DISCUSSION: Upcoming Monsters/Evolutions/Dungeons/Mechanics

Discussion in 'News & Events' started by DENCHI, Jan 17, 2014.

1. BurningMan

BurningMan Dropping the green Bomb

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Damn why do we have to wait so long for those dark evos...

2. Murdurus

Murdurus Rampage

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I'm glad for the C.Uruka buff finally arriving but I do agree that it sucks that we didn't get GH collab. I'm assuming that this 'empty' week was supposed to be GH collab. I'm not really sure why it's not here though, it's not like it hasn't been here before.

3. YamaKyu

YamaKyu Karin Kanzuki was a mistake. And I love it ♥

User ID:
    349-296-255
    Full buffs are here

https://pad.protic.site/uruka-planar-cherun-received-buffs/

I would say I like the Cherun buff.... if I had Cherun to begin with x) But seriously, this looks like it would make her very consistent. 8 remaining orbs on a 6x5 board even with 2 crosses is very easy to achieve. That is pretty nice.

Planar's LS buff is... a buff, I guess. It won't change much but it's still a LS buff. What excites me however is the awakening change she received ; with a built-in VDP her SA is free'd from the VDP duty, which means I can pick L-Shield. With a L-shield Planar helper that would make 15% L-shielding in my team, which should be starting to have a noticeable effect.
    I like it.
    (though it's not like I still play Planar, since we have Light Planar on steroids Karin Kanzuki now)

Noc likes this.
  4. Efreet

Efreet Well-Known Member

User ID:
    302 818 310
    PADherder:
    link
    Sadly it was to be expected, gungho collab had a supergodfest with it but we still have to complete our spring part 2 and they probably don't want two sgd back to back.

5. Noc

Noc Active Member

User ID:
    Noc
    PADherder:
    link
    Of those, I only have Uruka, but I have mixed feelings about her buffs. I love the additional 7c. With her 7c super awakening, she can join the ranks of triple 7c cards, but I really wish they did something about her active. While I'm guessing reducing her cd was never on the table because Zinogre has an identical active that takes equally long, combining those time extends and tossing on a skill charge would have been nice. As things stand, she has no skill charge available for multiplayer and in single player one has to choose between a 3rd 7c and making her active unusable in most dungeons. I'm also ambivalent about the leader skill buff, since dragon-typing is pretty restrictive and 1.5x hp makes a kuroyuri loop iffy. I've paired Uruka with Reeche in the past, but I guess now the more natural pairings for taking full advantage of her leader skill will be Mega Roots, Zinogre, Roche, etc.? Fingers crossed for a dragon-typed Mega DKali.

Last edited: May 10, 2019
  6. bp1976

bp1976 Pittsburgh, PA Born and Raised

User ID:
    So after her buff this morning I ran the team. Only thing that kinda sucks is that the Zinogre and Hexa actives dont make hearts, and Uruka needs hearts for activation. But Zinogre hits like a truck holy shit. Team had 70k HP in solo though, freaking crazy. I really want to get another board onto the team, might swap hexa for something else, hate losing that HP though. I might buy dark ra dragon and throw him on the team, he would hit almost as hard as Zinogre and has a better board. Would require me to toss a trojan horse on someone for the resists but thats not a huge deal.

BonerChamp69 likes this.
  7. BonerChamp69

BonerChamp69 I'm huge

Uruka buff is damn nice. About time too.
    Paired with RKali you have 191x on a 7x6 with 2.25x hp, 1.5x RCV and 2 shields. I just wish they gave Rkali a buff to her awakenings too. I'd even just be happy with another tpa or more fingers at this point.
    But yeah uruka x Rkali actually seems pretty strong now. Skill charge on uruka seems better than 7ccc if you have the right subs to do damage. 7x6 board makes it much more useful.

Also Planar getting a built in VDP is fantastic. Now half my DMeta team has VDP so it's not as important if the killers match.
    Cheren is cheren. Limitbreak with another team HP is nice. Can give a shit ton hp to my mega Scheat team.

Last edited: May 10, 2019
  8. Noc

Noc Active Member

User ID:
    Noc
    PADherder:
    link
    That's an interesting way to think about it; my hunch was the opposite. I have Reeche and Zinogre as chargeable Fujin alternatives, as well as Lugh and Fujin with shorter cds. I could imagine myself wanting an additional Fujin active occasionally, but I think extra damage is more likely to make a difference in high level challenge dungeons, training arena, etc.

9. BonerChamp69

BonerChamp69 I'm huge

Well it depends how you are using her. If you are leading with Uruka and pairing with RKali, you won't want Zinogre or Reeche on your team. If she is a sub on a different team, then the 3rd 7c sets her apart from those two.
    The thing is neither option is bad, and neither option is objectively better. Like most things in this game it is situationally dependent.
    I have 7c SA on mine right now. Ill try it out with that and if I feel Amatsu/Azathoth aren't pumping out enough damage I'll keep it.

10. Murdurus

Murdurus Rampage

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    D.RaDra is a pretty solid choice and I bought one for my team. His CD is a tad long though but has a 2 turn haste to make up for it. So far, I don't regret getting him and his defense ignore is quite nice too against high defense floors. I have also noticed that Zinogre doesn't make hearts but I also feel like that for the most part, it's unnecessary; for floors that do damage absorb, their HP isn't that high so losing out on the multiplier from Uruka isn't huge. That said though, I'm using C.Uruka and her damage multiplier is split more evenly than regular Uruka so it might make a difference for you?

With the C.Uruka buff, both Zinogre and D.RaDra is breaking 50M pretty easily. Really, the only problem with this team is that damage voids is a problem; they essentially need to do it the old fashion away and just whittle away at the boss rather than one-hit KO like what most other teams do with VDP. Lately, just about every single boss has damage void and it's incredibly annoying and pretty much defeats the purpose of damage enhancers like Sheen. Until we get Sherlock, I'm guessing they will continue to be a problem for rainbow teams.

11. BonerChamp69

BonerChamp69 I'm huge

I've been thinking about VDP options.
    So far
    Saber with Academy Susuke or I think zeta equip but yeah.
    Baldin or Suou with Chiyome equip.
    GCotton with VDP SA and awoken Acala equip.
    Azathoth/Gore Magala with grisar inherit or maybe pixel Sephiroth.
    Basically anything that changes light orbs to a favorable color or spawns a row of a color.
    Also Nohime boards are great.
    This is all in regards to Rkali X Uruka.

12. Murdurus

Murdurus Rampage

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    It's not really the options that I'm worried about, it's getting enough orbs of one color and then also keeping all the other colors available. That aside, because the team is rainbow-focused, it means that it's less likely that you'd have one favorable color to VDP with to get the kill too.

13. ko300zx

ko300zx Well-Known Member

User ID:
    It's not as bad as it sounds on 7x6. I used to do it with Reeche/Ilmina for a bit. 9 out of 42 orbs might not happen on every active but you can almost guarantee it on the turn after if you just horde the VDP color at the bottom.

14. BurningMan

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Kinnikuman returns in jp...
    DMC collab when....

Murdurus likes this.
  15. YamaKyu

User ID:
    349-296-255
    Overdue evos when.

REvo Constellation 1 when #MakeSpicaSmileAgain2019
    Mega Awoken Skuld when

16. BurningMan

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    My guess is end if tge month at gung ho fest stream ;)

YamaKyu likes this.
  17. YamaKyu

User ID:
    349-296-255
    I hope you're right, I'm kinda tired of the constant influx of collabs when on the other side the cards I already own are overlooked :')
    Business is business, but it does feel not too great ha ha

18. Murdurus

Murdurus Rampage

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I ain't gonna lie, after blowing like 300 stones on MH, I'm stone-starved at the moment so I don't mind if it comes a little later.

ko300zx likes this.
  19. chiubag

chiubag Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Yeah at this point with how long they've made JP wait for DMC5, I am assuming it will at least have one OP card a la Ed.

I might roll once or twice in GH SGF when we get it but I think I'm just gonna keep saving until DMC stuff is announced.

20. ko300zx

ko300zx Well-Known Member

User ID:
    Gonna be a lot of broken hearts around here when DMC is just mediocre like the last 4 lol.