Do you open all your mail?

Discussion in 'Q&A' started by Ultraduck, Jul 3, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Ultraduck

Ultraduck Member

User ID:
    It seeks like a lot of players don't open all their messages.

2. sgt502

sgt502 ばかぷれーやー

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Most of us wait until they will expire in a week or less because of box space. Would be much different when we're having Tama stacking update.

Tek7 and ko300zx like this.
  3. Ultraduck

Ultraduck Member

User ID:
    That would make life a lot easier. Still, I tend to fuse things away as soon as I get them so maybe that's why I can open so mich.

4. sgt502

sgt502 ばかぷれーやー

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    This is just me but I save all of my Killers until I need them. I used to fuse all of the "trash" Killers such Healer, Attacker and Balance Killer right away but there are times when I need them for a specific spawn and I don't have any laying around so I learned from that and save them until I really need them.

Vaedriel likes this.
  5. Roland

Roland Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I open most of them now, especially when they are just for evo mat dungeons.

I do not open Pal points as they are nice to save for specific events.

Also, those others for globes or killers are useful for existing cards I have, so I open them and put them to use. At one time I used to keep them until about to expire, but now I am finding that using the cards is better for play and more of the same will be provided in time. Use it or lose it!

Ultraduck likes this.
  6. Super Random Box

Super Random Box REM Trolled.

I open all of those mails on JP, but don't on NA because I'm waiting the patch 15... which should happen anytime soon, I guess...

7. ko300zx

ko300zx Well-Known Member

User ID:
    Back when everything had a 365 day expiration, the mailbox was essentially "secondary" box space. With a 60 day expiration it's still a good place to store things temporarily just in case you need something. Still helps from wasting stones on box space.

It has bitten me in the ass a few times though. Accidentally let the Rikuu dungeon expire on my alt so had to pound my head against the wall trying to get 26% on an 8 year old phone with a crappy team. It will happen again for sure.

Ultraduck and sgt502 like this.
  8. chiubag

chiubag Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I just open my mail the day it expires. It's a second storage like @ko300zx said above.

9. Zaurora

Zaurora Momiji Best Girl

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I open almost everything I can as soon as I get them. I don't like seeing the notification for mail :confused:

Ultraduck likes this.
  10. Vaedriel

Vaedriel Lost in the Shadows

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I open everything. My OCD can't stand "unread" mail, lol. :writer: I also immediately delete any mail I don't want to keep.

I agree with @sgt502 I used to fuse all my killers right away, partly because I was excited to get them, but now I try to horde them for when I need them for something. Can't wait for that next patch that stacks all the rest of my s**t. Right now, at least 20-30 spaces in my box are being taken up by stuff I have to "feed" my Rikuu when I get him in the wee early morning hours... tonight! :)

sgt502 likes this.
  11. Toddlajoie

Toddlajoie Active Member

Before Evo stacking and 60 day expire, I kept a lot of stuff in mail (tamas, jewels, other box stuff I didn't need right away, Like do I REALLY need 15 Pixelits in my box, or is 8 enough...) and pulled them out when I needed them. When 60 day expire hit I started opening them when they were close to expiring... Once evo stacking hit I had something like 400 free boxes, so I just opened everything that was box space..

Now the only thing I have unopened is PAL points (waiting for a decent event, I just use the ones that are about to expire..) and dungeon rewards from quests, which I just rarely bother to spend stamina on ( with evo stacking I have like 23 dragon fruit... do I really need to spend stamina running Dragon Fruit rush???)

Roland likes this.
  12. HappyNoms

HappyNoms Ogliarchial collectivist

PADherder:
    link
    While it's been said a couple times, awareness that PAL points will be very useful when the Gungho PEM machine gets it's upgrade and drops 10 or so new, actually good, cards into it. Better stuff than the collectible art coloring book cuteness. Not breaking the meta or anything, but you'll probably want to roll whatever PEM mails you have saved at that point.

That and the tamadra machine are just convenient.

Everything that isn't a PEM points mail I open these days.
    Multiple 100s of free box space made me shrug at using mail as storage.

Roland likes this.
  13. Yani NP

Yani NP Believe in the heart of the skyfall Gods!

User ID:
    Same~ As poor as I am with a lousy 600 box space and can't stand unopened mails which I might accidently miss the expiration date.

Vaedriel likes this.
  14. Hansey

Hansey Destined to never own a single Haku

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I've had expired mail a bunch of times on my alt, in fact, lost about ten things (including snow globes) just a couple of days ago. I've been very careful with my main but still think I lost some things a few months ago. I went through a couple weeks ago and collected a bunch of things to give me another month buffer, but apparently I neglected to the same on my alt.

I'm not too fussed about it since I care significantly less about my alt account, but it's still annoying. I might make an effort to collect everything except Pal Points once the next update that clears up more box space comes along.