DISCUSSION: Upcoming Monsters/Evolutions/Dungeons/Mechanics

Discussion in 'News & Events' started by DENCHI, Jan 17, 2014.

1. RajaNagaSoz

RajaNagaSoz Maximum Casual

User ID:
    I haven't been paying attention to what is used for what, so i figured nimue was used as a SREV evo mat, so i trotted on in to see what was up (lowest difficulty, since i don't have much fun ramming my head into brick walls) ...

Most importantly, i'm disappointed she didn't drop, but i'm relieved she's not some evo mat that i would be unhappy i didn't manage to get.

I've fallen in love with my Mega Aten team using Dyer support. That's what i took into this, and what resulted in a particular problem...

I got up to Lugh and a hilarious situation happened.

First, i was just overblasting no matter what i did. There was very little i could do. multipliers went form like 3x to 40x, lol.
    Second, he dropped the damage reduction on me, and i was ecstatic! never was i so happy to be inflicted with a x0.01 atk debuff! AND THEN I PROCEEDED TO OVERBLAST WITH THAT. A laughing doublefacepalm, and a handful more turns using that debuff and trying to not overperform, i got past him, got to Nimue, and she wasn't all that hard, and didn't drop.

This dungeon is pretty varied in the stuff i needed to do, and i miraculously had what i needed to roll over most of it. I actually had fun in something of decent difficulty without too much frustration for once.

...i just wish i had more Dyer friends.

If anyone cares what my team was:
    Mega Aten(S+)[Eq.Harmonic Feather]{killers: bal/heal/machine}
    OdinDrag(high-hp-atk)[Eq.Gungnir]
    IceAxeYuri(7c)[Eq.Aqua Leaf Prism]
    Mega Kanna(cloud)[Eq.Heart Hunter]{2-slot Atk+}
    MegaD.Kali(def-break)[Eq.Falling Star]{6x SDR}
    Friend: Dyer, i forget which one on my FL

TL;DR: Nimue was actually fun because it wasn't as frustrating as other new dungeons have been, anyone else?

2. Sunsphere

Sunsphere Active Member

All these new dungeons are enjoyable in solo or 2p coop. In 3p they are a fucking nightmare.

3. YamaKyu

YamaKyu Karin Kanzuki was a mistake. And I love it ♥

User ID:
    349-296-255
    Very viable in 6x5 crosses. Triple cross rainbow on a 6x5 board is quite easy when you know how to execute the columns setup thingy o/
    Of course this will require a bit of practice, and sometimes it won't be possible because of RNG, but it certainly is very good for 6x5 crosses yeah

4. RajaNagaSoz

User ID:
    Hoo boy the mild regret rediscovering that i used Ilmina when i traded for Lina Inverse, and recently i've been all about Aten's 7x6 board and thought i still had Ilmina when i saw the news.

ah...hahaha... that was a fun half hour of combing my box...

BonerChamp69 and iddybat like this.
  5. Murdurus

Murdurus Rampage

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Hm, I'm not too impressed with the DMC stuff. All except V are transform which is PAD's new gimmick but none of them looks particularly noteworthy to me; they are strong, like they have to be, but not sure how worth it it is to have to deal with their transform for the return. Their active skills are also pretty mediocre and don't provide any of the niche utility that most people look for. As subs, they are huge beatsticks but that's kind of all they are, so again, not sure if they're worth the trouble; also, what is up with the lack of skill bind resists?

V is honestly the only one I'm interested in who also happens to not be a transform for my Ichigo team whom I have a new admiration for. His non-evolved form's active is alright for what it is but he provides super jammer resist. V's evolved form's active leaves a lot to be desired, doing 500k fixed damage 3 times is pretty mediocre outside of button teams but he has similar awakenings to Megatron (also ironic you can trade Megatron for him) while also having super blind resist. He's not an S tier sub for Ichigo but definitely good, unfortunately, that also means that he's not necessarily worth the chase and/or trade.

I'm not sure if I'm going to even try to get anything from the DMC collab after looking at it. I might just do my 3 rolls and be done with it unless YamaP decides to do his infamous roll-and-buff which might change things up enough for me to want to get any of them. What do you guys think? Do you guys want anyone in particular and for what reason?

6. MisterDrgn

MisterDrgn You can't take the sky from me. Staff Member

User ID:
    I'd say they're interesting, and I disagree about the actives. Dante might be the least interesting to me because he feels too niche with all those killers and no VDP. But Virgil looks solid, and his active is ridiculously good on a 6-turn CD, plus easy to inherit over. Nero looks good too, and of course his 1-turn CD is super easy to inherit over. Lucia, eh, not sure about that one.

That said, they're really weak before transforming, plus they need 18 turns. I'm not that into building a team around skill boosts.

I wouldn't be surprised if one or two of them become meta leads. Not top tier--it's just a 6-stone REM, after all.

EDIT: Virgil's assist evo is interesting too, although I feel like it's designed for some particular dungeon that I personally have never run.

7. HappyNoms

HappyNoms Ogliarchial collectivist

PADherder:
    link
    Devil may cry, none of the leads are displacing current meta/S leads, but multiple of the DMC rare cards look to have fine equipment forms, so I'm rolling a bit just to score a few more equipment options.

The only dungeon I'm uncertain about / wrestling with is the forthcoming new alt.arena4, where I badly want the anti-void latent, but I chicken-and-egg need the anti-void latent in the first place to not get excessively mauled by the ridiculous amount of void spawns the dungeon is filthy with.

RajaNagaSoz, Cheeseghost and iddybat like this.
  8. Cheeseghost

Cheeseghost Lazyyyyy

User ID:
    Just wanted to let you know I miss you and your thorough posts!

HappyNoms and Yato79 like this.
  9. Murdurus

Murdurus Rampage

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Samurai 3 got their new evolutions which are mostly pretty mediocre but they get single-type 4 resist AND skill boost equips! Like holy moly that's kinda nuts, equipping one of each resist and a triple resist covers your resist needs. That being said though, super hazard resists are becoming more accessible (thank god) so maybe it might not matter as much?

SR Tsukuyomi now has 3 second TE with an optional additional second from SA; I personally will likely take the super jammer resist instead though.

Not much else about the buffs or new evolutions interest me though, just most of the actives, leaderskills and awakenings being updated to be more in line with what we have now which is great but I don't personally use any of them. Those equips have me excited though and I look forward to it.

10. RajaNagaSoz

User ID:
    Regarding the Samurai3 stuff, I was thinking they looked kindof meh myself. Then again, both of my most used teams now are practically immune to everything already.

I'd love to just see an equip that was like, 100% bind immunity, 100% one hazard resist, and an active that took 45 turns to come up.

I was absolutely disgusted to see a pixel (escha) and reincarnation (scheat) of seasonals (is june bride considered seasonal?). ...since that means pixels aren't going away, though i suppose since they're giving them all this pixel-based LS, they kindof need to.

And it also means by Revo, you can't back up from it in the future (just in case, ya know). Tbh, i wouldn't put it past them to have some kind of plan to reverse-reincarnate down the road so we can just end up with alternate-revo trips.

On a separate note, i kindof figured it would happen, but had to try... S.Revoing dingdonged a previous LB/SA, and i had to blow another SSG (not that i don't keep like 8-12 of them around anyway), but the good super-awakening being just thrown out sucked more.

A lot of things that got changed to reincarnations i'm half annoyed, half thrilled, because most of them got neat sub upgrades of sorts, but some of them i was waiting for mega forms to come along to...

11. YamaKyu

User ID:
    349-296-255
    Are we not going to talk about the fact that we had news of 2 cross leads in 1 (one !!) stream :D?

https://pad.protic.site/pre-summer-special-stream-recap-translations/

Or at least, we know about ult Allatu (finallyyyyyyyyy), and they teased Summer Planar, which I REALLY HOPE will be a cross lead too, because water has no relevant modern cross leads and it's a shame.

It's kinda amazing that we had news about 2 cross leads at the same time when we're used to have none xD

CloudnineXXX likes this.
  12. RajaNagaSoz

User ID:
    I'm just glad allatu is finally unbindable. The art looks like satsuki. The L unlock looks entirely wasted on her.

I'm more enthused that i was quietly waiting for mega eschamali to show up after my eschamali got locked into a reincarnation by accident, and then promptly got another one during the 10x10 mail pullfest to assuage my remorse.

Worst part of the news in my neck of the woods was being on voice chat with a friend who accidently reincarnated his amenokaminushi not five seconds after i told him the mega form was kindof fun and i knew he had one laying around.

I'm starting to think he intentionally doesn't want to play co-op with me. Didn't want to trade for chakeol too, who has been amazing for me in every possible way.

Lazyblob is my jam.

13. MisterDrgn

MisterDrgn You can't take the sky from me. Staff Member

User ID:
    Lazyblob is life.

RajaNagaSoz likes this.
  14. ambiguous57

ambiguous57 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    I was contemplating trading for Chakeol, but thought it was a bit steep and something I might’ve regretted. One day, I rolled 1-2 times against my better judgment, and got her.

Best roll I’ve gotten in a long time, and so glad I got her. I use her in such a broad variety of teams that I definitely would’ve regretted not trading for her.

RajaNagaSoz likes this.
  15. RajaNagaSoz

User ID:
    It's hard to argue with when just her main hit can drop 1.2b damage and i'm immune to practically everything with the team.

God my green box is beautiful.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Best unexpected part: 9s is real nice, i love ignoring the enemy cutting my move time. hahahaha.

only thing i'm lacking is an "absorb damage above X" fix, but i've got something laying around to shoehorn in if i have to

16. RajaNagaSoz

User ID:
    Double post, but since it's like 3 weeks old in the upcoming stuff thread i think i'll flirt with that line.

I noticed we got the Evangelion update when i was scrolling through my box and saw my misato leilan able to evolve, so can we assume that the Eva collab is right around the corner?

17. YamaKyu

User ID:
    349-296-255