Dumb questions (game mechanics) thread

Discussion in 'EU General' started by Not-Sure, Feb 10, 2015.

1. Bluecheese

Bluecheese I'm in blue movies....

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Works on O2.

2. Deft

Deft SR388-resident

I am theorizing about a Rukia team...
    Without utility I could build this team:

my question: "Enhanced "+" water orbs have a 200% chance of appearing and increase "+" water orbs damage by 5%"
    What does this mean ? Is it useful to go above 100%? A bit lost in the math here...

3. Golden119

Golden119 Monsieur Gung-ho, you are spoiling us.

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I can't tell you the exact math, but:

a) they aren't wasted
    b) they do experience diminishing returns
    c) 10 is a good number :)

4. Deft

Deft SR388-resident

OK, I researched a bit more myself.
    If I understand correct:
    - clearly the 200% appearance is stupid. 100% is enough, all blue orbs dropping will be enhanced.
    - the extra damage I get from the awakening should be (thnks random reddit)
    Multiplier=((# of enhanced orbs matches x 0.06)+1) x ((# of orb enhance awakenings x 0.05)+1)
    So one TPA on board gets 1.86x from two MeiMei alone.
    (4x 0.06)+1) x (10x0.05)+1)= 1.24 x 1.5 = 1.86
    And then comes Scheat... :-D

Please correct me if wrong.

5. ArmYgeddon

ArmYgeddon Comeback King

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Sounds about right, possibly a bit impractical however as hp nor rcv seems amazing even on 4x? And definitely very weak to binds

6. Deft

Deft SR388-resident

I know Army, I was just theorycrafting. Would like to try another colour than Light/Dark. So trying to see what a Rukia team could be with my box. :)
    For the moment, Beach MeiMei is cast aside and I am going for:

RCV should be OK, not convinced about the HP and would like some more fingers...

*A44 likes this.
  7. ArmYgeddon

ArmYgeddon Comeback King

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    fingers get in the way, yeah Isis is a good choice on the team, HP you can get around by inheriting a shield like susanoo on isis. Lemme know if you want my rukia up if she isn't (she also has facet inherited, with 2 scheat you'll kill everything)

Deft likes this.
  8. Golden119

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Here's a dumb question, although it's not really a question. On NoahDra yesterday I got to experience the joy of 99 turn stalling with 1 sub card getting bound for 1 turn each turn. Now, none of my subs were bind immune, and so you'd think you'd just have 1 sub at random constantly bound. Well you don't, my bind counters gradually increased over the course of the floor.

I figured out that if you are bound, and get bound again, your counter doesn't decrease.

So I guess my question is whyyyyyyy? :(

9. MrPurple

MrPurple Are we nearly there yet?

User ID:
    Ive noticed this too @Golden119 - but I have no idea..

I have a bunch of questions mixed in with a moderate rant that @Bluecheese may sympathise too.. I guess it is about frustrations and avoiding tediousness; which is what stopped me playing for a few months late last year..

My question is what team do you need to farm MP and SDR?
    This is where I'm at in the game. Aizen has reignited playing again. Beat A1 and A2 :D. However, what stopped me was the constant need to have the quickest and easiest way to farm. This is really boring for me. I reluctantly build an ALB/Diosx3 team - fully skilled but hated every last minute of it and now half a year later this is considered too slow by many (for +egg farming etc...).

I want to plough through a couple of the rogue dungeons for MPs and I want to gain SDRs.
    What is needed? Sorry Padherder is dead. '@Longdaica' took me through Scarlet with ALB/Dios/enhance but died on HeraTunes. Not 297'd the team. Don't really want to as short on eggs as few people want to ALB through STTD! Ahhh!

Bluecheese likes this.
  10. Moyuba

Moyuba Well-Known Member

User ID:
    743 341 270
    PADherder:
    link
    MrPurple likes this.
  11. MrPurple

User ID:
    But how many people would be willing to do this on discord coop chat? It sometimes seems there is one team per dungeon. Maybe that's the other solution. Find other people who don't have the best team and are happy to play opposed to click. Don't get me wrong - I'd click all day to get tams, tans and kings. But how far does this go?

12. Moyuba

Moyuba Well-Known Member

User ID:
    743 341 270
    PADherder:
    link
    oh, i have no idea, i never go on discord.

13. Bluecheese

Bluecheese I'm in blue movies....

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    TBH my advice would be to not farm mp points.
    They just get you another monster to level and skill.
    I gave up a while back.
    You have to run the rogue dungeons so many times that with every run you remove enough enjoyment of the game so that when you do buy the mp dragon you don't have the heart to play any more!
    Mp points accumulate slowly anyway - I just let them do that.
    Probably not what you want to hear.
    If farming is needed I use ALB.

MrPurple likes this.
  14. Deft

Deft SR388-resident

at least you have an ALB...

MrPurple and Bluecheese like this.
  15. Golden119

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I think more people than you realize will use ALB on STTD. Just put up a public room and you'll see. Discord is a high percentage of whales or alpha-gamers or whatever you want to call them - or at least they are more vocal (IMO, and said with love <3).

ALB, 3x Dios and "utility" can beat Linthia, Scarlet and Zaerog easily.

Linthia - 1 player needs poison/void, the other needs enhance/burst.

Scarlet - 1 player needs NON-GREEN poison/void, the other needs enhance/burst. There is an HP threshold which is a bit wooly because of rogue leveling mechanics.

Zaerog - 1 player needs poison/void, the other needs delay protected lazer. Some simple passing and active management is required.

These are generic requirements that everyone can bring.

The advanced version of Zaerog (for example) uses Jize!Ra and you don't need to pass. But not everyone has Jize!Ra, whereas everyone can delay protect a random lazer. Other Rogues need things like combo shields, damage nulls, SBRs etc and are not built from quite as easy template. SDRs is a bit more complicated, the easy side is 3 Dios and Godin, with all cards delay-protected. The other side is quite specific. Also, people are moving away from ALB onto some other OP bleach card equivalent ;)

Hope this helps, if you want more detail we can PM or I can run you through some Rogues.

MrPurple likes this.
  16. MrPurple

User ID:
    Massively appreciate that @Golden119. Thanks for the details on the three rogues listed there.

Also do agree to a point with you @Bluecheese - the game is... wait for it... a game. Games are for having fun. Right?! Mindblowing. But I want to achieve the next steps in my game journey and gaining SDR will help lots.

Ive just wizzed through Nordis solo with a fully sparkly Aizen team. Easy. Trouble is with discord and coop - if you are like me and want the 'best deals'- you feel obliged to conform to the big-time-players. I don't want to commit as much time as before especially to an element of the game that isnt fun.

Anyway. One last question. SDRs using SDR dungeon. Does the team need to be 297'd and how many SDRs do you need on each card? I have the ABL 297'd/Diosx3 range between 40-70+/Grodin is bare. Would it be worth buying SDRs to re-gain more? I know they were half price last event..

Bluecheese likes this.
  17. Golden119

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    SDR farm with ALB is very tight in places, I would recommend you hyper the full team.

You need 2 SDRs on every card to protect from the skill delay of the invade Tama. You can inherit long actives in lieu of SDR latents if you want.

HOWEVER of course if you want the "big-time" team it's now multiple Yamamoto or something. I can't comment on that as I have none, and I certainly wouldn't suggest opening a random room with ALB and hoping that someone with the correct team joins. Hypering 2-3 Dios is not a wasted investment in any case, and as a fallback the Godin can be inherited on something with a short CD and enough SBs, in some cases.

Call back when you have hypered the team :D

MrPurple likes this.
  18. MrPurple

User ID:
    Fine. This is my next target. I'll spend some stones to run ALB STTD like mad and 297 my dios. This will help Scarlet Desc too. Maybe I'll just buy 6 SDRs for my Dios next time they are half price (have 657K MP - never bought a thing). See if I can pick up one or two in latent dungeon too wont help either i guess - do people still do this dungeon?
    I have 2 SDR on Tsubaki and Pollux - both 7 turns with haste. Either of these be OK for Godin?

19. Golden119

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    People on and off discord will run the latent dungeon IMO.

Tsubaki and Pollux are not Green, so I would not recommend it, due to tightness of dungeon I mentioned earlier ;) I use Parvati!Godin, for example (even that's not ideal because only 1 SB, but many teams can handle it)

MrPurple likes this.
  20. MrPurple

User ID:
    Revo Parv it will be then. So I need 7 a least... 25K MP each. Just under 90K MP during next half price (if that will reoccur) will 'buy' me a ticket to ride then...