DISCUSSION: Upcoming Monsters/Evolutions/Dungeons/Mechanics

Discussion in 'News & Events' started by DENCHI, Jan 17, 2014.

1. ko300zx

ko300zx Well-Known Member

User ID:
    Hehe, Attack on Titan in JP. Already releasing collabs announced in the GH Festival stream...people still holding out for DMC.

2. BonerChamp69

BonerChamp69 I'm huge

Yeah one finger per sub does look a little on the meh side. But then again she adds combos pretty easy. Considering using Cotton in one spot just so I don't have to stall so much for actives.
    Also I have 3 TE+ equips lol

3. James1605

James1605 Active Member

Could be. I could see maybe having templates for the LS descriptions, but with so many variations, it really doesn't seem practical. Maybe the descriptions are actually generated automatically from game data or some kind of translation. {shrug}

IAC, I appreciate the clarification. I was assuming that there was some kind of attack boost. Otherwise, why even include the ATK part of the description? Maybe that supports the idea that the descriptions are being generated automatically somehow.

FWIW, while looking at LS descriptions on PADx, I noticed a number of other monsters with a similar LS, with "ATK x0", so it's not just Zela Kitty... Whatever that means.

4. ko300zx

User ID:
    Yeah, something like that. Auto generated or whatever and anything with a + combo portion also adds an attack multiplier portion, but if that portion is not actually in the leaderskill, the default is 0. Who knows! Either way, however they get to it, the correct entry should be attack x1 lol.

Just nice to see them on top of adding things very quickly again. Perhaps better automation has helped them do that, so I won't give them too much trouble over it. :D

5. James1605

James1605 Active Member

Very good points.

6. Reni

Reni The mama

User ID:
    ᴺᴬ 315,091,284
    PADherder:
    link
    It's always been somewhat automated, actually. No one's sitting here typing 5000+ skills, lol. Nothing much changed on back side of PDX, anyways. :p

(It's actually programmed that way in game - Miru Bot had the same thing for a while too, for the same reason)

xer 21, ko300zx and MisterDrgn like this.
  7. BonerChamp69

BonerChamp69 I'm huge

Mega Dkali and Sakuya info on Reddit.
    Not too exciting.

8. Efreet

Efreet Well-Known Member

User ID:
    302 818 310
    PADherder:
    link
    Dkali is better than i imagined, not crazy good but definitely into really usable tier.

9. BurningMan

BurningMan Dropping the green Bomb

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    As sub i agree but as a lead dkali kinda sucks sure she is tanky and hits hard but the sub pool is restricted and activation is pretty unreliable without 7x6 (and even there you can suffer from enemy orb changes).
    If she had at least some damage from 5 colors like 12x she would be usable but still not top tier

10. BonerChamp69

BonerChamp69 I'm huge

Yeah. Even FUA is relatively unreliable with her let alone VDP. If fua and VDP weren't as prevalent as they were or she at least got a decent multiplier with 5 orb types she might have had a shot. Also triple skill boosts are so boring. Takes up so many spots and leaves no room for activities. I still see myself using Azathoth over her 9/10 times because he will hit almost as hard but bring like 3000 extra HP.
    She deserved better.
    And instead of buffing Sakuyas active to include awoken binds they added a Time boost. Meh.

11. Efreet

Efreet Well-Known Member

User ID:
    302 818 310
    PADherder:
    link
    They try to never make a card both really good as sub and leader.
    For kali i was expecting a lame 300x with every color beside light, they don't want any card to surpass dmeta until they figure out how to clean this mess they made.
    And Sakuya is a simple 5* pantheon, it will never be meta again, time boost is kinda better when the active is on your leader, bind clear and gravity are already both redundant enough.

12. ko300zx

User ID:
    Dmeta has already been surpassed. We just need some new content to push a new level of powercreep. Anything that gets released until then will most likely continue to be a side-grade to any of the ranked leads. Anything SSS tier down to A tier and lower can comfortably clear the content we have.

People are already clearing A5, AA, AA2, etc with both of these. They have their cons compared to the top leads but they are capable enough. I'm in no rush for an AA3 or A6 so I'm quite fine with these two. I'd like to get some use out of the stuff I rolled the last few months before they become a waste of space.

My only gripe is the cost to make these super revos. That's a cost you would expect for next-level powercreep. I personally don't mind spending the resources if it was something I wanted to use, but the majority want to stick to their best team and that's it. The odds of getting enough of either of these two on your friends list with the inherits you need will be slim.

BurningMan likes this.
  13. BonerChamp69

BonerChamp69 I'm huge

The biggest problem with Dkali is all they gave her is damage. As a lead and sub. There is no room for utility.
    ZKitty has a 12x multiplier and is on top of the tier lists because she can handle all sorts of bullshit.

This would have been my idea to fix Dkali.
    2x for God's is fine. Restrictive but they could find a way around it. Plus 2 seconds.
    Match 4 orb types (excluding light) for 7x damage and all 5 for 8x. This way a MA Odin active could still get a VDP going with a respectable 196x multiplier and a Nohime board change is still exactly what you want and is somewhat reliable for fua.
    Change active to get rid of spinners as they are much more prevalent.

Awakenings.
    2x unbindable
    2x SB
    1 SLR
    1 TE+
    3x 7c

SA
    FUA
    L-Lock
    Guard break

Requiring all 6 orb types to do any damage at all just doesn't work well with the way they set up the game. VDP and FUA are needed all over the place and if you only have access to the 1 Shelling Ford inherit on your friend lead you are boned if a dungeon has 2 VDPs. Yeah the team can stall but who wants to?

I was looking forward to Dkali too. Bummer.
    Ah well, they put Banjo in Smash yesterday. I can't have it all.

14. ko300zx

User ID:
    Sooo...make her broken. Those awakenings are god-tier 8 star collab roll awakenings. :D

15. Efreet

Efreet Well-Known Member

User ID:
    302 818 310
    PADherder:
    link
    Your 100% right and also answered your own question.
    Conceptually Kitty is the same as DKali, the only difference is that with a single color you can fit whatever shit the dungeon requires.
    FUA and VDP made matching interesting at the cost of crippling every non-dual color/combo leader.
    So no amount on fixing on a leader can make them work with current content.

16. ko300zx

User ID:
    FUA isn't a problem but for VDP, that's of course the reason they introduced VDP actives. They are just too rare and expensive at this point though. Whales will have no issue running these teams but until the rest of us can slowly pick up those actives, they are far less interesting.

17. Efreet

Efreet Well-Known Member

User ID:
    302 818 310
    PADherder:
    link
    I'd argue that it's not so easy even for whales. Even in the best case scenario if your active is on a sub slot and it's ready in 15 turns all is fine and dandy for normal dungeons but any one where it's required on 2 floors is already problematic.
    There's also the issue that with 100% resist available gungho is designing dungeons where it's mandatory, crippling further rainbow teams who may really need the extra utility of an inherited active.

18. ko300zx

User ID:
    100% resists, two VDP actives, and Fujin before even factoring in a partner lead. Whales live that easy life.

19. Efreet

Efreet Well-Known Member

User ID:
    302 818 310
    PADherder:
    link
    Then i'm in a near whale status!!! i can almost make that team.
    Jokes aside i saw reco today trying dkali with 7x6 board and that team definitely sucked.

ko300zx likes this.
  20. ko300zx

User ID:
    Shame he's sorta given up on PAD. He used to be my favorite to watch play.