DISCUSSION: Upcoming Monsters/Evolutions/Dungeons/Mechanics

Discussion in 'News & Events' started by DENCHI, Jan 17, 2014.

1. MisterDrgn

MisterDrgn You can't take the sky from me. Staff Member

User ID:
    Yes, 50% damage reduction is really good. Effective 2x hp/2x RCV, but better against gravity. It's basically the gold standard for damage reduction in an LS. Also, 6-comboing is an easier condition than healing 50k on a team without an RCV multiplier. The healing requirement likely means matching exactly four hearts, which is a big problem for example if you also need to FUA.

Neither beach Gronia nor Wetatron is particularly great, nor would you expect them to be I think, but just for fun, I'll take up the gauntlet in comparing them. I have a Wetatron, and after thinking a bit about how to make a team, I've come to the conclusion that she's basically terrible.

Let's assume you can load up your leads with heart enhances, so that just the two of them can easily get you to 50k healing when you match four hearts. Great, you've got a very defensive team with a pretty high attack multiplier. You're still dependent on the rest of the team for everything else.
    1) Damage. Weta has basically no personal damage. So yeah.
    2) Making hearts. You'll need to make hearts sometimes to serve the LS, and even more if you need to FUA. Unfortunately, Weta's active is 6-year-old garbage. Why would you want an active heal on this team? Why can't she make hearts? Of course you can inherit something on Weta, since her active is just 4-turns. But that's basically adding 4 turns to the CD of a good active.
    3) Making orbs for damage. See 2).
    4) Basically any utility awoken skills. Yes, that's right, Weta has neither offensive awoken skills nor utility awoken skills (unless you count two SBRs). Also no TE. How is that even possible?

Even with the freedom to go any color (why bother staying with blue, since Weta herself deals no meaningful damage), I don't think there's any way to make the team look good.

That's setting aside the point that, again, you really want 7x6, +combo, or auto-FUA in a lead to deal with with those bosses that have combo shield + resolve + void damage.

For veteran players, I think the main value of these kinds of leads is that you can challenge yourself to clear A3 with them, or something like that?

RajaNagaSoz likes this.
  2. RajaNagaSoz

RajaNagaSoz Maximum Casual

User ID:
    I went and looked the 50% Dmg-Reduc up, and i mostly either found older shit with basically no LS or 4 year old LS's, or collab cards, or those "difficult, but not too difficult farmables". I can't entirely complain about it i guess, most of my dmg-reduc leads over the years have been disappointing, likely just the luck of the draw from what i had at the times.

As for the 6-combo vs 50k healing, I suppose this depends on the rest of the team, i've found most of my teams healing like crazy lately, and combos are pretty easy to come by with the big-finger awakenings being found at least singlely just about everywhere, but tbh, i do generally run 1.5x-all types (because that's what most of my fun and useful leads have ended up being).

I do agree, neither one looks GREAT, but i almost feel like neither one managed to be better than "okay". Honestly, i wasn't expecting anything amazing out of the LS of either, I have leads i like that are pretty rough chances out of expensive machines, and i didn't think they'd be fighting with the big-shots for a leader-spot, and if i'm going to talk about being just a sub, i'll admit, wetatron is absolute garbage here, at least B.Gronia has orb change and 2-turn skill boosting, even if it doesn't unlock anything, Wetatron has a flat garbage heal, and practically the smallest bind/awoken bind clear you can get away with these days.

While i'm not impressed with B.Gronia's dragon-killing focus and pair of TPA being all she has, i can't argue here, Wetatron has an L.... and unless someone still likes.. uhh.. mega skuld or fog??? lol.

Wetatron could be majorly improved if she made a column of hearts on one side or something, that'd be an amazingly easy fix, but yes, i agree, though i did play my best turing the time of Awoken Parvati.. TBF, some Srevo parvatis on this team could rock some ass, but then why wouldn't someone just run Srevo parvati as a lead if they had her to put on the team...

They're both suffering pretty hard here, at least wetatron has an L to do... something with! Gronia doesn't even have a single SLR! And she's still holding onto a bind clear awakening with an active that removes hearts, while being bindable!

I just wanted a reason to use her on a team, and i don't even have that, not that wetatron would fit that bill either, tbh.

As unfortunate as it would be, i would almost have rather of had her turn into an assist evo, of course, if she did, i'd probably be disappointed seeing her be a tpa, two blind resists, and a blue and green dmg reduction awakening, and wetatron would probably be two 4-hearts, an RCV+, and the hp+, with her active on it, and it'd be even worse...

The big problem is, they're both still just trophies to sit in our boxes and look pretty, with not even a niche reason to cram them into any teams.

I mean, for the most part, only vets are gonna have either one and want to pull them out for an adventure after so many years, and vets are already going to have so much else better. That's what is disappointing.

MisterDrgn likes this.
  3. YamaKyu

YamaKyu Karin Kanzuki was a mistake. And I love it ♥

User ID:
    349-296-255
    No need to tell you how disappointed and sad to see Summer Planar not being a cross lead, I've already complained a lot on Discord and Reddit.

But man

Still

MisterDrgn likes this.
  4. MisterDrgn

MisterDrgn You can't take the sky from me. Staff Member

User ID:
    Yeah, that's a general problem when there's so much content in the game.

The full event info is out: https://pad.protic.site/pad-island-2020-details/

I'd say the big news is that B&J, who get a +1 combo for their LS, make a pretty decent Planar pairing. So I (and, I'd imagine, many others) will definitely try that out. Though I think I've been spoiled lately by running teams with +4 combos across two leads...

Also, I'd forgotten that Wetatron and Gronia are only 7-stars, when the event goes up to 9-stars, so yeah, they aren't the biggest priority.

PS: As expected, Wetatron can get a third heart enhance as an SA. If by some miracle someone else puts one up, I'll try her out. I've got a couple Skulds lying around, so maybe run an L team and hope the enemy doesn't have damage void + combo shield?

RajaNagaSoz likes this.
  5. RajaNagaSoz

User ID:

That friend of mine i always bring up who never seems to be able to have a lead we both have, has a B&J, not that he's currently playing much. Hopefully, he'll replace his +0 unskilled bride zela and actually have a full offering of decent things, albeit ones i can't use still.

I feel weird that i'm most excited for Tachibana getting a cloud res, of course, this is just after i dumped another 297 and managed to get one of my amenobabaganukunukushi's to have it. Been having to squeeze an Aife in for blue clouds.

Also... MAYBE THIS TIME I'LL PULL A KURONE AND ACTUALLY HAVE THE ONE MY AVATAR COMES FROM.

i don't care how useless she'll be for anything, i'll 297 and super snowglobe her anyway, just like i did beach Fuu

please just keep goemon away. surf the fuck off somewhere else please, i've probably pulled enough of your ass to buy a diamond dragon fruit.

MisterDrgn likes this.
  6. RajaNagaSoz

User ID:
    I did manage to get Kurone, it just took me getting another beach sonia (#3), beach eschamali, beach tachibana(#2), Beach Urd x2 (#2 and 3), Beach Meimei x3 (#2, 3, and 4), Beach Chester x3 (probably #3, 4, and 5, but i'm only keeping one of his ass), and the remaining amount of around 70 stones total which is only a few goemons and a navi... just to get beach Kurone in the last like 2-3 pulls.

.... why, game? why did it take so much.

Of course, no beach veroah or B&J to play with.

I've been kindof slipping back into another haitus lately, and i've heard the BNHA collab is having licensing issues or we might've had it already? Is there anything we know that's coming up i should pay attention to even on another mild haitus? MH somewhat recently happened in jp, so that's a month or two out at least right?

Edit: of course they drop MH immediately after i made this post. wow. i should've saved my stones.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2020
  7. YamaKyu

YamaKyu Karin Kanzuki was a mistake. And I love it ♥

User ID:
    349-296-255
    I... wanted the Qiao Sisters.
    Like. It's the single only card I want from beach REM because they are the best blue sub for building rainbow Karin Kanzuki team. I know nobody want them because they only have a little purpose, but *I* want them.

After about 100 roll, I got at least 1 of everything (and duplicates of everything despite B&J and BVeroah), including quadruple Summer I&I, quintuple Eschamali, double Fujin, triple Yog and freakin triple Summer Planar (which -I don't know if you've seen- is a card I'm specifically upset with).

But no Qiao Sisters...

I'm among the few people in the active community who has a very specific use for them, and I cannot for the love of stars get them ;;

Also buying them with IAP is out of the question.
    I just wish I could trade for them with my gazillion trade fodder. I'll throw away 4 of *anything* I got here for a Summer Qiao Sisters.
    Man, the game should slightly increase the rate of stuff you haven't pulled yet in a REM, this is just so painfull.

Just watch me make additional pulls and get a freakin 4th Summer Planar ;;

RajaNagaSoz, iddybat and MisterDrgn like this.