DISCUSSION: Upcoming Monsters/Evolutions/Dungeons/Mechanics

Discussion in 'News & Events' started by DENCHI, Jan 17, 2014.

1. ko300zx

ko300zx Well-Known Member

User ID:
    Justice League. Buffs are live. More time to save stones :D (for the collabs it seems we are less likely to get by the day)

Last edited: Feb 7, 2019
    sgt502 likes this.
  2. YamaKyu

YamaKyu Make crosses meta again

User ID:
    349-296-255
    I think we are getting both ? Valentine *and* DC, right ?

3. Murdurus

Murdurus Rampage

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    If Valentine is happening, it's likely going to be after New Years since we're getting DC after Fate/Stay. That being said though, it would be late if it started next week so I have no idea.

EDIT: Or not, they could have 3 collabs going at once...

Last edited: Feb 11, 2019 at 12:47 AM
  4. YamaKyu

User ID:
    349-296-255
    We have 3 special REMs.

What a time to play PAD.

5. Cheeseghost

Cheeseghost Lazyyyyy

User ID:
    That Sonia looks pretty cool for valentines

6. YamaKyu

User ID:
    349-296-255
    JP just buffed the L-Awakening by granting it some attack bonus alongside the shield.

I'll have to see the numbers but I have to admit I'm pretty pissed they just went the "attack boost" option again as it fixes none of the numerous issues this awakening has. Unless the mentioned boost is something crazy like x2.5 or x3, but then it might just be too strong.
    I think the game doesn't need more strength, but more variety, and I wish GungHo's designers would think more that way too ;_;

7. BurningMan

BurningMan Dropping the green Bomb

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Even if the boost would be 5x i think it would be hardly relevant because of the terrible distribution lol

8. ko300zx

User ID:
    I think this fits that idea just fine. Rarely is the shield super valuable, but maybe if you have a weird distribution of damage dealing orbs, and tons of hearts, you can opt to make the L of hearts and get a decent boost. I mean, that is adding variety when before, it was practically pointless to not only make the L, but to attempt to use one on a team. Might make some sub options more valuable, and alter some matching decisions. That's a little variety.

9. YamaKyu

User ID:
    349-296-255
    Apparently the buff is x1.5 ATK for the card with the L-Shield :facepalm:

And you can't even match several Ls for increased effect.

Come. On.

I hate to say stuff like this but I swear sometimes I just genuinely wonder if they have actual game designers working on the game. I mean, they obviously do, but I'm baffled that this is an actual thing that has been approved.

We already have a thing that does just that. Why make different awakenings that will be used the same way for the same thing OTL

At this point they should just erase it from the game and replace it with L-unlock, I don't know.
    I'm so pissed zomg :')

EDIT : Or obviously buff it again and differently. There are ways to address the problems of this awakening

Last edited: Feb 13, 2019 at 2:41 PM
  10. ko300zx

User ID:
    It's a mediocre awakening put on 5 star filler cards :D It doesn't really have problems. If they start putting it on 8 stars and it's junk, then we can say it has issues. Can't have your cake and eat it too.

11. YamaKyu

User ID:
    349-296-255
    Well that was the case 6 months ago ._.
    Also if you make a feature and it's pointless in your game then yeah it probably has problems. I mean, the only thing L-Shield really addresses is 100% gravities, but there are better ways to deal with this which requires less commitment and provides better and more consistent results. So the shield provided by the L-shield is quite pointless. So yeah, I think it requires attention from the devs ._.

12. sgt502

sgt502 ばかぷれーやー

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I don't think it's pointless though. It only available as Super Awakening so that we couldn't abuse the L-Shield to get 100% shield (it's additive). One useful case is when you have leaders with 4x HP and no shield, you face Hera-Nyx but couldn't one shot her for some reason. Activating L-Shield would makes you survive Nyx's first hit.

ko300zx and YamaKyu like this.
  13. YamaKyu

User ID:
    349-296-255
    What does Nyx do on first turn already, I can't remember ?
    Also has anyone actually ever done that though :|

Ofc by "pointless" I mean "so niche you can probably count the number of people using on a bunch of people's fingers, so I might as well think of it as pointless".

You need 20 L-shields to achieve that. That's a bit more than 1/3 of your team's awakenings. Like, every card in a team has 3. I mean, even high rarity combos team don't have that many 7c, despite 7c being literally everywhere, so I'm not sure we're yet to a point where we should worry about abuse ?
    If they don't want us to abuse it (and they totally should indeed), they can limit its spread by never making any card with more than 1 natural L-Shield, and 1 SA for example. So 2 at best. That way you get 60% if you fully commit to it.
    But right now, even getting 20% in a team that makes sense is borderline a miracle and a huge commitment.

14. ko300zx

User ID:
    New Evolution type?????
    https://pad.protic.site/new-type-of-evolution-in-pad-coming-soon/

:eek::wideyed::wideyed::wideyed::eek::eek:o_Oo_O:jawdrop::jawdrop:

For some reason I was thinking I swore I saw it as a standard awakening, more along the lines of L unlock. I was unaware it was super only.

Anyways, I think they understood it needed a little attention, hence the attack buff, but I'm struggling to see how you can be that disappointed with it or think they can give it much more than that.

If you make something powerful both offensively and defensively, it's gonna be broken. A minor attack buff added to the shield is a decent compromise. If you have a card with a 7c super and an L shield right now, you choose 7c always because the shield alone didn't justify that huge damage loss. Now, if you have a 7c and an L shield choice, maybe you think twice. Maybe the team is a little squishy but damage isn't suffering, so you choose L shield and maybe you can bring 2 or 3 along. You sacrifice a little damage by opting for 1.5x instead of 2x, and get a 10-15% shield in return. Does that not seem like a fair compromise?

sgt502 likes this.
  15. sgt502

sgt502 ばかぷれーやー

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Equip assist for Jewel Princesses pl0x...

Perhaps they didn't want to release new type of cards too soon so they turns their heads into the long forgotten cards. Nice to see some older cards getting buffed so we can play them again.

YamaKyu and ko300zx like this.
  16. ko300zx

User ID:
    I saw some crown-like icons that looked like the MP dragons too? Shaping up to be an interesting anniversary it looks like. I want to see a Super Revo Kushi. I chased her kinda hard, and then once I got her, realized I was awful at pad and couldn't make full use of her. Now that I can make at least 3 combos, I would love to see her come back around.

iddybat and sgt502 like this.
  17. YamaKyu

User ID:
    349-296-255
    I get the reasoning but I don't really agree. I can't care less about an offensive buff when I'm using a defensive awakening, tbh x) Usually playing with weird stuff like the L-shield or orb enhance would be my kind of shenanigans, but as it is now I really don't see myself using it, even for meme purposes. And the fact that they're pushing an offensive boost instead of buffing what makes L-shield unique (you know, shielding) absolutely doesn't help. I really hope they'll review this decision sometime and actually make L-shield a thing that is worth the commitment of getting L-shields in your team, and actually matching a space and time consuming shape with your hearts while playing :9

18. ko300zx

User ID:
    You don't have to agree, with me, or GH :D Challenging and discussing is what makes for good changes! See this is a tricky spot. Let's say you buff the shield to 10% and you can potentially have a team with a full time 60% shield on top of any other damage reduction. That seems way too strong to me. Even a buff to 7.5% would be cutting damage almost in half. Imagine Shirou with 4x HP, 4x RCV, 400x attack, and on top of that, a 45-60% shield. That's powercreep that makes Mega Dmeta look like a 2 year old evo.

So, what are the options if you did that, without touching the offensive side. You could further limit the cards that get the awakening so you can't ever fill a full team with them, which is the equivalent of just not buffing the shield component in the first place. Or, you have to design the game moving forward with the thought that people will put this on every card possible. Harder dungeon hits or weaker leader skills, whatever to bring some sort of balance. This just hurts design potential, makes for a balancing nightmare, and eliminates the variety we want.

Buffing the offensive side of things may seem like a cop out or something, but it does give more value to the awakening and doesn't open the flood gates for potential abuse if they want to continue to offer it on more and more cards.

How do you see them buffing the shield without this being the case?

Last edited: Feb 13, 2019 at 9:29 PM
  19. YamaKyu

User ID:
    349-296-255
    Great question, and my answer is to not touch the base number of 5%. It is underwhelming but the truth is it's a fair amount. 7.5% is ok, but nothing more. 10% is straight up too much for a single awakening.
    But you don't need to buff the numbers. Or at least I don't think so.

I made an extensive post about this, trying to analyze this whole situation, but to quote myself :

So basically the amount is fine as is, but what can be adjusted is how the awakening itself actually work.

I think that would make it a more interesting tool and option available to have for us players without making it busted or touching the numbers (or adding an ATK buff). How would you feel about it ?
    (arguably a lot of awakenings would need a rework of this kind, but I think OE and L-shield need it the most atm)

20. sgt502

sgt502 ばかぷれーやー

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Yes the icons on the left are definitely Crown icons based on MP Dragons on the right. The MP Dragon images on the right aren't monster art, IMO. They are just bases for the Crowns. The important thing are the Santa Claus icon and the Super Reincarnation type.

ko300zx likes this.