Don't Sleep on L-Shield

Discussion in 'Rants and Accomplishments' started by Trap, Aug 22, 2019.

1. Trap

Trap Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Running A5 for a rankup just now with BVeroah. I run BCotton anyway, so I don't need FUA SA on Mel. I decided I'd run L-Shield just for the heck of it, since TPA isn't really that helpful either.

Fast forward to F17: Hera-Nyx. Only actives I have are BVeroahs, and between lights, greens, and existing blues I only have the potential for 7 blues, so can't kill. I thought I was done for... until I decided to give L-Shielding a try. It let me tank Nyx's 99% grav + hit with 1.5k HP left, get enough orbs to kill, and continue on to clear for my rankup.

I guess the takeaway is that for high HP teams, L-Shield can be useful in niche spots...

ambiguous57 likes this.
  2. toadashi

toadashi One True Goat

Can I ask what is the rest of your team comp, assists and latents?

3. Trap

Trap Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    BVeroah A5.png

4. ambiguous57

ambiguous57 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    Cool story.

I just really hate using Mel, though. Such a blah card, blah active, and bindable. Have you tried running the team with just Mut as your RCV stick? I’ve been contemplating buying her for that purpose, but would hate for the RCV to not be enough, and have only heard of a couple people attempting to use her as the RCV stick.

5. Trap

Trap Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    What??? Mel, blah? She's so good! Bindable doesn't matter all that much as long as you have something like Cotton to unbind and the rest of your team is unbindable. Her RCV is amazing, she gets FUA SA, and her active is fantastic! It lets you heal or FUA when you get orb trolled on only a 5 turn cooldown, makes her a great inherit base, and lets you FUA off bicolor board changes. She's an MVP card by any measure.

Mut gives a similar RCV boost as Mel -- I tested the team after taking them off one at a time and the RCV went down to about the same place each time. I honestly think that having both is the way to go though. I don't like the team's RCV without Mut particularly, but with both a heart TPA is nearly 35k.

I would highly recommend Mut for a BVeroah team, as she's a low CD orb changer with lots of healing and her no skyfall can be useful too, but if you have Mel I'd personally run both. Not like BVeroah needs a whole lot of damage help, one damage stick like Blonia should do it.