dungeons/Mechanics

Discussion in 'News & Events' started by DENCHI, Jan 17, 2014.

1. RajaNagaSoz

RajaNagaSoz Maximum Casual

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Competitive ranking in a gacha game is a mistake in itself. at least the highest rewards aren't generally the most widely useful (like the +'s, king tama, super snow globe, etc) and are more of an mid-range MP purchase, or future annoying dungeon boss for some evo, or whatever.

[​IMG]

xer 21 likes this.
  2. ko300zx

ko300zx Well-Known Member

User ID:
    I think it's a nice change of pace when they stick to fixed team tournaments, or at least non-fixed ones where there's a variety of options, but I don't know what they are thinking with this. They completely removed the component of solving boards quickly with the last boost to points they did. The winner, who beat everyone else by over 10k points, took 5 extra turns to just pad the L unlock score. Really curious if anyone else thinks this is "competitive" or if I'm just salty.

3. RajaNagaSoz

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    It's probably a good idea to give bonus score for all these different things you can match, but when you put too much on them, well, this is what happens.

This isn't your flavor of competition, i guess. it's certainly still competition, just a different kind. "How much speed-score can i burn, on what match-style, to maximize points".

It's the difference between watching gymnastics versus 100-meter dash. They're both olympic sports, one just wants you to fill the time doing twirly jumpy stuff, and the other is a mad dash from point A to point B.

.....in the grand scheme of things though, i don't particularly like competition in itself, nor having a basis of it cemented in RNG (which is what i meant before about it being a mistake in a gacha game.), and would rather see something like a cooperative tournament or purely a style tournament where instead of a timer, you get a certain # of boards, and all the points come from what fancy combo you can derive from the board. probably with some diminishing returns on same-style combos, and maybe a match timer upper limit of 20-25 seconds. I dunno.

I'd be more sold on fixed-team stuff if they didn't give us awful teams that have vague synergy. Don't give me double-attack-stance active subs on a rainbow match lead, or make me make an SBA and 7 combo on a lead that wants multiple single-type combos. It doesn't have to be a full-on meta team, but if my box from 3+ years ago is an improvement... there might be a problem.

ambiguous57 and ko300zx like this.
  4. ambiguous57

ambiguous57 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    Yeah that stuff doesn’t make sense at all.

I don’t understand why more of them don’t feature OP meta teams to encourage rolling more. If they’re not going to go that route, then I would expect either a serviceable team that a middle of the road player would have or those “blast from the past” ones where you’re running some old school, pre-awakening team. These dog crap teams that don’t even make sense though? Wtf?

RajaNagaSoz likes this.
  5. RajaNagaSoz

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link

Anyone else remember when Xiang Mei originally released, and her "top meta" team was as many uriel and/or gadius as you could cram on the team?

or when Dath initially released as the "top team" was SUVO drga and 3 Haku?

Or way back when Sakuya Ult (the normal original!) was top tier?

I hated trying to run sakuya, lol.

Ronia x Lu Bu devil row teams. Hoo boy, talk about ancient.

Those are throwbacks. B/L Isis leading was never something i wanted to run, but i remember a fixed team with her as lead.

6. Cheeseghost

Cheeseghost Lazyyyyy

User ID:
    Wait I thought it was 3 haku and okuni... followed by 3 haku and mitsuhide lol

7. yamo

yamo Well-Known Member

3 haku and awoken loki

8. Orange Crush

Orange Crush PAD's Nostradamus

User ID:
    Lol file Awoken Loki beside Awoken Shiva in older pantheon cards I always wanted and never got that became useless then awesome again then useless again.

Haku can be in the list of old pantheon cards I never got too, but never really wanted.

9. RajaNagaSoz

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link

Pretty sure it was S.Uvo Durga ?= Alt.Okuninushi > ... nephthys...? i think they were all there for the 2x SLR and dmg boost actives while being sub-water. I don't recall mitsuhide at the time, but it's possible/probable.

10. ambiguous57

User ID:
    Guys wtf?

It was clearly 3x Haku and Loki.

Okuni or Durga was for the Loki-less scrubs.

Sima Yi was also for the scrubs lacking that 3rd Haku.

Anything less than two Hakus meant you weren’t even playing DAthena or you were but wondered why you wasted 750k on her.

DaddyMojo and Trap like this.
  11. ko300zx

User ID:
    Nah, lot of players used Sima because he could take god killers. 1 dragon, 1 god made some damage control spawns a little easier, or something. Maybe sopdet to bring damage more in line with Dathena's big attack. I can't remember, but it was intentional over the third Haku lol. Man, the good old days. I'm gonna watch Aizen videos all night.

ambiguous57 likes this.
  12. ambiguous57

User ID:
    I do miss Aizen. And Rukia. She was the first I got that forced me to get good and learn how to combo. Clearing A1 with her back before she had her ult is still one of my favorite accomplishments.

I hope it comes back someday so they can get some buffs, but it has been so long now that I’m skeptical that it’ll ever happen.

ko300zx likes this.
  13. BurningMan

BurningMan Dropping the green Bomb

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Yeah I hoped for a comeback when the live action movie was released, but I don't really think it will happen anymore. Which is a shame since I have both aizen and rukia from the REM and would like them to get some buffs

ko300zx likes this.
  14. RajaNagaSoz

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Urg, i never got anything good out of the bleach stuff.

Also why are there so many Sheenas on my FL out of nowhere?! Am i missing something, or is my FL just going insane?

Like 7 popped up out of nowhere over the past week.

15. tetsusaiga64

tetsusaiga64 Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    She's the top pick for taking out xiu min in the ranking tournament with her phys killer and vdp awakenings.

RajaNagaSoz likes this.
  16. RajaNagaSoz

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    ahhh... ....wish i had one.

17. BurningMan

BurningMan Dropping the green Bomb

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    You don't need one take one of your friends list ;)

RajaNagaSoz likes this.
  18. RajaNagaSoz

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Still wish i had one, one of the easier things to get out of that REM, and i still got like 5 meri, but 0 sheena.

RNG as usual.

In other news i finally went and tried that one-shot keela dungeon.

[​IMG]

Blind and no-continues! This team continues to surprise me with how much more usable it is than i originally thought, especially for a bindable lead. Friend was the VDP Madoo.

For those who care about team setup:
    A.Antares[Ronia] (no latents)
    Elginubi[Revo.Kagutsuchi] (just one all-stats latent) {S.Awk: Anti-Cloud}
    RGY[Gadius] (no latents) {S.Awk: none}
    Urd[Urd] (no latents)
    Revo.Uzume[Typhon, Avatar of Destruction Card] (no latents) Not even max lv, as you can see, LOL
    Full party +297, Small Finger bandge (i could have used the fat finger badge, dangit.)

19. ko300zx

User ID:
    Ugh, Lajoa's voice is so disappointing. Had that deep sinister voice on JP. Not even close to that. Sounds like an old guy farting out of his mouth.

20. Orange Crush

Orange Crush PAD's Nostradamus

User ID:
    Dragon Bound & Dragon Caller is coming back! Aside from my perfect yolo roll on the 10 stone god fest I’ve saved all the stones we just got (probably hit 130 stones plus the free roll stone pack and mail roll for 15 tries).

My chase card is a Lajoa but would be pretty happy to grab a Tardis or two on the way. The rest of the 6/7*s would be fine I guess, but I really don’t think they uniquely fill any niche I don’t have covered already.

RajaNagaSoz likes this.