DISCUSSION: Upcoming Monsters/Evolutions/Dungeons/Mechanics

Discussion in 'News & Events' started by DENCHI, Jan 17, 2014.

1. Noc

Noc Active Member

User ID:
    Noc
    PADherder:
    link
    Definitely! Between the ridiculous damage from combining water and fire VDPs typically available from B&J's active (which also happens to strips defense), an unusually short cd on an active that packs a lot of utility, future use as a high damage water VDP, SA flexibility, and room for awakening growth in future iterations of DBDC...Highren is crazy awesome.

My basic B&J team now includes Highren, Lutina, and, unexpectedly, Rin Tohsaka. I brought Rin along once, instead of Amatsu, for an extra active flex slot (via assists) and liked it so much that she stuck around. I was actually struggling with MNoah in C10 because of the combination of FUA, VDP, and a stupid spinner that somehow always ended up in the middle of my screen. So i ended up tossing an enhance on one of them and Kiri's active (which changed MNoah to fire) on the other. Of course, I still screwed up the VDP thanks to the spinner in the middle of my board, but in the next round Highren removed the awoken bind, healed me to 500k hp (what an odd dungeon mechanic..), and then bought me enough time with a shield to just slug it out with MNoah.

The lack of strong subs that generate both fire and water is slightly annoying, but between modern leads (including B&J) that minimally depend on actives and an increasing number of cards with assist friendly CDs...B&J effectively end up offering a massive sub pool. And so far Gungho has been happy to continue to expand said sub-pool with two new 7 stars in Monster Hunter (one of which is yet another fire/water VDP card that makes fire and water orbs). Good times :)

MisterDrgn likes this.
  2. MisterDrgn

MisterDrgn You can't take the sky from me. Staff Member

User ID:
    I really like Rin for inheriting whatever you need on an all-round solid monster, but I haven't tried her on B&J.

Scheat is my go-to monster for making both red and blue. I like that you can combo her with B&J for easy VDP + FUA, and the TPA is occasionally nice.

I guess Zela Kitty remains the superior option for VDP + FUA, which is why I didn't want to go overboard investing in water teams.

3. Orange Crush

Orange Crush PAD's Nostradamus

User ID:
    Shinrabansho is coming back, anyone? Anyone?

Also I’ve seen match a certain number of X, Y, Z “each”, like Rehven’s LS on monsters lately. Is that saying you have to match a Fire, Water AND Dark TPA or match a Fire, Water OR Dark TPA to trigger the LS?

Last edited: Sep 6, 2019
  4. BurningMan

BurningMan Dropping the green Bomb

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    You have to do all.
    However i think you actually don't even need the attributes on your team. Reiwa for example works even if you don't cover all her colors as long as you match all the TPA

5. MisterDrgn

MisterDrgn You can't take the sky from me. Staff Member

User ID:
    I rolled a fair amount last time and haven’t regretted it. Kanan is a great sub, especially with a Dorothy assist. Too bad she isn’t getting buffed.

ambiguous57 likes this.
  6. ambiguous57

ambiguous57 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    Yeah I got Kanan back when she was first released, then never used her aside for the no-skyfall for random dungeons that had color absorb.

After her buff last time around, and now that there are several decent Light leads out there, I use her all the time.

7. sgt502

sgt502 ばかぷれーやー

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    If the Leader Skill says "match" and "each" you have to match all, but those attributes aren't necessary to have on your team. But when the Leader Skill says "attacking" then you need to have those attributes on your team.

Bolts and Noc like this.
  8. Orange Crush

Orange Crush PAD's Nostradamus

User ID:
    @BurningMan @sgt502

Thanks for the clarification guys. Usually Ilmina makes things obvious, but not this time

9. sgt502

sgt502 ばかぷれーやー

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Yeah Ilmina only states "matching" even if the actual in-game says "attacking". Someone could mistaken that for "just match" without the need to have those attributes on the team then goes "huh?" when they don't get what they expect. PDX is clearer on this subject.

BurningMan likes this.
  10. Noc

Noc Active Member

User ID:
    Noc
    PADherder:
    link
    So we just got the Dracoblade buffs, which means the 7 stone SGF featuring the new dracoblades (including Akine and Ina) should be just around the corner: https://pad.protic.site/7-magic-stones-per-roll-murakore-super-godfest-announced/

It's kind of an odd line-up. Instead of trade fodder, we get gemstone princess equips and Sam3. The princesses are fantastic, especially if one lacks Carat, but the Samurai 3, with Tokugawa being the notable exception, are a bit of a mixed bag considering their rarity. So this feels a little collab-y in terms of the somewhat top heavy line-up.

I'll definitely roll a couple of times, but I haven't decided if I'll roll more than that. How do all of you feel about this one? Planning on rolling?

YamaKyu likes this.
  11. Efreet

Efreet Well-Known Member

User ID:
    302 818 310
    PADherder:
    link
    I saved stone for months for a 7 stone godfest so i plan on rolling a bunch.
    We're kinda in a weird position where gugho can't really use the 7th anniversary lineup for NA anniversary so we might get a better godfest BUT the rates are extremely close and both fest have samurai3.
    At the end of the day one has full witches lineup+ shelling ford and the other the new units.

12. YamaKyu

YamaKyu Karin Kanzuki was a mistake. And I love it ♥

User ID:
    349-296-255
    [​IMG]

Magazine All-Star Collab is coming back @JP, and among new cards there's Gray, a new rainbow cross lead which looks really super exciting ! Even more so because it's water, and I kept saying again and again that water is in need for more good/great cross leads.

BUT.

It's JP only

Kill me :')

xer 21 likes this.
  13. RajaNagaSoz

RajaNagaSoz Maximum Casual

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Hey guys, i'm back, back again,
    i finally bought, a new stylus pen

And i'm seeing so many people on my FL with all these new things, hell, i'm sure some are whales, because on day-one they pull the prize out of the box and have all of their shared units hooked up with prize collab equip assists...

Anyone have any thoughts on alternate leads to pair with the prize-pulls that have come out recently, or will be coming out soon?

Annoyingly, my friend on the last day it was available, got a wild hair up his ass to trade for B.Veroah after i'd been mulling over whether or not i cared enough for mechanics despite not liking that the prize beach pull was her (And having totally missed the apparently broken zela kitty, despite not really wanting a hello kitty char, but having two zela would've really changed my mind there), whom i might've traded for as well to have a meta lead to duo with him had he said anything. :skull::skull:

Anyway, a few people on my FL have Akine, B.Veroah, Highren, Ina or any of the other meta pulls of recent past, and obviously, since i barely paid attention to the game in my absence for the last 8-ish months, and a bunch of those hold-over stones blown for garbage hoping for any of them... I'd like to be able to make use of these leads to at least play around with in case any of them ever do drop for me, but my roster is like a giant tub of legos and i'm having a rough time deciding what goes with what and where. Obviously, i get the load-up of awakenings and workarounds like keeping a FUA and a VDP and the like, enough SLR, etc etc, I just want some generalized "hey this worked for me" type of throw outs.

I've been making do pairing B.Veroah with Mega Ryuune since their LS kind of line up, but the others end up with me just flipping through my box and giving up and just going to pick someone else to take, or just being really disappointed with the results.

A few of these people are also BFFs and while the 100 pal points is basically nothing, i still kind of hate leaving it sitting there just because i can't find a way to make use of the fancy new thing someone has up.

14. BurningMan

BurningMan Dropping the green Bomb

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    If you have BJ from last year they got a nice buff making them viable again.
    If you have tifa from FF she also got an enormous buff making her top tier but you can also pair with the new yusuke evo or dkarin from gh collab.