Dunamos' PAD Journey

Discussion in 'Blogs' started by Dunamos, Nov 28, 2015.

1. Dunamos

Dunamos Just zis guy, you know?

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I started playing 22 Aug 2015, with Pandora as my initial lead. Early on I used a Satsuki Attacker bi-color :dark:/:fire: mostly-farmable team to get through a lot of Normal and Technical content. My main teams are now :dark: Dark Athena (replacing A. Pandora/A. Luci/Yomigon), :water: Sara/You Yu, :earth: A. Liu Bei, and :fire: Tsubaki, and I've cleared quite a few descends. I made rank 600 on 9 Jan 2017 (day 507).

Next goals:
    • Increase my combo skill to hit 7 combos consistently
    • Build a light team: Ilm? Myr?
    • Beat Arena 1 and recent harder descends
    • Plus eggs and skillups to hypermax more cards (61 so far)

My IAP level might be described as "stall then burst". :) I don't roll collab REMs, or do YOLOs; I wait for pantheons I really want, intersecting with galas that match my colors, and then I roll lots. A lot of my IAP dollars have been from Google Opinion Rewards. I enjoy the challenge of making the most of farmables and what the REM has given me so far; I don't need to chase the "ideal team" to have fun.

I'm also an unapologetic collector. Part of the fun of the game for me is getting sets of things; I'd like to fill in as much of the "My Sets" section of my PADherder as I can. So I keep a pretty big monster box; I'll probably max-size it eventually.

Last edited: May 1, 2017
    Flaycrow likes this.
  2. Dunamos

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Here are all my REM pulls so far. Thanks @sunglassesmichael for the spreadsheets and @Verrous@PF for the script that makes these pretty!

Starting REM pull, 22 Aug 2015

:egg5:
    100%

New Cards:

0 duplicates
    0 MP earned.

New

13 REM rolls in Sep/Oct 2015 (didn't record dates)

:egg4::egg5:
    23.1%76.9%

New Cards:

1 duplicates
    6000 MP earned.

New; Sold
    New; Sold
    New
    New
    New
    New
    New
    New
    New
    DUP
    New
    New
    New

Godfest, 5 Elements & Indian 2, 10 Oct 2015

100%

New Cards:

0 duplicates
    0 MP earned.

New
    New

Rank 150 Memorial REM (didn't record date)

100%

New Cards:

0 duplicates
    0 MP earned.

New

Players' Choice Godfest, 29 Nov 2015

25.9%74.1%

Longest Gold Streak: 9
    New Cards:

4 duplicates
    5000 MP earned.

New
    New
    New
    New
    New
    New
    New
    New
    New
    New
    DUP
    New
    New
    New
    New
    New
    New
    New
    New
    New
    MP
    New
    New
    DUP
    New
    DUP
    New

Godfest, Heroes, 29 Feb 2016

15%85%

Longest Gold Streak: 11
    New Cards:

7 duplicates
    20000 MP earned.

New
    New
    New
    DUP
    New
    New
    MP
    New
    DUP
    New
    DUP
    New
    New
    New
    New
    DUP
    New
    MP
    DUP
    New

Godfest, Japanese 1, 19 Mar 2016

100%

Longest Gold Streak: 10
    New Cards:

2 duplicates
    5000 MP earned.

New
    New - MP
    New
    DUP
    New
    New
    New
    DUP
    New
    New

Rank 250 Memorial REM, 4 Apr 2016

100%

New Cards:

0 duplicates
    0 MP earned.

New

Godfest, 3K, 16 Apr 2016

5.6%94.4%

Longest Gold Streak: 10
    New Cards:

11 duplicates
    10000 MP earned.

DUP
    New
    DUP 2nd
    DUP
    DUP
    DUP 2nd
    DUP
    DUP
    New
    New
    DUP
    New
    New
    MP
    MP
    New
    New
    DUP

Godfest, Archdemons, 1 May 2016

20%80%

Longest Gold Streak: 5
    New Cards:

2 duplicates
    3000 MP earned.

MP
    New
    New
    New
    New
    DUP
    New
    New
    New
    New

Special One-Time Bargain Set Rare Egg Machine, 13 May 2016

100%

Longest Gold Streak: 1
    New Cards:

0 duplicates
    0 MP earned.

New

Godfest, Chinese, 16 May 2016

15.4%84.6%

Longest Gold Streak: 8
    New Cards:

13 duplicates
    25000 MP earned.

New
    New
    New
    New
    New
    DUP
    DUP
    New
    New
    New
    DUP 2nd
    DUP 2nd
    DUP 3rd
    DUP
    New
    New
    New
    DUP
    MP
    DUP
    MP
    New
    DUP
    MP
    DUP 4th
    New

Rank 150/250 Memorial REM reset, 8 Jun 2016

100%

Longest Gold Streak: 2
    New Cards:

0 duplicates
    0 MP earned.

New
    New

Godfest, Samurai and Norse, 1 Jul 2016

20%80%

Longest Gold Streak: 11
    New Cards:

14 duplicates
    18000 MP earned.

DUP
    DUP
    MP
    New
    MP
    New
    New
    DUP 2nd
    DUP
    MP
    MP
    New
    DUP
    New
    DUP
    DUP
    DUP
    DUP 2nd
    New
    DUP

Godfest, JP1 and Indian 2, 16 Jul 2016

11.1%88.9%

Longest Gold Streak: 9
    New Cards:

19 duplicates
    13000 MP earned.

DUP
    MP
    New
    MP
    New
    New
    DUP
    DUP
    New
    MP
    DUP
    DUP 2nd
    DUP 4th
    New
    DUP 2nd
    New
    New
    DUP 2nd
    DUP
    DUP 2nd
    DUP
    DUP
    New
    DUP 5th
    DUP
    DUP
    DUP 2nd

Last edited: Sep 29, 2016
  3. Dunamos

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Excluding the random Pandora-led team I used in the very early game, here are the teams that have gotten me to this point.

Attacker Dark/Fire TPA Team

This is the original mostly-farmable team that got me all the way up to SS/KotG and Hera's Castle in Normal, and through Mechdragons and the conditionals in Technical. I built up a sizable list of Attacker x2 HP friend leaders (, , , and also and ) that gave me a team in the 2/8/1 ballpark. The low RCV meant "kill fast or die" but with x7-x8.75 ATK that wasn't too hard.

I was lucky to get Laila from the REM, but the goblin and two demons have pretty good stats (even without eggs). I max-skilled the farmables but not the two REM cards (and I still haven't); usually I'd only use Rowdy and Laila to make fire, and maybe Satsuki or friend leader's at the end if the dungeon was long enough.

Lv. Max Lv. Max Lv. Max Lv. Max Lv. Max
    +39/+39/+39 +0/+3/+2 +0/+0/+0 +0/+1/+2 +0/+0/+0
    S Lv. 1 S Lv. Max S Lv. Max S Lv. 3 S Lv. Max

Seeking: ,

I have two Kagus and an Okuni now, and someday I'd like to come back to this team and fill it out with much better subs, and see what kind of punch a hypermaxed bi-color Attacker team can pack!

Light Healer Team

After I got my second LMeta from the REM, I started looking at my box and realized I had a few pretty good Healer subs. And when I heard about Awoken Ama I knew I had to try it. I got quite a ways with Angelion and Rei Sirius, but have finally gotten some better REM cards. So this is my go-to tanky/stall farming team now (paired with A. Ama):

Hypermax Hypermax Lv. Max Hypermax Hypermax Lv. Max Lv. Max Hypermax
    +99/+99/+99 +99/+99/+99 +39/+39/+39 +99/+99/+99 +99/+99/+99 +4/+4/+4 +39/+39/+39 +99/+99/+99
    S Lv. Max S Lv. Max S Lv. 3 S Lv. Max S Lv. Max S Lv. 3 S Lv. Max S Lv. Max

Seeking: , ,

Dark Devil Team

Even though I didn't know much about the game, I was glad that Pandora was my first pull; I was interested in dark and devil monsters early on. So I gradually worked on a Pandora team that could beat KotG (using JDDJ and Vampire Duke, paired with Lu Bu).

And then Awoken Pandora was released, and I got another Pandora from a Heroes godfest! So I've ended up with one of the best teams in the current meta… lucky me! I'm clearing a lot of descends, challenges, and other content I couldn't before. With the recent Pandora superuvo and Zuoh ult, this is how the team looks now:

Hypermax Hypermax Hypermax Hypermax Lv. Max Hypermax Hypermax Lv. Max
    +99/+99/+99 +99/+99/+99 +99/+99/+99 +99/+99/+99 +39/+39/+39 +99/+99/+99 +99/+99/+99 +3/+2/+0
    S Lv. Max S Lv. Max S Lv. Max S Lv. Max S Lv. 2 S Lv. Max S Lv. Max S Lv. 1

Seeking: , ,

Last edited: May 24, 2016
  4. Dunamos

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Teams and Mini Strategy Guides:

Last edited: Oct 22, 2016
  5. Dunamos

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    reserved: future

6. Dunamos

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Today I beat Extreme King Metal Dragon for the first time! This is the first significant thing I've beaten with my Healer team, that I wasn't able to with my Attacker or other teams. Here's the team I used:

Lv. 89 Lv. Max Lv. 90 Lv. 70 Lv. Max Lv. Max
    +39/+39/+39 +0/+0/+0 +0/+0/+0 +0/+0/+0 +0/+0/+0 +99/+99/+99
    S Lv. 1 S Lv. 1 S Lv. 1 S Lv. Max S Lv. Max S Lv. Max

The strategy I used: Stall on floors 1 and 3, saving 2x2 light orbs in the lower-left and -right corners, and trying to save 2x2 heal orbs in the lower-middle. On floors 2 and 4, you only need one 4-orb light combo, one 3-orb light combo, and one other combo -- and A. Ama then kills the two kings herself with TPA. (Don't use any skills on floor 4.) On floor 5, first make sure you're at 100% HP, then use KoR to break his DEF to 375K, King Shynee to spike x3, Angelion and Valk to make lots of light orbs... LMeta and A. Ama then have no problem getting above 375K (plus they have light advantage).

There's something cool about Valk farming her own evo mat. :)

Last edited: Dec 13, 2015
    Ovine likes this.
  7. Dunamos

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    This has been the Week of the Naga Hunt. My "big" Echidna went an amazing 5/7 on skillups, the last one coming at the beginning of this event. I've been running Christmas Dungeon and now today (Saturday) Scarlet Snake Princess (x2 Drop) pretty much exclusively this week, using all natural stamina and a few stones for stamina restores. I had a few nice things like this happen:

[​IMG]

But all told I had to run Xmas Dungeon Master 34 times to get 14 Nagas, and SSP Expert 39 times to get 21 Nagas... and then my "little" Echidna went 5/34 on skillups, that's only 14.7%. Ugh! But now finally both C.L.M. Echidna and plain Echidna are max skilled. Very, very glad it's finally done. (The "little" Echidna is for my low-cost Physical team vs. Tengu dungeon.)

Christmas Dungeon was well worth it though: 13K experience per Master run, lots of pengdras to skill up my cards, and Xmas Hera drops to use as future Gravity skillups. I will probably spend the rest of this weekend's stamina on it to close out the event. My team wasn't quite up to beating SuperBlessed for the stone... next year!

8. Dunamos

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    This thread asked for a screen shot of earliest monsters, which turned into a little trip down memory lane for me:

[​IMG]

• To my embarrassment, this view reminds me that I fused away my starter dragon (). I made so many ignorant mistakes in my first few weeks playing, before I sought out guides and the forums.
    • was my starting REM pull. She was advertised as harder to start with, but I really enjoyed using her for the earliest content. She'll be my first hypermax, just 'cause.
    • was my first lucky boss drop. She (evo'd to ) and and the other carbuncles got me through a lot of early content.
    • was the first boss drop I got by running a dungeon again and again and again, vs. terrible drop rates. I wanted his big HP to make my early team a little tankier.
    • You can see 4/5 of the knights (later barons) here; they were also staples of my early team. I got them all skilled to max. and used their DEF break very often.
    • Eventually I started to hit the wall with my random Pandora rainbow team. Forum user @hoyun pointed out ; I didn't even realize how good she was. So I built a mostly-farmed Attacker team; it took me a long time to max-lv. and max-skill it, but that team took me a long, long way in Normal and Technical. You can see all but one of that team in this screen shot: , , , , and (just missing from screenshot) .

9. Dunamos

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    [Rank 226, Day 133]

I've been using the current event's x3 +egg chance and extra Revenge of the Gold Dragons urgent dungeons to keep leveling up my LMeta team. I have two blue snow globes now (and won't have a water team for a long time), so I decided to feed one off-color to Indra... and I got a GREAT which nearly maxed him.

The team's numbers looked good enough to try Hera's castle, and I cleared it first time (no continues)! This is the first dungeon approaching descended-level difficulty that I've cleared.

[​IMG]

The team (the A. Ama is @foxwaffles):

Lv. Max Lv. 97 Lv. Max Lv. Max Lv. Max Lv. Max
    +39/+39/+39 +1/+0/+1 +39/+39/+39 +0/+0/+0 +3/+2/+0 +99/+99/+99
    S Lv. 1 S Lv. 1 S Lv. 1 S Lv. Max S Lv. Max S Lv. Max

Strategy: No active skills before F10. Stall on Minerva (or Neptune at the latest) for Indra to be ready. On F8, tank Neptune's hit if needed, and heal back with hearts. On F9, do enough damage in 5 turns to kill Hades before he hits. On F10, use Indra if it's a bad board (can easily autoheal each turn); otherwise, go right for the SQ-Angelion-Valk spike.

I ended up not needing Indra (I'm sure he'll be useful in other dungeons). This dungeon is easily farmable for me now.

Once the x2.5 skillup chance returns, I can use all those Xmas Heras I saved to skill up my new .

Last edited: Jan 2, 2016
    foxwaffles and Ovine like this.
  10. foxwaffles

foxwaffles Weak to pretty boys

PADherder:
    link
    Congratulations!!!! That's a huge milestone! Be proud! Good luck with your skill ups!

Dunamos likes this.
  11. Dunamos

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    [Rank 227, Day 134]

Using the same LMeta team as above, I cleared The Heroes' Hideout easily. (Of course I got the Berserk, which I already have 3 of thanks to the orb-changer PAL. Well, should be easy to get Highlander later, for a Cu Chu for my Bastet team.)

Then I looked at Weekend Legend again. This one I obviously can't use my LMeta team for. :) I put together this little Frankenteam (my Attacker team with a few changes), and beat it for the stone!

Lv. Max Lv. Max Lv. Max Lv. Max Lv. Max Lv. Max
    +39/+39/+39 +0/+3/+2 +0/+2/+0 +0/+0/+2 +3/+2/+0 +51/+45/+48
    S Lv. 1 S Lv. Max S Lv. Max S Lv. 3 S Lv. Max S Lv. 5

Strategy: Delay! :) Echidna delay and mass attacks on the F5 masks. SQ delay (and Echidna/SQ ATK boost) on F9. Cao Cao delay (and to-Fr orb changes) on F10.

The only tricky bit was floors that had double water Carbuncle/Chimera (since this is a fire-heavy team)... and of course I got three of those. This team has very little RCV but I managed to heal up enough to survive anyway.

Now I have 2 more stones to refresh stamina when running OoH for +eggs today!

Last edited: Jan 2, 2016
    foxwaffles likes this.
  12. Dunamos

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    [Rank 233, Day 138]

Yesterday I did a lot of careful damage calculation and planning, and today my LMeta team 0-stoned Wednesday Legend on the first try! I'm not at the point where farming this is a no-brainer... but now I do have a way to clear it fairly reliably, if I'm careful and not too unlucky. I need lots of Ancient Blue and Green Sacred Masks, especially green for Zuoh skillups before that rotates again.

[​IMG]

The team (100% SBR):

Lv. Max Lv. Max Lv. Max Lv. 53 Lv. Max Lv. Max
    +39/+39/+39 +1/+1/+1 +39/+39/+39 +2/+1/+0 +0/+0/+0 +99/+99/+99
    S Lv. 1 S Lv. 1 S Lv. 1 S Lv. 1 S Lv. 3 S Lv. Max

Strategy: F1, one light TPA combo sweeps the floor (team can tank and heal to wait for 4 light orbs, if needed). F2 and F3, mass light attacks plus a few blue and green combos, before they hit (can use Rei Sirius on F3 to guarantee one set of 5 light orbs). F4, one light TPA combo kills the evo masks; then ping the mystic down while stalling for all skills. F5: While pinging the green mask down, set up the bottom two rows as 2x2 light, 2x2 heart, 2x2 light. When the green mask dies and the blue mask charges, use Indra for safety, Rei Sirius for 3 extra light orbs, Valk to make the bottom rows all light, and Shynee for 3x burst. Then just make one light TPA combo, and one other combo, and the damage will one-shot the blue mask.

I ended up getting 6 combos in the final one-shot, rather than the necessary 3, so four cards hit for over 1M each.

bee and Ovine like this.
  13. Dunamos

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    [Rank 247, Day 147]

GH announced a new event starting today, having x2 drops in coin dungeons for the first time. They had also announced coin dungeons were going to rotate tomorrow. So I realized today was the best time to hit Light Insect Dragon hard for Rei Sirius skillups; there are a few dungeons where having her up on turn 1 to guarantee 5 light orbs (and getting to use her more later) makes success a lot more predictable. So:

• Hour 1: 15 runs dropped 10 monsters, went 1/10 for skillup :(
    • Hour 2: 17 runs dropped 11 monsters, went 1/11 for skillup :banghead:
    • Hour 3: 17 runs dropped 15 monsters, went 2/8 for skillup, leaving 7 extras :shifty:

Well... at least it's done, though it took more time/coins/stones/etc. than I'd hoped during an x2.5 event. There were some unexpected bonuses: 7 Cuaton drops giving 1 skillup for my Indra, and a TON of Shiny Pengdras which (with a few PAL enhances) max leveled Rei... I figured it was her day. So the result:

[​IMG]

Lots of people rag on the wizards, but they've been good to me; and Rei with her two TPAs, 1 SBR, and orb change has been a great card on my LMeta team... now she's even better.

EDIT P.S. I ran Wednesday Ancient Sacred Mask today Jan 20, and beat it 10/10 runs. Skilling up Rei was a great investment; having her AS up on turn 1, and faster on floors 2 and 3, has made this dungeon so much more reliable to clear!

Last edited: Jan 20, 2016
  14. Dunamos

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    [Rank 250, Day 148]

Metalit helped get me to rank 250 today! I'm pretty happy with where my box is at, though you can see a few "not quites" here: I'm 4 ATK eggs short of hypermaxing Pandora, and a little monster exp short of getting my Vamp fully awoken and to D/B uevo. Current goal is getting my Dark/Devil team to the point where I can beat KotG.

[​IMG]

15. Dunamos

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    [Rank 250, Day 148]

[Forgot to post this yesterday:] My first hypermax! Pandora was my starting REM roll, and I wanted her to be the first hypermax; also because she's about to help me beat KotG.

[​IMG]

unlimitedx, Ovine and bee like this.
  16. Dunamos

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    [Rank 252, Day 149]

THE KING IS DEAD! First clear of King of the Gods.

[​IMG]

It turned out I could have done this sooner; I took my time leveling the team up:

Hypermax Lv. Max Lv. Max Lv. 45 Lv. 82 Lv. Max
    +99/+99/+99 +39/+39/+39 +0/+0/+0 +0/+2/+0 +0/+0/+0 +279
    S Lv. Max S Lv. 2 S Lv. 2 S Lv. 4 S Lv. Max S Lv. ?

Strategy: Hanzo for F8 Tiamat. JDDJ+Vamp for F9 CDD. Zuoh+Pandora+LuBu for F10 Zeus.

bee likes this.
  17. Dunamos

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    [Rank 263, Day 159]

Cleared my first real descend on the first try! I didn't think my first would be Sandalphon (thought it would be Valkyrie or Athena) but this is the one that came up first on the schedule that I was pretty sure I could beat.

[​IMG]

The team: (EDIT: Here's the team and strategy I now use.)

+
    Hypermax Hypermax Hypermax +297, Slv. 4 Hypermax Hypermax

Strategy:
    • F1: Kill fast with TPAs.
    • F2: Stall for all skills up (easy), then kill without using skills.
    • F3: Don't use Valk here.
    • F4: Can use Valk's inherited SQ to boost damage and give 2 more turns to kill Raphael.
    • F5: Get him just below 50% (aided by all the light orbs he makes), then stall for 3 turns above 30%. When subs have 7 turns of bind left, fire LMeta, A. Ama, Sandal, orb changers, and burst for easy win.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2016
    bee likes this.
  18. Dunamos

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    [Rank 264, Day 160]

Cleared Athena descend (coin dungeon) on the first try; ridiculously easy with A. Ama.

[​IMG]

I brought Echidna but I didn't really need her (next time, bring Rei for Lt orb change):

Lv. Max Lv. Max Lv. Max Lv. Max Lv. Max Lv. Max
    +39/+39/+39 +0/+3/+0 +39/+39/+39 +0/+0/+0 +3/+2/+2 +99/+99/+99
    S Lv. Max S Lv. Max S Lv. 2 S Lv. Max S Lv. Max S Lv. Max

Strategy: F1: Kill before "0" (easy). F2/F3: Whatever; nothing can kill you with A. Ama autoheal. F4: Start wearing her down. Match hearts whenever she uses "Storm Punisher" multi-hit (A. Ama autoheal not quite enough). When "The end is nigh!" (15%), fire remaining AS to burst and finish her off.

19. Dunamos

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    [Rank 273, Day 168]

My second hypermax! I know LMeta isn't the hottest card around, but she leads my main farming team, and will stay useful as an unbindable bind-clear sub. But mainly, she stays in my "current" slot, and it's good for PAL points to have hypermaxes visible.

[​IMG]

bee and Ovine like this.
  20. Dunamos

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    [Rank 280, Day 172]

Last Friday I attempted Sky Prison - Mythical a couple of times with my usual team, subbing in Echidna and Lilith which are both max-skilled now. I wasn't able to clear it; I'm going to need a lot more +eggs, and better combo skill, for the final burst.

But today, I was able to beat Keeper of the Gold for the first time! I doubled up on ATK x2 AS for the final floor, and took advantage of water's strength against KoG's fire half. Now that my Rei Sirius and Valk are both max-skilled, I can generate a lot more light orbs when needed. Staying out of the 25% zone on R/G/B is trickier than I thought; this team does a lot of damage with just one 3-orb light combo and a few others.

[​IMG]

The team (UPDATED Jun 2016):

Hypermax Hypermax Hypermax Hypermax Hypermax Hypermax

Strategy:
    • F1-F3: This team can tank their normal *and* <25% rage hit, so just kill whenever. (Use DQ AS early so it'll be ready again for F6.)
    • F4-F5: The tricky floors; must stay out of the bigger <25% rage zone. Turn 1 = clear non-useful orbs and heal, turn 2 = hit hard at x14, turn 3 = decision: If >25% but can't kill him, don't make a match (swap 2 same-color orbs), tank the normal hit, and repeat. Remember light's advantage against Keeper of Dark! Ensure all AS ready when entering F6.
    • F6: Including SQ's 2 turns of delay, you have 6-7 turns to do 7M damage. Time the AS strategically to have as many Fr/Dk/Ht orbs on the board as possible during 2-turn ATK x2. Remember that full team health gives a better ATK multiplier than 50-99% does (14x vs. 10.5x).

Last edited: Jun 7, 2016