DISCUSSION: Upcoming Monsters/Evolutions/Dungeons/Mechanics

Discussion in 'News & Events' started by DENCHI, Jan 17, 2014.

1. BurningMan

BurningMan Dropping the green Bomb

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Its not even out in jp i think they just showcased it yesterday along with some evos and new features

2. MisterDrgn

MisterDrgn You can't take the sky from me. Staff Member

User ID:
    I thought the most interesting news was Diaochan's revo. She gets 100% blind resist, and a bind resist SA. Along with her 2-CD active, this allows her to be a super useful utility sub, potentially. Although she's L/L, so only some teams would want her.

https://pad.protic.site/new-evolution-for-leilan-orochi-3k2/

kandjar, RajaNagaSoz and ambiguous57 like this.
  3. RajaNagaSoz

RajaNagaSoz Maximum Casual

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    lol, Orochi having FUA and a choice of cloud or tape resist. maybe i can finally find a use for my 4 remaining orochis. (protip: probably not.)

I almost thought Xiahou Dun's revo turned him into a dragon-centaur thing until i took a better look.

4. BonerChamp69

BonerChamp69 I'm huge

There might be a couple dungeons where his resolve comes in handy for cheese.
    Im not a big fan of fua on leads especially water ones because Amatsu should be on the team anyways so it is a wasted slot. I know everyone doesn't have Amatau, but water has plenty of FUA options. BCotton or Mel work well on lots of blue teams anyways.

5. Orange Crush

Orange Crush PAD's Nostradamus

User ID:
    What are the chase cards for the GungHo collab? Just Karin Shindou (Dark) and Omega is a direct upgrade for Kenshin on my Shirou team?

6. iddybat

iddybat Active Member

I'm chasing Cian, myself. Just because I think it looks fun.

kandjar likes this.
  7. Argly902

Argly902 DALTON

PADherder:
    link
    Omega is a chase card for both lead and sub potential. Gamalya could be a chase card for BVeroah users. Can't complain about a 7c+10c+VDP sub. Luluna could be a chase card, one of the best green VDP subs, and pretty good lead. Knight is a chase card for being light version of Hiei. Bradamante is a chase card for being a discount Tifa as a lead, and a strong sub with 7c+10c+VDP. Noir is a chase card for the dudes without Hiei, she's got Zela-esque awakenings. Karin and Zeta are chase cards for being strong leaders. Raizer could be a chase card for either lead or 2 turn fujin active.

And I think that basically sums it up

MisterDrgn likes this.
  8. RajaNagaSoz

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I just want the catgirl, and it won't hand 'em over. Got Cian and Kisaragi, and all i want is more cat ears.

I've got plenty of FUA on water cards too, i really can't imagine a time i'll want to use this orochi... kindof wish orochi was at least usable for me, the game did throw far too many of them at me two years ago... and unfortunately, i don't have amatsu... isn't that the MH one? ...yeah i missed too many MH collab returns.

9. Bolts

Bolts Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Raoh buffs... cant wait for him to get over to NA!

10. Orange Crush

Orange Crush PAD's Nostradamus

User ID:
    Greaaaaaat now Monster Hunter. And I’m stone poor right now.

I wonder if Akantor has a nice buddy to pair with, that 25x multiplier is pretty nice.

RajaNagaSoz likes this.
  11. BurningMan

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Honestly i feel like mh is past its prime the assists are still good but there are plenty of alternatives and none of the new monsters really stand out especially in na because we don't have a good pair for velkhana

ambiguous57 and Bolts like this.
  12. ambiguous57

ambiguous57 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    Yeah I agree, sadly. There’s still some good stuff in it like Amatsu and Fatalis, but nothing really worth chasing.

Having said that, I come from the privileged position of having most everything in the collab aside from 3-4 of the top rarity ones, and Amatsu and Fatalis are two of the ones I do have, along with all the more common inherits.

13. sgt502

sgt502 ばかぷれーやー

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    What good pair? Coco? Just because we don't have auto FUA water doesn't make Velkhana bad for us. He's great by himself.

14. BurningMan

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    The blue baseball dude that makes a 7x6 board.
    Paired by himself he is just terrible without an rcv multiplier that shield isn't going to be active at all and good luck getting a ten combo with vdp on 5x6.

15. sgt502

sgt502 ばかぷれーやー

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    1. Leader swap exist.
    2. Mel, Mizutsune or other Water RCV stick exist and with 4x HP his team can tank most hit without a shield, just like any other 4x HP leaders without built-in shield
    3. You don't need 400x ATK VDP every turn. It's overkill for all dungeons anyway. 7 combo with VDP still gets respectable 196x ATK and 8x combo VDP is overkill

16. BurningMan

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Nobody uses leader swap because its bothersome and takes up an assist slot you would rather fill with something else.

Even with mizutsune or mel healing 100k hp isn't going to happen very reliably.

Yes you can kill stuff with just 7c vdp but even 7c vdp isn't exactly easy on 5x6 and it gets even harder if you need to fua.

Maybe terrible was a bit harsh he is decent but more in the line of dmeta than top tier.
    Most stuff can clear all content now including him he is just one of the leads that will need more effort to do so.

Trap likes this.
  17. sgt502

sgt502 ばかぷれーやー

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    See the video I attached.
    The problem for almost all leaders, not specifically for Velkhana? How do you solve, say, that problem with Shirou?

18. BurningMan

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    The video attached shows exactly the problem with him that you need to hope for for skyfalls to deal damage and that activation of the shield is dependent on the board and needs a heart fua that can potentially decrease your combo count.

Shirou kinda solves this problem with his active skill, thats also why he isn't considered good anymore because you need to use two skills to guarantee the killshot. The current top leads all allow yoi to circumvent this problem by adding combos, having auto fua,being 7X6 or simply not being dependent to 7c for damage at all.

That is also what makes a lead good right now covering annoying mechanics with their leaderskill while Velkhana just provides extreme tankiness and damage.

That makes it useful to pair on 7x6 but paired with itself it just doesn't stand ou as a lead

Last edited: Oct 6, 2019
    RajaNagaSoz likes this.
  19. RajaNagaSoz

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link

Same here, i was chasing Luluna a bit, because catgirls, and now MH comes out, which i was kindof waiting on since i missed several iterations of it, and I like MH.

On a tangent, Velkhana is such a chore to actually fight, and why isn't there a Namielle in here, so much more fun and cooler to fight to boot, i would chase a Namielle from the collab. :/

20. Efreet

Efreet Well-Known Member

User ID:
    302 818 310
    PADherder:
    link
    FAK, MH returns but no quest reset, they didn't even reset the trade tab.
    I hope it's not intended because otherwise there's very little to do.