DISCUSSION: Upcoming Monsters/Evolutions/Dungeons/Mechanics

Discussion in 'News & Events' started by DENCHI, Jan 17, 2014.

1. Efreet

Efreet Well-Known Member

User ID:
    302 818 310
    PADherder:
    link
    RIP 2000 days of gatcha, the game is getting super stale content wise which is a big shame since we've actually got a nice variety of leaders and playstyles in the last few weeks.

2. BurningMan

BurningMan Dropping the green Bomb

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Honestly I don't feel we get less content than before we get more new dungeons and collabs than ever before.
    The problem is none of the new content is engaging in any way especially for endgame players there is nothing to do really because there is nothing to work for.
    We get handed out materials like plus points, snow globes, py, Evo gems, rainbow medals and killers like candy so the whole meta game to boost your own cards and hypermax them doesn't exist anymore most cards even come out of the REM completely finished. So the whole system behind that became kind of moot. They could remove plus points, tamadras or evolution materials completely from the game and just hand out the cards finished and it wouldn't be much more than a minor qol thing at this point.
    While making these materials more accessible outside of some horribly designed grind was a good idea they haven't introduced anything to replace that grind as a way to engage in the game. The token farming is equally horrible and the rewards are often useless anyway.
    The arena style dungeons are great the problem is that nothing except a5 has any real reward to them gaslowe is either a meme lead or a farmable equivalent to an equip that likely every player that can actually clear the dungeon already has.
    The new coloseum offers those new extra latent tamas but they seem to have a very limited impact equally to the previously scrapped tamadras that did the exact same thing...

Murdurus, Bolts and chiubag like this.
  3. BonerChamp69

BonerChamp69 I'm huge

So apparently they do surveys now to see what gets buffed instead of YamaP rolling. They did one for New year's and are doing one for YGO. Top 3 cards get buffed.
    NY results are Reeche, Yomi and Artemis.
    Reeches active now lasts for 3 turns and has a 19x multiplier. None of that seems too crazy. Except they also added Balanced typing to her LS. This means she can now use Hao and Akine for VDP void or use Saber or plenty others for real VDPing. This is really tempting now. You also don't NEED 7 combos for damage. It's only for the shield. Also if MTG comes back and Jhoira gets a decent buff that will be a fantastic pairing. 2x HP with 2 shields has enough bulk and both the leads have important actives. Even now the pairing would be fine with no buff.
    Yomi gets 5 turn awakening clear and more hp almost 9000 now at 110. 5 turns to me seems like enough to be actually useful and she can inherit Annas book or Aerith crystal for a better clear.
    Artemis go more damage to her LS and unmatchable clear on her active.

YGO should be announced soon.
    I think this is a good way to do it. The downside is people could vote for the already strong cards to make them even stronger instead of the cards that actually need it. NY Kanna and NY Kamimusubi could have used a buff much more than Yomi but Yomi is actually useful and is now even better so catch 22.

Really wish they did this a little earlier so RKali could have gotten some love. Either way I'm happy they are doing it now and hope it becomes a staple of collabs. Much better than random rolling.
    I think it would be cool if they also buffed a 4th card and it was whatever 8-9 star got exchanged for the least.

4. Efreet

Efreet Well-Known Member

User ID:
    302 818 310
    PADherder:
    link
    Yeah, the best dungeon they added was the new endless, would be really fun and worthwhile team testing if it wasn't so absurdly overtuned.
    Most standard team don't stand a chance, i barely hit floor 3.
    Now if only they'll stop throwing away the money they make with pad trying to copy hearthstone or Splatoon and they'll actually start putting it back into pad development would be great.
    All those good old promise about custom dungeons and true arenas with branching paths would do wonders to freshen up the game.
    I'm also a firm believer that in the current days you need to get rid of stamina, especially in a game like pad where 95% of content offers basically no reward already.
    I'm now looking forward the release of the switch game for a fresher experience.

RajaNagaSoz and BurningMan like this.
  5. chiubag

chiubag Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I disagree with this. I think random rolling is way more fun and unpredictable (sorta like how SQ got buffed into somewhat relevance). Voting will just result in the strongest cards in the top 3, in order of how OP they already are. The results from both the NY gacha and the YGO surveys already prove this. I get it, users just want the best cards to be even better. But in the long run this always hurts anything that's not already great in the REMs, which is usually anything that's not top rarity. It's good for GH because I guess it just makes people chase for one or two cards even more, but it's sorta shitty for everything else....

BurningMan likes this.
  6. BonerChamp69

BonerChamp69 I'm huge

Those are some good points. For newer players it is worse. But honestly the buffs they would give to a random silver or gold pull probably wouldn't make me use them anyways. Granted I've been playing for years so I have a lot of options. I just remember the last random buffs they did it was just Chester and Wee jas and the highlight was Okuninushi who I still won't use.
    I just wish they would buff everything the same way they buffed Final Fantasy. So much care put into all that. Usually they just upgrade a te to a te+ and call it a day. I fucking love te+, but I wish they did a little more.

7. RajaNagaSoz

RajaNagaSoz Maximum Casual

User ID:
    I agree with most of the rest, but this is of particular relevance to why i keep coming back and then kindof going on haitus again.

I'm not buff or skilled enough to plan out and run true final endgame content, challenge isn't purely what i play games for, so grinding my nose against a brick wall until i figure out how to unlock the door with my nosehair isn't fun for me, and doing so just obliterates my stamina to the point where, even though i feel decently ranked, i only get like 3-4 runs of 99 stam crap before i have to drop a stone or go somewhere else for a few days.

Other games give out stamina potions or whatever, some rarely, some like candy (I'm looking at you GBF), and i've constantly felt like PAD needs some way to refill stamina that isn't dropping gacha currency or getting enough exp to rank up.

Additionally, there's a lot of farming to do, but none of it is very worthwhile, especially when so many of the REMs drop things at full strength, why build an old one when you're likely to pull the same thing later already done...? Plus, even the QoL available dungeons for doing so, are kindof paltry rewards for the (unrefillable) stamina drain...

Sometimes i log in, burn stamina on super metals, and just "max level" some really old esoteric shit, just to finish off things and have a longer list of maxed crap i'll not use, because i feel like i got something done, instead of wasting my time...

I still really like PAD, i just can't find reasons to stick with it for longer than maybe a week or three before leaving again. Lina brought me back for that collab, but i've recently wandered away again.

Efreet likes this.
  8. BonerChamp69

BonerChamp69 I'm huge

Anyone see the stuff from the stream on Saturday? New transformation gfes that start with 7x6 boards then get real leader skills and great awkenings on transformation. One of them pairs really well with Karin or Lightning/Goury.
    Also pixel evos for Chinese Celestials and 4 gentlemen. All with great awakenings but only like 800-900 weighted stats. Hopefully they get decent growth on limit break.
    They actually gave pixel Sakuya a good AS by just letting it clear all awokens and binds + gravity. Really wish they did that for SR Sakuya.

Also they did random rolls for buffs and actually got all decent cards. Decent as in not mechdragons.
    RGY
    Lakshmi
    Horus
    Shiva.
    They should all get buffs soon. Last time when Venus got buffed she actually got a decent one so I'm hoping Lakshmi gets something cool.
    Shame Shiva and Horus don't have SRs yet. Their buffs probably won't be too special.
    Rgy was buffed in 2018 to be a 7cc VDP with balanced typing back when that was rare. I wonder what they will do with him now. Another 7c or VDP seems likely.
    Not much revealed because the anniversary stream is on the horizon.

RajaNagaSoz, chiubag and MisterDrgn like this.
  9. Efreet

Efreet Well-Known Member

User ID:
    302 818 310
    PADherder:
    link
    Yeah, 7x6 transform are nice, the best part is you don't even need to own one to make a team with those.
    Chinese pixel are actually hilarious, basically better than super revo at least awakening wise.
    Still another stream focused on "stuff" but no content.
    I was also super hyped for the switch game but it turns out it won't be released in europe at least for the time being,now i need to hope paypal let me buy it from us store.

10. ambiguous57

ambiguous57 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    Yeah I’m not sure how I feel about the new transform GFEs. It’s obviously the next wave of power creep, and not one I feel particularly fond of. Especially combining that with 7x6 boards.

Can’t particular put my finger on what it is about it all that bugs me. Just this general feeling of “Ah, yes, of course. Transforming 7x6 leads would *naturally* be the next big thing to invalidate all the current hot leads”. I know, it’s not like we have to keep up with power creep. Solo game and all. It’s just to the point now where, as a player who just hit 2400 days, that’s about all I can do anymore and it’s getting old.

RajaNagaSoz and Bolts like this.
  11. RajaNagaSoz

RajaNagaSoz Maximum Casual

User ID:

At the very least, they work with other leads instead of optimally being with themselves, since 7x6 isn't exactly useful to apply multiple times.

I'm still off on haitus, and really only pay attention to this place for news, but i've never really cared for pixel evos, and i'm a bit disappointed to hear them being so good.

RGY getting a buff sounds great, and i'm hoping that since they're buffing lakshmi, who has a SR, it might leak over into a future Parvati SR keeping them both equivalent. I'd really love to bust out my old Parvati to break me out of Haitus for a little while again... though that means i'll probably need to go hunt a brahma... uuuugh, just thinking of having to do that pains me...

12. BonerChamp69

BonerChamp69 I'm huge

So the SAO rerun gave kirito an alt that is basically made for pairing with NY Reeche. Balanced type with VDP void active and 2 skill charges. Gives 4.5 RCV at 7 combos and has a shield. 9x atk is the total multiplier. Oh and jammer resist+ as an SA.
    The interesting thing here is that Ny Reeche could actually use a leaderswap inherit and not just for memes. It would be up in like 11 turns on a 7x6 board and you aren't deadweight while you wait for it. 7x6 means VDP is no big deal. Saber. Rushana. Tokugawa. I saw someone clear AA3 paired with Diablos with demon yusuke as a sub for VDP.

13. Murdurus

Murdurus Rampage

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Kirito needed that update, the old one was severely underwhelming which is unfortunate. I chased him a little bit and got him, tried him and I could not find a reason to play him when there were simply better options. Of course, he was still viable, but it wasn't as if his LS was notably more different or fun to play so I saw no reason to.

With this new evolution though, he's actually quite good, more notably for his 7x6 board. I'm still using C.Uruka for her 7x6 and attack multiplier but with Kirito, that might change; granted though, his damage isn't as high but he grants a crazy recovery multiplier in exchange. If nothing else, his active is a welcome addition to our still limited options of VDP voids.

BonerChamp69 likes this.
  14. Cheeseghost

Cheeseghost Lazyyyyy

User ID:
    The new story mode is actually kind of entertaining although I blazed through it...I have like 3 missions left just waiting on stamina refresh to level up..does anybody know if it's possible to get 2 of the new evolution sonia? Anyway the story mode brings me back to the good old days..the enemies are pretty easy but it's kind of nostalgic in a sense. Also the new extra latent tamadras are out...I wonder if that's gonna lead to some awesome resist teams now or cheesy teams!!

15. Efreet

Efreet Well-Known Member

User ID:
    302 818 310
    PADherder:
    link
    Only 1 Sonia, apparently there was a challange on jp to get another jewel in typical gungho fashion.
    Story mode is BAD, it's practically a tutorial and the evo is just there to sell new people the bundles.

16. Reni

Reni The mama

User ID:
    ᴺᴬ 315,091,284
    PADherder:
    link
    Story Dungeons are meant to be for everyone to enjoy, it was intended to be easy. Having a story along with tutorial is better than a boring tutorial though, no?

Having that bundle is better than Ronia rate up in a Godfest anyways... JP server never had this bundle.

17. Thundercud

Thundercud Active Member

User ID:
    [US] 375,957,215
    I agree completely. I enjoyed it just for the variety... And the free stones. :)

Bolts and Reni like this.
  18. BurningMan

BurningMan Dropping the green Bomb

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Yeah I enjoyed it too even though some of it was kinda cringe but it works kinda well as a tutorial for newer players to introduce them to dungeon mechanics.

We can get a second jewel later through some challenge but for now there is only one.

Bolts likes this.
  19. hewey

hewey Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    It's hard to complain about getting 100 free stones plus the extras after each level. I'm wondering how long it will take for us to get the second story mode.

Murdurus and Reni like this.
  20. Cheeseghost

Cheeseghost Lazyyyyy

User ID:
    I wish we had this when I started aeons ago...

So i got puzzle and dragons gold and realized quickly i need a stylus for my switch...so I cant go into detail how I feel until I get that...but it's definitely different...