DISCUSSION: Upcoming Monsters/Evolutions/Dungeons/Mechanics

Discussion in 'News & Events' started by DENCHI, Jan 17, 2014.

1. ronmoho

ronmoho Well-Known Member

Blue Ranger is pretty dope tbh. And Zordon come out as an unbindable equip?! At this point I'm just looking for fun. And these two give me just that.

MisterDrgn likes this.
  2. MisterDrgn

MisterDrgn You can't take the sky from me. Staff Member

User ID:
    Glad you like the low rarity rolls, the hit rate for 7 stars is 12.25%.

samuelburtt and Efreet like this.
  3. Efreet

Efreet Well-Known Member

User ID:
    302 818 310
    PADherder:
    link
    XD

Guys don't get us wrong, we're really glad to get a missing collab, nice artwork and good cards but seriously..
    The current whale collab on JP has baseline 18% for top rarity and cost only 7 stones, lowest rarity has even more niche uses but bundles are available.
    Probably the most fitting comparison is shaman king, similar 12.5% rating for top rarity at a measly cost of 6 stones.
    IF we're being generous 3 out of the lowest rarity are decent cards for a single copy, i can't believe people are defending the 10 stones per roll because "base stats are being buffed", nobody will use base black, pink or blue ranger because they have 200 extra stats.

4. Reni

Reni The mama

User ID:
    ᴺᴬ 315,091,284
    PADherder:
    link
    The smaller pool really did help getting the equips I wanted too. Not to mention some of the cards are powerful (lol Powerful Rangers). Yellow Ranger being the strongest Physical killer in game is making me wanna roll more, and I don't mind getting more of the <50 equip or cloud resist equips in the process (and Ranger Slayer, if I'm lucky).

Fujimi on the other hand was a much more painful collab to roll in, even with the supposedly higher rates of "good stuff". It certainly was a cheaper collab to roll in, but the value of dupes is much lower as I (attempt to) chase after Lina Inverse.

Just my 2 cents anyhow, not even a PR fan here. In fact I hate PR lol.

samuelburtt and Bolts like this.
  5. RajaNagaSoz

RajaNagaSoz Maximum Casual

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    And the free pull i got was Ninjor, who is the only thing in here i've never heard of (i basically only watched the original show), and his equip is the <50 which is a playstyle i don't tend to like, and have no leads for, yay!

seriously, who the hell is Ninjor?

6. BonerChamp69

BonerChamp69 I'm huge

Also Range Slayer UVO loses healer typing for Physical but only has like 3000 HP at lvl 100 but still has 800 RCV. Guess they really didn't want her to have dragon killers.
    Also a fun pairing for Sephiroth. Still can't face tank Goeomon preemptive with the 3 shields but 3x RCV and low base hp makes poison nothing.

7. Efreet

Efreet Well-Known Member

User ID:
    302 818 310
    PADherder:
    link
    I had to look it up despite having watched a little more than the first serie.
    Basically in the third season the rangers lose their power and this guy give them new ones.
    Personally i rolled low rarity zord and yellow on main and low zord and pink on alt so no reason to waste stones on this crap hoping to get lucky.

8. MisterDrgn

User ID:
    As a long-time but not really hardcore player, I'm not that excited about the 6-star niche equips that might be super useful once or twice in the next year or two. (EDIT: I think Pink Ranger's cloud equip is really good, but she(?)'s the one 6-star I didn't get. At least I have the cloud equip from Street Fighter.)

...that said, I'm actually having a lot of fun with Blue Ranger. Initially I was thinking of making a blue row team (with Zordon equip in there somewhere), but of course the best pairing is with Beach Veroah, so it turned into a blue blob team/Highren VDP delivery system. I was highly tempted to trade for BVeroah back when she was available, but it would have difficult to trade for both her and Highren. This way, Blue Ranger gives me 2x RCV, so I guess that's nice.

Also, I'm kinda considering trading for Red Ranger just for the equip. The double TE and somewhat useful active (mostly the double TE) are a nice step up from Rathian, and poison resist's never gonna go out of style...

9. Sunsphere

Sunsphere Active Member

I love the pink ranger equip, especially on my light teams, works with Karin/tifa/hmadoo, great active to boot. As for poison resistance, with the new super resists, it may not be worth upgrading from rathian...

10. MisterDrgn

User ID:
    Basically it's a question of how much you value an extra second of move time. Not everyone will have the same answer, but if the answer is "a lot" then it's worth considering. Plus Rathian's active is generally useless and also on a shorter CD. But it's mostly the first part.

11. Sunsphere

Sunsphere Active Member

What I'm saying is that super resists will obviate the need for rathian style equips so why bother upgrading? You can add additional seconds many other ways, with far more useful actives.

12. MisterDrgn

User ID:
    This is an interesting thought. Do you think there will be an equippable super poison resist in the next year? Ideally, a non-terrible one (e.g., not with a bad, short-CD active) that's obtainable by non-whales? I'm skeptical, though it's certainly possible. I know there was an MH equip with 80% poison resist, though without a broadly useful active.

Alternative, GH might release usable monsters in various colors with super poison resist. So far in NA, we've got Akine, plus a couple upcoming 3K2 revos--though those get it as a super awoken skill, and you have to choose it instead of bind immunity. Not a great start, but yes, it's possible that we'll all have easy poison immunity in six months.

13. Sunsphere

Sunsphere Active Member

I don't know (and highly doubt) there will be an equippable super resist but I definitely think there will be one either on a chase card sub or a mid-level card kind of like revo sun quan has the super blind. Either way, it'll free up lots of utility space, and you might be better if using your trade fodder elsewhere

BurningMan likes this.
  14. chiubag

chiubag Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Yeah, what with Diao having super blind being a good option for Tifa teams, I'm assuming super poison on a good sub option for a meta team won't be too far behind.

Bolts and BurningMan like this.
  15. Sunsphere

Sunsphere Active Member

And tomorrow comes the super poison resist card...

16. iddybat

iddybat Active Member

17. Sunsphere

Sunsphere Active Member

Yeah that's a bonkers active

18. RajaNagaSoz

RajaNagaSoz Maximum Casual

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Tamtam and no Chamcham makes me a sad Manman.

MisterDrgn likes this.
  19. MisterDrgn

User ID:
    Meh, not getting that one, have to decide if I wanna trade for Haohmaru.