Does Lightning need damage boost for A5

Discussion in 'Q&A' started by ryerye, Aug 6, 2019.

1. ryerye

ryerye Member

I think I have a fairly good team (see attached img) but I barely squeezed through Zeus Verse and Yog on the last levels.

For Verse, because of the resolve and heart orb troll, it took me 3-4 turns to ping him below 50%, then I used Hao and finished him off... I wasn't sure if it was his 100mil dmg void that was making my damage output low or because I wasn't hitting hard enough.

For Yog, I also had to take a couple more turns to kill.

I am just so used to my zela Kitty team steamrolling through A5 with single shot kill for everything...

I am averaging about 9-10 combo everytime. Lightning has godkiller SA and three dragonkiller latent. Yuna and Ideal has triple dragon killer as well.

Is anyone running Lightning team with a damage boost like gemstone princess?

Would appreciate any recommendations for the team. I have no Shelling Ford...

Attached Files:

2. Efreet

Efreet Well-Known Member

User ID:
    302 818 310
    PADherder:
    link
    Just from a quick run on endless i noticed Lightning is around 8-9M (no inherit) with 7-8 combos up to 50M at 17, so since you were stacked with killers you probably overshot the null damage every turn on Verse.
    On Yogg i don't think your team can oneshot it no matter what.
    Imo you can replace Aerith with a dedicated dragon killer sub or even a10c sub (really easy to pass 100M that way) and maybe search for a friend with an Hao/Shelling inherit.
    With the +combo from leader skill you might even get away with a dedicated VDP sub.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2019
  3. sl946

sl946 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Unless you need the extra hp's, I would consider switching Aerith to her pixel form. She has a dragon killer and a double VDP and she can take dragon killer latents, so she will obliterate Yog and any other dragon type spawns.

4. BonerChamp69

BonerChamp69 I'm huge

Lightning needs the green subatt to activate.

Bride Rushana or the dark 7* pantheon are both good options. Not hard at all to get 7c with them.

5. Noc

Noc Active Member

User ID:
    Noc
    PADherder:
    link
    I haven't tried Lightning in A5 yet because I've been too busy skilling up FF cards in the skill up dungeon, but have you tried running any 7c+10c subs, e.g. Zinogre or Gamer Amaterasu? Lightning easily hits 10 combos because of the extra time and combo boost, so they each get 10x personal damage and hit crazy hard. Unfortunately, it's impossible to run both or a dupe of one of them without an off-color sub because Lightning has no sub-attribute.

6. kandjar

kandjar President of the Otaku Waifu Association

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I’ve cleared A5 in coop with some clumsy lightning team (I.e: forgot to bring VDP, my partner forgot to bring FUA).
    It was fairly straightforward. We didn’t bring any damage boost.