DISCUSSION: Upcoming Monsters/Evolutions/Dungeons/Mechanics

Discussion in 'News & Events' started by DENCHI, Jan 17, 2014.

1. Reni

Reni The mama

User ID:
    ᴺᴬ 315,091,284
    PADherder:
    link
    Same, but it's a good start to more Story Dungeons, hopefully either Heroine or Chinese gods win the next one. :)

Any stylus that works on touch screens should work fine on Switch. I'm playing PAD Gold with my Su-pen and it's really nice!

2. BonerChamp69

BonerChamp69 I'm huge

I thought the story mode was tyrrafic.
    Ha fucking tyrra made that pun like every level. I thought it was stupid then the more he did I started enjoying it.
    Na stream tomorrow.
    If we follow JP I believe we have GH collab, YGO, dbdc, and then SAO on the horizon. Valentine's will probably be somewhere in between. Holy shit that rem needs help. Really excited to see the next seasonal just for whatever the 9* ends up as. I'm guessing seasonal Dracoblades next.

Murdurus likes this.
  3. chiubag

chiubag Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Gotta be Valentine's Ina. Noone else even comes close in popularity in the dracoblade series.

BonerChamp69 likes this.
  4. BonerChamp69

BonerChamp69 I'm huge

Oh man a light/blue Ina to pair with Tifa would be fantastic. I would love that. I suppose Red/blue is also a possibility. I have Nakoruru so I'm cool with that.

5. YamaKyu

YamaKyu Karin Kanzuki was a mistake. And I love it ♥

User ID:
    349-296-255
    Heroine/DBDC story dungeons would indeed be hella cool :eek:
    let's hope for the future ~

6. Murdurus

Murdurus Rampage

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    A Chinese series would be great but I'm not sure what they could really add to them because they got their Super Reincarnated evolutions relatively recently so it'd be unusual for one of them to get a new evolution so soon, even if it's for one of them. That being said, maybe the main character will be Sakuya because she's an old favorite? Sakuya also makes sense because she's 'made up' purely for PAD whereas the other four are based off of Chinese constellations.

DBDC could also be interesting and would make the most sense but Sonia's story was the story of being a dragon caller so having another dragon caller story might be too redundant for them to do again. Dragonbounds are kind of different so maybe that could work; not really sure who the main character would be though.

For me personally, the Sonia story was cheesy, essentially, the power of friendship and teamwork conquers all :vomit: . I'm happy enough to play through it to get the magic stones though, so I can't really complain too much and it was kind of fun to use my PAD skills to blow through floors now that I'm more experienced but I'm sure if I was new to the game, it would actually be fairly difficult, especially towards the later levels.

7. Efreet

Efreet Well-Known Member

User ID:
    302 818 310
    PADherder:
    link
    Yugi confirmed!
    Game will break soon.

8. chiubag

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Ugh I rolled 10 times in SGF; I needed more time to save for YGO lol

9. Efreet

Efreet Well-Known Member

User ID:
    302 818 310
    PADherder:
    link
    Luckily i was hoarding stones like a squirrel hoarde nuts for winter.
    The real issue is how to allocate them but unless i misread we'll have two days of overlap so i can roll yugi and then see how many i have left.
    @chiubag , hope we'll get the ny stones alongside the event.

10. chiubag

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I actually don't open my mail until the day before expiry, so I have all of the 5-a-day stones that I will get in March LOL

To me it doesn't look like Yugi does anything for the meta (not anything massive anyway), and I was never a fan of YGO, so I might just take my free roll and save for something else. Hopefully MTG will make a second appearance...!

The whole transform meta isn't that appealing to me because building your team around skill boosts seems to be the least sexiest thing

Bolts and RajaNagaSoz like this.
  11. Efreet

Efreet Well-Known Member

User ID:
    302 818 310
    PADherder:
    link
    Eh, i don't think anyone actually likes it.
    It's just an awakening requirement and a stupid animation but if you want to keep up with powercreep you don't have much choices.
    I already skipped Ina (not by choice) and currently my most up to date leader is Chidori with janky subs.

I like the YGO franchise tho so that's a bonus too.

12. Thundercud

Thundercud Active Member

User ID:
    [US] 375,957,215
    Haha... This is funny. Opinions are like... noses? buttholes? ;)

Don't take this the wrong way, but I'm pretty sure all the people in this thread that said they like it aren't lying. :)

13. Efreet

Efreet Well-Known Member

User ID:
    302 818 310
    PADherder:
    link
    They like how OP they are, or the fact that you don't need to run swap leaders active.
    If anyone actually liked the mechanism we'll have plenty of excited posts about kamen rider super.
    It's not like they play any different than any other normal card.

chiubag likes this.
  14. Thundercud

Thundercud Active Member

User ID:
    [US] 375,957,215
    Ahh. I see... I missed the context of your post. I thought you were referring to the story mode not the transform meta. I might agree with you on that one... I'm kind of on the fence still about it.

15. Cheeseghost

Cheeseghost Lazyyyyy

User ID:
    Just thinking of little yugi...then the millennium puzzle glows and hes like it's your move kaiba and hes like cool yugi lol

16. BonerChamp69

BonerChamp69 I'm huge

Anyone see all the stuff from the stream?
    There were a lot of surprises. Pixel evos for old 5* gfes. Revos for MP dragons.
    Odindra is again the standout. Instantly bought another. The SAs are really good so I might be another. RevoRadra can be worth 6 SB for Fagan Rai or Dia teams. Dia is a new card that is basically Fagan Rai for God's but a little worse.
    SRevo Indra can also be worth 5 SB and brings posion resist.
    MA Kanna is unexpectedly great. She has 4 sb and 2 haste. Fits on Faska, Dia and Fagan. Has blind resist and can also get cloud. Only has 3 tpas but the LS is really good.
    MA Aten is just silly. All 8 killers with a 10c. Can get 7c SA. A decent LS for 7x6. An amazing damage stick for +combo teams or 7x6.
    Bleach and Fate Stay Night are coming back. Bleach is big. Hopefully they buff it like FF and rework uvo Ichigo and Rukia
    Also we are getting a Mickey Mouse collab? Ha wtf. Goofy better be OP.

They gave a lot stuff evos and all with some unique utilities. I like that this is the direction they go for with uvos for pantheons. None of them are standout leaders but all can have uses as subs.
    I'm happy with most of the stuff they revealed. I do wish they went back and buffed some of the older stuff. Like I feel SR Bastet would have poison resist plus if she came out now. And about half of the MAs have already aged significantly. Odins could be better. Dantalion was ok at a bunch of stuff but never great enough to ever find a spot on any of my teams.
    There is another stream on Thursday but I think it will have much less.

Bolts likes this.
  17. MisterDrgn

MisterDrgn You can't take the sky from me. Staff Member

User ID:
    I dunno, nothing stands out to me as game-changing, but maybe I'm just not paying that much attention.

Aten is silly, but with no VDP, it's still basically a niche monster. Nice for teams that have one or multiple VDP actives? I don't have any Sherlocks, personally.

I like all the 100% hazard resists. Parvati could be cool on that Zela Kitty team that no one runs anymore.

I'll probably play around with an Amaterasu team, for old time's sake. She's ridiculously tanky and good at stalling except that multi-hits can screw you. So not all that tanky, actually.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2020
  18. ambiguous57

ambiguous57 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    Oh man, if Bleach is finally coming back, that’s so exciting. I really want Rukia and Aizen to be relevant again. Plus it has been such an insanely long time since they’ve had it that it’s not unreasonable to expect some Raoh or FF level buffs. It’s not like many players have those cards anyways, so they can be more generous than they usually are with existing cards in returning collabs.

19. BonerChamp69

BonerChamp69 I'm huge

That's a good point. To GHs credit they usually do right when really old collabs return.
    Aten X Dia could be a really strong team. Built in fua and VDP void. Also VDP on 7x6 isn't that bad for rainbow teams if you don't have ShFord or Akine.
    Kanna is gonna make a lot of the transformation teams more accessible. I'm cautiously optimistic about the transform meta but it is something fresh. Especially when you find setups where you can feel like you have real subs and not bring 2-3 whaledors.
    Indra and odindra can also be worth 5 SB or have other good SA options.

20. MisterDrgn

MisterDrgn You can't take the sky from me. Staff Member

User ID:
    Too bad Aten doesn't have SB, outside of SAs (and you probably want the other SAs), but yeah, Aten/Dia looks fun. Attack multiplier is a bit low for rainbow, but of course awoken skills help with that.