DISCUSSION: Upcoming Monsters/Evolutions/Dungeons/Mechanics

Discussion in 'News & Events' started by DENCHI, Jan 17, 2014.

1. YamaKyu

YamaKyu Karin Kanzuki was a mistake. And I love it ♥

User ID:
    349-296-255
  2. ambiguous57

ambiguous57 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    In all the excitement of our own stream, did anybody notice the Shelling Ford equip announced in Japan?

11 turn CD, 3 turn damage void override. Good awakenings too, if I remember correctly.

And here I was excited that his base form just got upgrade to a 2-turn duration. Sucks that here’s yet another active required to overcome crap mechanics, but it’s nice to see the most legitimate option yet for rainbow teams.

EDIT: Whoops, that’s 32 turns, not 11. So *that’s* why nobody is excited lol. It was 11 turns for one of the other equips.

3. Argly902

Argly902 DALTON

PADherder:
    link
    Mega kanna when. Actually, mega anything when? Pls.

Anyways. The art for celtic evos are really nice. They're actually looking like neat leads/subs, although no LB/SA and not creating hearts with their boards kinda sucks. They're actually pretty decent as auto FUA leads go, since only the auto FUA clause is orb hungry

I was honestly hoping they'd make revo anubis do more damage than Amen at like 15c or something. And he's still bound at the hip to Tardis seems like (or aerith/omega/lutina now I suppose).

Ney evos became the new high quality cheese leads with the baked in TE. No need for Nyx now. The different buffs based on color are super wonky imo. Cotton buffs were standard across the board, although I would've preferred a SB+ over TE+ personally. But any buff is fine

Chuan became an equip for no real reason at all. Cool I guess

As for the NA stream...

Gremory is a sneaky good cleric now. Full bind/awoken clear, creates a heart column for you and generally a pretty serviceable option.

I like playing Akine, so the scaling qol change was nice. Although tbh mega dkali deserved that kind of buff like 10x more.

Collab coming here. Along with minaka and orchestra. God my stones pls no.

4. RajaNagaSoz

RajaNagaSoz Maximum Casual

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I regret every dollar i've ever spent on this game, because those dollars could have been saved for Slayers units.

[​IMG]

*this is hyperbole

Last edited: Nov 28, 2019
    YamaKyu likes this.
  5. kaylathehedgehog

kaylathehedgehog Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I think I remember seeing someone on Reddit theorize that the reason her dark form got different buffs was because she makes jammers, as opposed to her other colors.

6. chiubag

chiubag Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I mean, it only makes sense. Still, I doubt anyone would use her lol

7. kaylathehedgehog

kaylathehedgehog Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    While I doubt GH will ever do it, if jammers ever become a thing, she might see a decent amount of play. Though, I don't see that ever happening.

RajaNagaSoz likes this.
  8. RajaNagaSoz

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Fenrir tried to do it, and it failed.

Constellation 2 tried to do it, and it failed.

Constellation 2 revos brought it back from the dead again, and it's okay i guess, but it's going to fail. The jammer awakening is a good idea for it, but still, it needs to have more things attached to it, like how they've been adding combos for X+ linked orbs/etc.

It would be cool if they had a (good) jammer leader that gave 2 combos per jammer combo, or auto-fua with a jammer combo, or hilariously, VDP via jammers and not needing a 3x3 for it.

Combine all of that, and give the lead 2-3 of the jammer skyfall/atk boost awakenings, make them unbindable, and it might start being pretty lucrative.

something like 2x hp for whatever type/color, then 2x atk per jammer combo up to 4x with two, 3x atk with 6+ linked jammer orbs, Adds +1 combo every two jammer combos. Give them unbindable awakenings, 3 jammer skyfall/atk boosts, a jammer-fua awakening, a jammer-VDP awakening, a SLR and a Skill+.

Suddenly, your jammershake brings all the players to the yard. make it a seasonal unit, and put the REM for it right after two other highly anticipated collab REMs and roll around in your scrooge mcduck money pit while facebook comments become a raging garbage fire.

..unless this seems low-end, i dunno, power creep kindof went insane during my last haitus, and i'm still unsure when things are actually doing good damage or not, because things seem to either die immediately, or take basically no damage at all.

chiubag and kaylathehedgehog like this.
  9. ambiguous57

ambiguous57 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    The problem is a simple one, and incredibly easy to fix.

The problem is that every single jammer leader cannot be activated with just one single jammer-producing active unless it’s a high CD board changer. They all require multiple actives just to activate. Viz is probably the most reasonable, but you have to heavily depend upon skyfalls.

That is just beyond insane. We have insanely durable, high damage leaders that can just blaze through high level content using minimal actives. But then we have these leaders that require a fundamentally useless, non-naturally occurring orbs that not only require more than one active, but also don’t even have leader skills that stack up to the competition? It makes zero sense, and makes me wish they just wouldn’t even bother. I understand everything can’t be top tier, but it’s almost like they’re purposely holding back.

chiubag and kaylathehedgehog like this.
  10. BurningMan

BurningMan Dropping the green Bomb

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    The big problem isn't just leaders but also subs. Even if there was a top tier lead there aren't too many subs that work well with jammers, most orb changers convert them and the amount of board changers for each color is in the single digits often on cards with poor awakenings and stats, the amount of assists is equally poor.

So even if they created some jammer leader with a Fagan style broken leader skill you would still have to work with a very restricted sub pool.

RajaNagaSoz and kaylathehedgehog like this.
  11. RajaNagaSoz

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    True, that. Hell, i only started fiddling around in daily shit with awoken acubens because i got that blue... whatever it is cool looking water lizard dragon jammer oriented thing from whatever rem he came out of, that i was very disappointed to pull him from because he looked so cool but used stupid jammers...

Actually had some fun, but i know the team can't go anywhere worthwhile just because everything that is good for the team, takes jammers away, or doesn't contribute well enough really.

Getting jammer-styled meta awakenings on subs (fua/vdp/etc) would pull it out of the garbage pile. I'd love to see a lead that does things with poison but doesn't suck too, but that would require even more oversteering against the downside. (Hell, make one with a short cd (like 2-3) poison generation skill, and have part of the LS switch poison and hearts (heal form poison, lose hp from hearts)

I always enjoy making weirdass ideas work in other games, but here, there's just not enough support for doing really oddball stuff.

12. Cheeseghost

Cheeseghost Lazyyyyy

User ID:
  13. RajaNagaSoz

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Hey i rented that game. ...once. I had very little idea what i was doing in it, lol. I don't remember the tutorials, and i'm pretty sure it lacked the manual.

Cheeseghost and YamaKyu like this.
  14. MisterDrgn

MisterDrgn You can't take the sky from me. Staff Member

User ID:
    Too bad you can't trade for Orphen. The collab seems to have decently useful stuff, even the common rolls, so I'ma go for it.

kaylathehedgehog and Cheeseghost like this.
  15. YamaKyu

YamaKyu Karin Kanzuki was a mistake. And I love it ♥

User ID:
    349-296-255
    You bet I did ! I'm a bit disappointed that *he* is the first rainbow cross lead we're getting (JP has 3 rn I believe, and he's the worst of the bunch), but we're still finally getting a frickin rainbow cross lead and my excitement about that can't be diminished by something as minor as him not being the best rainbow cross lead. So yup I'm gonna target him hard anyways and play tons of this :> Cannot wait !

Cheeseghost likes this.