DISCUSSION: Upcoming Monsters/Evolutions/Dungeons/Mechanics

Discussion in 'News & Events' started by DENCHI, Jan 17, 2014.

1. sgt502

sgt502 ばかぷれーやー

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Metatron officially becomes the stalling point for enhance lol

2. Noc

Noc Active Member

User ID:
    Noc
    PADherder:
    link
    My concern with collab dupes isn't with the cards I want, but with the cards I'm not targeting. My most common dupes from recent godfests include cards like Hino, Aife, Allatu, and most of the samurai 2s. I'd take dupes of them over dupes of just about any of the non 6 star rolls from most collabs and seasonal REMS (except maybe DBDC). I've actually used Hino more than I've used any collab 5 star I can think of and he's probably my least favorite super godfest roll in the last 4 months. Street fighter has unusually strong actives among the 5 star cards and even they're mostly useful as assists. So suppose I'm hoping to get Sagat or Ryu, and on the way I get 4 copies of cards like Alex, Cammy, or Zangief. The first was intriguing and the rest are kind of awful. What's even more frustrating is that because of the smaller pool of cards, collabs tend to produce a lot more copies of the same bad 5 star dupes as you're chasing things in the six star range. This is a problem when I don't get what I want, but suppose the occasional diamond egg does come out of the REM. Which diamond egg I get is still random. On the other hand, when i stock up GFEs, some are useful and others can be traded. And I can trade the ones I don't want toward a variety of different cards. When I roll a collab, which card I get is a crapshoot. I can still trade away a 6 star collab card, but at that point that collab card has a similar value to the GFEs until the collab is over at which point the GFE holds more value because the collab card is no longer trade fodder. Unless you're sitting on a very full box or a very full bank account, there is loss of value when you have to chase the latest and greatest leads in collabs and seasonals rather than super godfests.

3. Orange Crush

Orange Crush PAD's Nostradamus

User ID:
    Obviously I’m not in the cool kids club anymore, where are people getting all this info. The pad reddit news feed has *some* of the 7th anniversary stuff and *none* of the stuff you’re talking about

4. BurningMan

BurningMan Dropping the green Bomb

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Pad protic
    https://pad.protic.site

Reni and MisterDrgn like this.
  5. YamaKyu

YamaKyu Karin Kanzuki was a mistake. And I love it ♥

User ID:
    349-296-255
    If you had to only keep one source, it should be https://pad.protic.site/

Hands down best ressource for PAD info, news and even reviews

EDIT : Woops, burned

Reni likes this.
  6. Murdurus

Murdurus Rampage

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Over all, for the most part, it was disappointing when it came to announcements. There was only a handful of things that actually mattered to me and most likely, many others. They announced a bunch of buffs, most of which are to boss drops whom we don't use for anything but evolution fodder. The new evolutions are alright but nothing really stands out other than Typhon's absurd amount of HP.

The things that stood out most to me was jewel equips and Giga's equip for being unbindable. Ciel's equip is nice too for the flexibility of moving killers around. I'm honestly surprised that Haku got the SREVO and not Sakuya; if I'm going to be dropping 100M xp, it better be worth it and Haku's SREVO is not although I suppose her increased dungeon drop super awakening might be somewhat worth it *shrug*.

Very underwhelming to say the least, I was expecting some meta-changing evolutions or at least on-par with D.Meta to some degree.

7. sgt502

sgt502 ばかぷれーやー

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Actually, the Descended bosses buffs are kinda neat. Maybe not for long-seasoned players, but for new players, it'd help a lot since their box is very limited unless they spent a lot of money rolling REM. I remember that I used to use Zaerog00, Wangren, Threedia Nazca and Defoud and many more in my early PAD days (still have some of them maxed out in my box), and even some of them are very useful for veteran players for farming purposes.

MisterDrgn likes this.
  8. BurningMan

BurningMan Dropping the green Bomb

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I made an alt not too long ago and have used literally zero farmables ever outside of the new good ones that were not buffed and verse
    we get enough freebies to make a complete REM team in literally the first week and if you have a team to beat their dungeon you very likely don't need them.
    There are a few exceptions but almost none of these buffs have any impact on the cards viability. Verse getting two fingers is the perfect example its only useful in a couple niche situations and doesn't change anything about his viability over anything else.

ambiguous57 and ko300zx like this.
  9. ko300zx

ko300zx Well-Known Member

User ID:
    Your first post you talked about "rare dupes", trading for other collab cards, and top collab leads, all of which implies 6 star rolls, which dupes of are valuable. If you're talking about 5 star dupes, which don't fit any of your original description, well dupes of those are inevitable and not all that valuable past a 2nd or 3rd. Talking about 2 entirely different things though. Sorry if I didn't understand first time.

Standard awakening buffs are cool, but it's the fact they put a lot of good awakenings as super awakenings. No older player would be doing that unless it was for some super rare one-off ranking use or something. For a new player, sinking a super snow globe and 297s into Wangren for a 7c is going to be a huge waste of resources. It just really doesn't make sense for anyone, new or old, to go through the trouble of adding all these supers to cards that should never really even have them unlocked. Rather than just adding to some of those older cards, they should rework them. Dump some of the junk awakenings and give them some extra TE or something so there's value again for new people. I mean they did add some decent regulars to a lot of them but take someone like Fagan for example. Dump the silly resist awakenings and the single auto heal and give him an extra TPA or two.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2019
  10. Noc

Noc Active Member

User ID:
    Noc
    PADherder:
    link
    Yeah, on a second read I can see why my post gives that impression :) But, my real concern is with the overall value of collab rolls. The cost of chasing good leads feels like it's increasing. Hopefully gungho is just temporarily slowing down power-creep, and some older cards due for Mega evos (e.g. Esch, DKali, Skuld, or Kaede) will pleasantly surprise us. On the plus side, Kage looks like a solid lead.

11. sgt502

sgt502 ばかぷれーやー

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Kind of want what JP players has, resource wise, eh? They did have access to a more resources than us, mainly +points.

12. bp1976

bp1976 Pittsburgh, PA Born and Raised

User ID:
    I agree, these buffs were stupid. But I do use MNoah, MGoemon, and Dios on my alt quite a bit. Super awakens for the Machine bosses were really dumb, considering their leaderskills are literally for multiplayer, and the only reason to use them as a sub is in multiplayer LOL. (I will wait now for someone to tell me about that one time they used one of them solo for some obscure reason and how that justifies the buff LOL)

13. ko300zx

User ID:
    Guess I just don't really see what you're seeing. Collabs for the past couple years have always been a few good 6 star rolls that come out at the same 2.5% or so, and a bunch of filler junk. So, if you're gonna roll, you have to go in with the expectation that unless you get very lucky, you're going to be pulling 90% filler junk. That's why it has always been preached that newer players stay far away from collabs and stick to god fests. Spending 100 stones for 1 6 star and a bunch of dupes is a poor investment for early players. Trading actually makes it far easier to get what you want, whether through lucky collab pulls or extra GFEs so I just feel like the cost of chasing good leads has actually decreased as of late. I mean they gave a free Valk CIEL (should have been the choice for anyone needing a better lead), a free Witch (4 of which can handle 98% of PAD), you can trade for any collab lead you want, etc. There's a million good leads out now, so rolling any any collab is a luxury, even if a tier list says one is particularly strong.

That would be nice of course lol, but even if we had them, it would still be a waste to use them on farmables.

And if they did it before, they don't need a super awakening to do it again lol.

14. Murdurus

Murdurus Rampage

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I did forget to mention that DMC and Monster Hunter collab coming is noteworthy though. Time to save up those stones, I wonder if they're going to make something better than Diablos... or maybe they'll give him a new evolution? :wideyed:

15. YamaKyu

YamaKyu Karin Kanzuki was a mistake. And I love it ♥

User ID:
    349-296-255
    No idea what they have in mind with Monster Hunter. Only thing I care about is I don't want to come back to another Anublos situation were the same pairing keeps being massively played for almost an entire year :9

But there's no denying that the collab itself is really good and I'm glad we're getting it again soonish. Hopefully I'll find a way to get myself a Paolumu this time ~

16. Cheeseghost

Cheeseghost Lazyyyyy

User ID:
    ALL HAIL PAIMON!!!! and kyo on my dantalion team!!! Pretty excited since I have 6 paimon not that I need that many...anyway this post is not informative and basically useless..lol

YamaKyu likes this.
  17. ko300zx

User ID:
    Witch Assists are out and the 8 star SGF on Monday. Hope they skip the Shittybansho collab which JP got the same time as the assists.

18. MisterDrgn

MisterDrgn You can't take the sky from me. Staff Member

User ID:
    Hopefully they give us the 100 free stones JP got at the same time as their last SGF.

19. ko300zx

User ID:
    We'll get them, just not sure if it will be with this one. Hard to guess on that.

20. Reni

Reni The mama

User ID:
    ᴺᴬ 315,091,284
    PADherder:
    link
    Wow what a compliment, thanks! LOL

Dunamos, Murdurus, chiubag and 5 others like this.