DISCUSSION: Upcoming Monsters/Evolutions/Dungeons/Mechanics

Discussion in 'News & Events' started by DENCHI, Jan 17, 2014.

1. BurningMan

BurningMan Dropping the green Bomb

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I am honestly more scared its a super broken 10 stone machine and that we get a simultaneous release right after i blew all my stones on gh godfest xD

2. YamaKyu

YamaKyu Karin Kanzuki was a mistake. And I love it ♥

User ID:
    349-296-255
    Be careful, you might give them some ideas ha ha

3. YamaKyu

User ID:
    349-296-255
    [​IMG]

So much yes. I love it.

iddybat likes this.
  4. BurningMan

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Punch to the gut for na
    I feel like they only make good collab cards when its jp exclusive...

Murdurus likes this.
  5. ko300zx

ko300zx Well-Known Member

User ID:
    Kinnikuman...4/1024/4 Lol. Pretty much needs 7x6 leader swap for him to take advantage of that, but still. Not that it matters either way for us...

Double Fujin when. Tired of wasting 5 mins stalling on Durga.

6. ko300zx

User ID:
    Who's signing up for a chance to be on stream lol :D Wonder if they know how many people they discourage from signing up by saying, oh if you fail, we take away everyone's rewards as punishment.

Anyways, they will be doing a new descend. Safe to assume it's Scheherazade and we'll be getting Bastet. Don't recall any other new ones. Her along with Nemain, Macha, etc. on Thursday and maybe Gungho next week?

7. BonerChamp69

BonerChamp69 I'm huge

Mega Awoken Fujiin/June Bride Reeche incoming.

ko300zx likes this.
  8. Roland

Roland Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link

I want this very much

9. BurningMan

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    New myrs seem pretty strong. Dark is basically fatalis with less hp but higher rcv and light is setting another precedent for imba cross leads

10. ko300zx

User ID:
    Myr/Fatalis will be a good pairing. With Eir and the RCV badge, you should be able to heal a ton while still being very tanky. Much more flexible than a Kuro system and quite a bit safer than Fatalis with just Eir.

11. YamaKyu

User ID:
    349-296-255
    New Light Myr (how should we refer to her ?) basically erase Loli-Myr from relevancy. The only thing you loose is a tinsy bit of damage (x13.5 instead of x14, and only 7x as an offensive awakening) and 1sec of move time (though Loli-Myr's built in her LS)).
    Not too sure whether or not that is good, but boy, that's a pretty impressive card.

Cheeseghost likes this.
  12. sgt502

sgt502 ばかぷれーやー

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    ...and we can only dream when are we gonna get her. If they sell her in JP, why can't they do the same here? Buy a package deal of Magic Stone for $30 (roughly equals to 3000 yen) then you'll get her. Sure not many people will buy her but that's what exclusivity means.

ko300zx likes this.
  13. Cheeseghost

Cheeseghost Lazyyyyy

User ID:
    I mean the fact she makes the board 7x6 makes it even better...I really hope she comes to na..

14. ko300zx

User ID:
    Completely the opposite. It will actually bring her back into relevancy. The two will be a very decent pair, especially as an option for anyone who doesn't want to purchase this new Myr (in 2024 when/if we actually get her.) The 2 sec move time from the leader skill will be a big deal for a lot of people pairing with a 7x6 board. You will see a lot of the old Myr pop back up when this one shows up.

No idea. People will buy it so it's more money in their pocket. MP isn't something that's hard to come by these days. If they just put it in the shop again for us, it's not going to cost anyone anything.

sgt502 likes this.
  15. Cheeseghost

Cheeseghost Lazyyyyy

User ID:
    I think diablos buff might get a higher multiplier and we can expect that sooner than myr..

16. YamaKyu

User ID:
    349-296-255
    I really don't know. New Myr's package seems really good since she naturally covers FUA, and can have a VDP along a fantastic active skill that is only 3 turns longer than vanilla Loli-Myr. I really see little added value in using Loli-Myr to pair with her when pairing New Myr with herself has almost no downsides.
    Like. Pairing Loli-Myr with Xmas floof makes a lot of sense to me, because Xmas floof has some ever so slightly little downsides so pairing with herself is suboptimal. But New Myr X New Myr just looks like Loli-Myr X Loli-Myr but in 7x6, or to put it another way, it's like Xmas Floof X Loli-Myr, but better.

It's ~kinda~ like how Karin Kanzuki is so freakin good paired with herself (kinda). We've had 7x6 cross pairing (namely Allatu and Bride Rushana) for a while, and they were best paired with a 6x5 cross lead because they complement each other : 7x6 cross leads are weaker but bring a 7x6 board, 6x5 cross lead are stronger but inherently harder to use when not in a 7x6 environment.
    Karin Kanzuki invalidated this "principle" by being arguably her best pairing (I initially thought this was bad but turns out it's probably ok). I feel like New Myr does the same thing.

However indeed it's true that from the perspective of anyone who can't afford for New Myr, the effect will certainly without the shadow of a doubt be the polar opposite. I just didn't mean it that way first, but yeah.

17. Cheeseghost

Cheeseghost Lazyyyyy

User ID:
    Paimon is super easy to use 6x5...bring a shield, recovery, and resist...but realistically we will probably have better leads by the time we get her

18. YamaKyu

User ID:
    349-296-255
    Paimon is arguably an exception because he has so much output compared to other cross leads for the same input, he's also inherently very easy to use, which is also why he is so damn good. Also this sweet sweet shield ♥
    Anyway I said "harder", not "hard", I'm the last person in this community you'll ever see call a regular 6x5 cross lead hard :>

But yeah, @NA we can't expect her too soon I guess. Where is even Light Bastet

19. ko300zx

User ID:
    I DO know lol. Only die-hard Myr fans are going to spend 750k MP (possibly more) on a leader mechanic people have already been sick of, and one that offers very little over a pairing with a farmable. People are still going to want to try it during the first week before they are eventually gone from friend's lists, so they will let other people spend the MP, and they will get out their old farmable Myrs, hence the relevancy once again (for a short time).

Paired with farmable Myr you lose very little, if anything at all. You could easily have 70k HP (on a very average team) and a 75% shield, so effectively 280k HP, along with 3x RCV. 70k is strong enough to tank most any normal hits and 3x RCV makes it very easy to stay completely topped off if for some reason you needed to stall without a cross. 7x6 makes it pretty easy to cross almost every turn though. Attack is almost the same so that really isn't a difference maker. And again, not everyone is good with crosses and the move time in the leaderskill is valuable. Natural FUA is irrelevant as it is a part of either pairing.

Either way, maybe if you find 2.25x all stats slightly better than 1.5x HP and 3x RCV, most people won't find it to be 750k MP better. I certainly don't. Not when both have a 75% shield.

And the real kicker is it is an evo of the new Dark Myr who is actually different that the previous Myrs, ANDDDD has a full bind clear and unlock active which is currently limited to only 2 dark options. There's a million board change options for a Myr team. I will be very surprised to find more than 2 or 3 light variations on my list. Your list may be different given your playstyle, but for the average person, I wouldn't expect to see many.

Last edited: May 20, 2019
  20. ambiguous57

ambiguous57 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    That’s actually the minus attack awakening. Meaning, -1,000 attack. Screw that.

Generally speaking, I only need cloud and tape resists in the absolute hardest dungeons. Maybe I’m coming from a privileged position here, but that usually means that my Jhoira equip is a given, providing awoken bind clear and cloud resist. Tape resist can usually be found somewhere else on the team, particularly as a super awakening.

Then again, I’m generally using Fatalis or Saber Alter for the toughest dungeons, so maybe it’s harder to find that stuff on other teams.