DISCUSSION: Upcoming Monsters/Evolutions/Dungeons/Mechanics

Discussion in 'News & Events' started by DENCHI, Jan 17, 2014.

1. Freddyfudrucker

Freddyfudrucker Well-Known Member

User ID:
    Freddyfud
    I thought about adding this to my post but didn’t want to write a novel. It’s true. We could beat Sopdet before Fujin. Wasn’t fun but doable. I recall setting up latents on a Julie team to make one blue and one green match at the top for Sopdet. Yea, not a rainbow team but I didn’t have Ra Dragon back in those days.

It’s the main reason I like running Shirou now.

ko300zx likes this.
  2. Freddyfudrucker

User ID:
    Freddyfud
    Yea I’m reading this now. Too bad. But I’m also saying they could come out with more than just Shelling Ford. And some may have shorter cool downs as with Raizer and Kenshin.

3. Freddyfudrucker

User ID:
    Freddyfud
    True, but why did they do this? I think the real difference is unlike damage absorb GH’s original solution for VDP was to rely on an awakening and are now reluctant to override that solution. How long ago was it when they released the Dragon caller descends? Or maybe VDP was before them idr.

They made us build a stupid box and any viable alternative means we won’t do that anymore and stuck with a useless awakening. Perhaps even on Zela teams.

The significance in releasing an active albeit too long to be practical is perhaps they are coming around now. So as with Fujin we may see more VDP actives over time. Some could have shorter cds (and 10 * bases.)

4. ambiguous57

ambiguous57 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    I agree with you, and all of that just underscores the critical error that Gung-Ho made from the very beginning with VDP. I complained about it way back then: you are forced to carry a team member, sometimes multiples, with a very specific awakening, or just don’t bother showing up at all. Inheriting is out of the question, as-is damage control with combo/rainbow leads. For a while, FUA and damage absorb often had other means of managing the problem with delays, poison, damage control, etc, etc. Damage void, on the other hand, is just becoming more and more of a critical problem to solve, and these new actives don’t get us much closer to solving it.

I really like the idea of Guard Break being buffed to allow for some form of VDP. That at least grants us two reasonable ways of tackling the problem that isn’t a 30 CD active that only works for one turn.

5. ko300zx

ko300zx Well-Known Member

User ID:
    That is just simply untrue. I posted this when Dkali was released. Two Shelling inherits, 100% resists to everything and 3 of the inherits have no resists. The Shelling on Bastet is up by floor 13. There are plenty of places to stall in the Arenas that have damage voids. With skill boosts and normal matching, it's not even that many turns you need to stall. Yes it is long relative to everything else, but so are the dungeons you are running with them.

The active is a perfectly fine solution for anything other than short dungeons like I mentioned earlier. 5 floor challenges that can't be stalled and what not. Fujin often isn't an option in those dungeons either without coop and/or running as a sub. Coop teams can certainly be built to have Shelling up turn 1 in any short challenge.

This one he uses Hexa as a base with skill charge. It's up for floor 13 and he just uses it as a haste there. Then it's back up for 23.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2019
    sgt502 likes this.
  6. BonerChamp69

BonerChamp69 I'm huge

Sephiroth's crystal also has a great active that gives Dkali a perfect rainbow VDP board as long as you have 3 darks below the top row. That's what my plan is going to be. I don't have shelling Ford yet and Hao doesn't make hearts. I have the dark 7* pantheon triple VDP dude. Can't ever remember his name but he seems like a solid option. Also DMeta can get 2 VDP and 2 7c if you don't mind only using whatever she inherits.

ko300zx likes this.
  7. ko300zx

User ID:
    Some Super Revo Ra in action. Still have never rolled a Ra and we are at his Super Revo stage lol.

8. Cheeseghost

Cheeseghost Lazyyyyy

User ID:
    If you really wanted you could pop a Raphael and then vdp on some things. Lol..

9. BonerChamp69

BonerChamp69 I'm huge

Ha yeah I don't have Minerva. I have Amatsu, Ilmina, 5 Zelas etc. No Minerva lol

ko300zx likes this.
  10. yamo

yamo Well-Known Member

It's funny that when I do challenge dungeon and I forget that spodet is in one of the floor (when I usually run dideal), I always die since most of my teams don't have damage control. If you go in with a B&J team, it's auto-lose

Freddyfudrucker likes this.
  11. Efreet

Efreet Well-Known Member

User ID:
    302 818 310
    PADherder:
    link
    Yeah but it's insanely hard to fit full resist and all those actives on a rainbow team.
    Most setups are overreliant of that Kanan.
    For example there are only 8 unbindable light fua options.
    I'm trying to came up with a Yuna team and it's a nightmare, it's absurd that you can make a full resist zela kitty team out of farmables but for a weaker rainbow team you need to whale in 10 different collabs to get all the pieces.

Cheeseghost likes this.
  12. Cheeseghost

Cheeseghost Lazyyyyy

User ID:
    I know yuna is rainbow but moogle is my number 1 utility sub...hes currently unbindable so I throw any unbindable equip on him like jeanne... i know that's a rare equip but once he gets his unbindable sa he will be very viable in solo..I really think a team only needs one or two damage dealers but moogle is a staple on most of my light teams and with the sa you'll be able to equip anything on him

sgt502 likes this.
  13. sgt502

sgt502 ばかぷれーやー

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Moogle so good.
    He said that when using Shelling Ford or Hao, the Future King directly as sub for long dungeon such as AA2, their double Skill Charge was too powerful that the assist often came up before he got to the floor when he wants to use their skills, especially for F13's Rushana. That's why he was only using base Hao as sub with only one Skill Charge, and Shelling Ford as an assist for Ra since Ra's CD is quite low and Ra's skill isn't that useful except for the move time buff in anticipation of the Norns halved move time.

Anyone using Reeche too would feel the same way that her skill came up very soon with double Skill Charge.

ko300zx likes this.
  14. Efreet

Efreet Well-Known Member

User ID:
    302 818 310
    PADherder:
    link
    Oh yeah, but i don't have any meaningful fua option this way, i need the last 3 subs to cover the missing colors because i'm forced to use Light Cotton for fua.

Definitely an issue i experienced this OSC, i had to use the active midway and had to stall a few turns at the end.
    yunas.png
    I saw this team on YT that looked promising, my biggest issue is i lack the full coverage, also having zinogre and not using him as sub feels like a waste.
    It's also pretty annoying losing VDP SA on Yuna because she needs the unbundability.
    Anyway i can't wait for the collab return to play some rainbow.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2019
  15. ko300zx

User ID:
    There's 53 light unbindable FUA options including Cotton who was free and gives you 3 (4 if you count L/L) different color options. There's plenty of flexibility there.

Libertas, Hexazeon, Gilles Legato are 3 farmable options that bring one of every resist and meet the unbindable requirement. Hexa in particular boosts team HP quite a bit if you don't have Kanan. He also has a great active for the team. There's options like Cruz from the current REM that offer similar healing as well. There isn't really a replacement for Kanan but there's options.

Hexa, a Trojan Horse inherit, a Rathian Inherit, and a friend lead with a Shirou inherit gives 100% poison resist, and 80% to blind and jammers. That's a farmable sub, a farmable inherit, and 1 collab inherit (that everyone should have )on your part and almost everything is completely covered. That leaves 3 inherit slots for whatever you want.

Can also do something like Valkyrie Hunter, two horses, and a Shirou friend for the same result. All farmable on your part.

Hell, Valkyrie Hunter, Odin Dragon, Red Cotton, and Dark Ra Dragon is an entirely farmable team.

When playing Reeche/Diablos, I used to have to use Reeche as early as possible, before Sopdet in AA, then stall sometimes, otherwise the inherit would come up way too early and I would be screwed on Sopdet.

16. Freddyfudrucker

User ID:
    Freddyfud
    Disappointed no mention of the original farmable Swiss Army knife, Serket. Decent stats, God typing and short cd to SI over.

Cheeseghost likes this.
  17. Efreet

Efreet Well-Known Member

User ID:
    302 818 310
    PADherder:
    link
    Lol why should i care for light sub attribute ?
    There are 8 main light with the fua awakening on the card, 26 accounting with either unbindable or fua SA but most are 7-8* and still Light Cotton makes the most sense since you end up with 4 colors allowing full activation (and makes light so it's a damage boost).
    There are plenty of option on paper but not a lot if you want to fit everything, not to mention that a lot of those cards have garbage actives, it's easy to dump stuff to fit the quota but i'm trying to use the best card i have, having an Ideal and Hao in the box and not using them is pretty stupid.

18. ko300zx

User ID:
    Why would you limit yourself to main light attribute? There is absolutely zero reason to do so...

19. Efreet

Efreet Well-Known Member

User ID:
    302 818 310
    PADherder:
    link
    So i can damage boost with orb changers.
    Disregarding color restriction you can just dump Eir or Hestia and call it a day but i always felt it's an inelegant way to teambuild.

20. sgt502

sgt502 ばかぷれーやー

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    If you need Heal OE for Yuna, Pixie Yui is an option although she's not bind-proof. Trance Terra has Light sub attribute and will get 3 Heal OE and bind-proof SA. Yuna also has FUA SA. You can use bind-proof badge if you need bind-proof on Yuna.