DISCUSSION: Upcoming Monsters/Evolutions/Dungeons/Mechanics

Discussion in 'News & Events' started by DENCHI, Jan 17, 2014.

1. Murdurus

Murdurus Rampage

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Not damage absorb but attribute absorb: Noah Dragon comes to mind. Damage void + damage absorb would be a complete nightmare, I hope it never exists. It's already bad enough we have damage void + resolve.

YamaKyu likes this.
  2. ambiguous57

ambiguous57 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    This.

I would be pretty excited to pull this guy. I can’t stand damage void. It’s the one mechanic in the game that consistently holds me back from running the teams I actually want to run. Just about every other obnoxious mechanic can be handled with an active, awakening, or inherit, regardless of team style. Damage void? Not only do you have to devote a specific slot to it because it requires an actual awakening, but it completely locks out certain team styles unless you want to cross your fingers and pray for a good board and/or skyfalls. It’s awful. I’d love to run Shirou more than I do, but I can’t figure out what VDP card is remotely relevant for his leader skill.

3. Noc

Noc Active Member

User ID:
    Noc
    PADherder:
    link
    @ambiguous57 Would the new Mega Ilm work? He's fire and light, makes a bi-color board, and enhances his own damage if you use his active for a VDP.

4. ko300zx

ko300zx Well-Known Member

User ID:
    Ilmina, Cotton, Baldin, Madoo, VSonia, Ares, Ed, Kyo, Ryu, Echida, Mega Ilm...there's tons of options.

5. MisterDrgn

MisterDrgn You can't take the sky from me. Staff Member

User ID:
    VDP is pretty easy for Shirou because his active helps you get big combos while you VDP. There are lots of good subs--see the posts above.

6. xer 21

xer 21 Mathematically the Worst Player on the Forums

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    a lot of people dont even think about Baldin and Echidna and Ares (ok ares isnt that great) because a lot of people think not having light discounts them as subs, but baldin has defintiely put in work for me on Shirou before mega ilm came out.

ko300zx likes this.
  7. ambiguous57

ambiguous57 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    Yeah I was primarily thinking of the two latest arenas, so skimping on the light attribute isn’t really ideal. Also don’t want to kill Edward or Cotton’s triple 7C either. Especially since Cotton can’t really use relevant VDP killer latents. Mega Ilm is a great suggestion, though. Will give him a shot.

Thanks, guys!

Let’s not forget my main point, though: void damage sucks.

8. ko300zx

User ID:
    It's not ideal, but you don't need light attributes. I use Enra and VSonia for A5. If you're looking at Alt A4 and A5 when you say the two latest arenas, Mega Ilm is going to be pretty far down the list. The only Dragon void across both dungeons is the Dragoncaller floor in Alt A4 and that's her only damage awakening besides the VDPs. She can take God killers which are more useful in general, but still a bit hit or miss. Red Cotton doesn't need the third 7c either if you're using on Shirou. You will get more value out of the universal 7cs and VDP than you will trying to fit a VDP with specific killers in. She does take devils which are relevant in A5.

9. chiubag

chiubag Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Wait, are the Sherlock cards all SEPARATE?! I thought it was evos of one card.

10. ko300zx

User ID:
    Light and Red are split evos of Green.

chiubag and BurningMan like this.
  11. YamaKyu

YamaKyu Karin Kanzuki was a mistake. And I love it ♥

User ID:
    349-296-255
    Shaman King collab cards are being posted PADx Discord (soon on http://pad.protic.site/ I presume) and it has some nice cards and all but

[​IMG]

We finally have the first card with a non Super Awakening L-shield. It took ages but it's here. Well, it turns out the card itself isn't good by any mean (awful stats, active is not really great, LS is straight up trash and awakenings are just not good). But it's the first. And I've been waiting for this first for waaaaay too long, because now that we have it that means we'll have more coming in the next months. And that is great.

For some reason I expected Shaman King to bring us the first L-shield equip but L-shield sub works as well. I wasn't too far off :9

Also, on a side note.
    • Chō-Senjiryakketsu (Anna equip) looks absolutely bonkers amazing, bringing massive value to the team by just being inherited on anyone. Not only she's one of the very rare inheritable Odindras (full bind and awoken bind clear) in the game, you also get a tape-resist AND a SBR awakenings. Also 500HP. Sign me in.
      Base Anna's AS is awasome as well, super supportive.
    • Base Yoh Asakura is looking like an amazing super Bestcat pairing
    • Guardian Spirit Mama (Opacho equip) is pretty nice as the AS is a leader swap but since it's an equip you also get awakenings (including a SBR) out of it.
    • Shamash (Jeanne equip) brings a super bind immunity, alongside a nice "remove one color of skyfall" active skill. Only last 1 turn tho.
    • Mic the Jaguar (Chocolove equip) has an impressive 5 turns x1.5 matching time AS (aslo attack boost but I don't care). We've had 5 turns TE boost before, as well x1.5 TE boost, but this is the first time we get such a big TE boost that lasts that long. Awesome. And it does come with a finger and an actual killer.
    I really hope we get this collab @NA ;_;

BurningMan likes this.
  12. BurningMan

BurningMan Dropping the green Bomb

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Really hope we get this in NA all monsters are pretty nice witb their assist forms

13. Cheeseghost

Cheeseghost Lazyyyyy

User ID:
    Why are people not excited for monster hunter?!! I mean I know there werent huge upgrades, but a lot of assists got an extra awakening...I think Brachydios can do 20x with 2 jammers, I know jammer meta is out but that's cool along with an extra second...his equip is mind blowing especially for the new paimon...I think that rathalos hp boost is also awesome...why are ppl not excited

14. Murdurus

Murdurus Rampage

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I think it's mostly because it's a 10-stone and there's nothing meta-breaking about them. Also, there's only a few equips that really stand out and the others are mostly mediocre and can be ignored, e.g. a lot of dead pulls. That being said, I am enjoying playing Zinogre with Campus Uruka after Zinogre's buffs.

15. MisterDrgn

User ID:
    1) 10-stone collab
    2) I already got the good 5-star assists
    3) Leads are all mediocre, including the new ones
    4) GungHo collab (possibly coming next) has far better diamonds

16. YamaKyu

YamaKyu Karin Kanzuki was a mistake. And I love it ♥

User ID:
    349-296-255
    I kinda am tho, with every passing day I feel my need for a Zinogre and this time I will get it.

17. MisterDrgn

User ID:
    Sure, if you trade for it.

18. ko300zx

User ID:
    MH is ass if you have all the equips. Rest of it is just plain old meh.

19. sgt502

sgt502 ばかぷれーやー

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I'm not too excited because I can see myself pulling:
    Tigrex
    Tigrex
    Tigrex
    Tigrex
    Tigrex
    Out of stones