Draconic Orchestra

Discussion in 'Rants and Accomplishments' started by ko300zx, Jul 8, 2019.

1. yamo

yamo Well-Known Member

2. Ele

Ele on the plus egg hunt

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Free Roll: Laude
    Bargain: Lotta Lotta
    One last roll: Eva

3. axlpowa

axlpowa Well-Known Member

User ID:
    Free roll: Phenom
    Bargain: Lotta
    7* machine: Eva

Happy for Phenom, bought the 7* package just in case I could get an "easy" Mariel too. Eva has a niche active, but I don't think it will really be useful since the rainbow activation is not guaranteed, nothing is guaranteed besides the FUA actually so...

Keeping my stones for FF.

4. BurningMan

BurningMan Dropping the green Bomb

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Got cruz on free roll and theor with a yolo
    Don't want to put in more stones with all the better stuff upcoming but lotta seems so nice :(

5. Murdurus

Murdurus Rampage

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Free: Dolq
    Bundle: Tilly

Honestly, there aren't too many things I really want from this. I'm just going to save my stones for FF since I'll get more value out of that.

6. Roland

Roland Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Got Lotta on just a couple of rolls, very happy with others as well

7. MisterDrgn

MisterDrgn You can't take the sky from me. Staff Member

User ID:
    Welp, I've been throwing all my stones at the SGF, but I accidentally tapped on this REM just once and got Theor. That is some juicy trade fodder.

8. Noc

Noc Active Member

User ID:
    Noc
    PADherder:
    link
    Wait, does Lotta's active carry forward on sweep? Am I seeing this correctly?!

9. axlpowa

axlpowa Well-Known Member

User ID:
    Yes it does. Very few applications, but those applications are going to be fun. Note that team building is not that easy all the time as you need to have a lot of HP (it's all fine in COOP though).

Cheeseghost and Noc like this.
  10. Noc

Noc Active Member

User ID:
    Noc
    PADherder:
    link
    In Defense of Draconic Orchestra - while the most of the bottom two tiers are terrible (Lotta and debatably Enola being exceptions), the 7 star cards are pretty amazing. I rolled some nice cards from recent collabs like Shaman King and I have some other solid leads like DKarin, DRaizer, DZeta and DMeta, but my two favorite leads since the first day of this REM have been Mariel and Lutina. I was actually playing a lot less in recent weeks and I'm back to burning most of my stamina since rolling them.

Mariel is often accused of being a crappy DKarin, but I've been getting a lot more mileage off my main's Mariel than my alt's DKarin. Keep in mind that I haven't used her in any of the arenas, but I did recently clear all the floors of Hera Nyx and the Numens with some pretty shoddy orb manipulation skills. She's actually ridiculously awesome:
    -I almost never see boards that that prevent me from using her leader skill, so I rarely use actives.
    -Her 400x attack multiplier is obscenely strong.
    -With SA she's a triple VDP card, which is still pretty rare these days and extremely useful (boss hp keeps going up and VDP actives take way too long to charge in most dungeons).
    -Her teambuilding is extremely flexible - You get her full multiplier for any card with a water or light attribute.
    -And I can usually get away without slotting in Mel because of Mariel's active, which gives you a kill board and several turns of Kuroyuri style healing. While you can't loop her with just Mariel leads, she can be up often enough to save your butt when needed and you can often get away with relying on high rcv subs the rest of the time. I've replaced Mel with Lutina for high rcv, orb unlock awakenings, 7cs, and to carry whatever active I happen to need. Initially I was hesitant and gave her a chocolate box, but now she's carrying an enhance. My team has been getting by without heart OE awakenings.

On that note, Lutina is also great:
    -She's a 506.25x glass cannon lead (small shield, no hp or rcv multi) with a leader skill that's surprisingly easy to activate-low combo requirement and she brings her own 1 cd active for the active use clause of her leader skill. And she has no sub restrictions.
    -As a sub, she has an incredible offensive kit that includes 2 7cs for damage, L unlock for locked orbs, guard break, and a short cd active for carrying actives. She can also loop water skyfall.

I've been finding Phenom (who is on my alt) a little clunky and just straight up don't have the skills for a time-restricted lead like Theor, so I don't have much to say about either of them or Eva (who I haven't rolled on either account). The rates are still bad and I'm not advocating trading for Lutina or Mariel, but I just thought I'd mention that they're both amazing and easily some of my favorite new cards that I've rolled in years.

PlatScratch and Orange like this.
  11. BonerChamp69

BonerChamp69 I'm huge

I want Lutina a lot. I like Phenom. I just wish she did a little more damage at 6 orbs, and blue is surprisingly hard to cover with a really good sub. Still fun to play. I wonder if Mariel XKarin is worth trying out.

PlatScratch and Noc like this.
  12. Noc

Noc Active Member

User ID:
    Noc
    PADherder:
    link
    That's what I've been running in co-op because my accounts haven't been rolling many compatible leads lately :) I have a knack for forgetting that I'm not supposed to match 5 water or 5 light during my alt's (the Karin team's) turn, but the team works really well otherwise. Karin's leader skill compensates well for the loss of Mariel's active and Campus Uruka's TEs, and I like not having a second copy of Karin's skill.

13. Cheeseghost

Cheeseghost Lazyyyyy

User ID:
    Wasnt gonna post but just farmed up 10 stones and got mariel!!! I also pulled 2 eva day 1 and then got a bunch of the other stuff...I'm certainly happy I had traded for the 2nd b.zela...

Noc likes this.
  14. MisterDrgn

MisterDrgn You can't take the sky from me. Staff Member

User ID:
    Unless you're running A5, you can generally clear content with a lot of different leads. Pick a lead you enjoy, and run with it. Just bear in mind that you may not be able to use it in a few weeks, unless you have a dupe.

15. PlatScratch

PlatScratch Active Member

Literally the only reason I want Lotta Lotta. I am a huge ranking nerd too lol. I didn’t get her in my free or bundle but also want to save gems...

16. sgt502

sgt502 ばかぷれーやー

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
  17. Orange

Orange Red+Yellow = Orange

Thinking about trading for Mariel using cards below. the last spot could be Echidna-Sara or Saline or Kanna (second one). Any suggestion? Thanks in advance!
    0FB4E234-C7B4-46A9-AFCA-3C1859393441.jpeg

18. sgt502

sgt502 ばかぷれーやー

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Don't trade away your dupes. Stronger leader only last for a while but great subs lasts for a long long time.

Orange likes this.
  19. Orange

Orange Red+Yellow = Orange

Thanks for your advice. Very pricey for trading and wasn’t sure if it’s the right move. Never traded any card before. Rethink a couple time and still can’t do it. Think about buy a pack 85 stone but seem too much for this Mariel.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2019
  20. NewToPAD

NewToPAD Active Member

I got 2 of each Gold Egg, and 3 of Dolq. I wanted Phenom for the unique active and would make a great sub to hold Akuma beads with also having 1 of each resist. I ended up getting Mariel which is really nice.