Dunamos' PAD Journey

Discussion in 'Blogs' started by Dunamos, Nov 28, 2015.

1. Dunamos

Dunamos Just zis guy, you know?

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    [Rank 575 Day 428]

Easy clear of Takemikazuchi with YY and SQ for the stone... and I only noticed now (based on damage) that I must not have gotten sparkles on the kill shot... d'oh! :oops: I still do that far too often (especially failing to check Nut's column).

[​IMG]

Strategy:
    • F2: Stall 1 turn to let the blue skyfall happen.
    • F4: Must kill on the 2nd turn.
    • F5: Fire SQ; 1 turn to clear non-Wt locked orbs, then orb changers and kill shot, and finally ping for the last 1 HP.

RageSedai likes this.
  2. Dunamos

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    [Rank 581 Day 444]

This happened on Monday... a little bit of encouragement that my comboing skills are slowly improving as I force myself to use them. I wasn't even expecting this S-rank, I was just clearing for the stone, and it showed up out of the blue. I'm kinda proud of that 7.1 average combo! Some of it was skyfall, but it was only at the end I realized that making as many combos as I can is slowly becoming part of even my "mindless" play. I am finding myself making 6 combos more often without stressing.

[​IMG]

(Of course I'm playing Sara and YY a lot, and those have lots of fingers... it's a different story with my Arena 1 Luci team!)

Freddyfudrucker likes this.
  3. Dunamos

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    [Rank 616 Day 619]

As you can see from my postings here, I've hardly been playing PAD for the last several months... got bored. But I was in touch with the news just enough to hear about DAthena, so I've been slowly preparing for her. And at last, she's here! Perhaps this will remotivate me.

[​IMG]

Sadly I have no Ryune (been chasing her for a long time for my water teams, with no success), and my R. Loki isn't ready yet (out of snow globes), but this is a pretty good team to start with!

+ + +
    Hyper Hyper Hyper Hyper Hyper Hyper

Above screenshot shows 7-combo :dark:-TPA damage; Pandora and Durga don't contribute as much, obviously, but they do have 3 fingers between them, which I'm going to need to get 7 combos consistently. I would like to use this team to force myself to get better at increasing my combo count.

Last edited: May 1, 2017
    Ovine and foxwaffles like this.
  4. foxwaffles

foxwaffles Weak to pretty boys

PADherder:
    link
    I saw your DAthena, congrats! I just bought mine as well, however she's only 7/9 from awakenings. Once my stamina's back she'll be ready to use except for inheritance/latents. I have so many people with Force on their Athenas, so I don't want to join them and give them an un-useful DAthena, but at the same time it's not like I have Fujin or a gemstone :\

My team is DAthena / RHaku / RPersephone / RLoki / bankaiPandora :> I find Loki to be better than Durga.

Dunamos likes this.
  5. Dunamos

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Excellent! Now I have at least two BFs with DAthena. (Actually my friend list has exploded with them so it's not like I'll ever lack a friend leader!)

Yeah, I have no Fujin either, and my only gemstone is Cameo which isn't gonna do it. Force was kind of the default choice. And I will definitely replace Durga^Muse with Loki, once I have him revo'd and maxed... I used all my snow globes on DAthena and the two R. Hakus.

foxwaffles likes this.
  6. Dunamos

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    [Rank 614 Day 596] [back-post]

Something I meant to post a few weeks ago when it happened: This is about as far as I could get with Team Challenge stars in Technical, before the reset happens.

[​IMG]

ainvar and foxwaffles like this.
  7. Dunamos

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    [Rank 616 Day 619]

Looking at my dungeon list today, I noticed I never bothered to clear Hera Rush with coop etc. Decided to roll DAthena over it:

[​IMG]

On Mythical Plus, I got the 7-combo with heal when it counted, after DQ's preemptive (shown in screen shot)... a few of the other floors *cough* didn't go as well :oops:, but this team so tanky! That 4x RCV is just magically good after gravities etc.

8. Dunamos

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    [Rank 624 Day 642]

I DID IT!

[​IMG]

Thanks @foxwaffles for your guide with the "pitfalls". Friend DAthena^Fujin and my Durga^Muse (all-God team; this is my best spike skill). Tonight was the first time I ever got to the Kali floor... first time I left a sliver and died to the 5% rage, but second time it was enough. Even got a Badpy (always the one I'm most in need of).

9. foxwaffles

foxwaffles Weak to pretty boys

PADherder:
    link
    Congratulations!! I'm so glad my guide was helpful to you! ^-^

Nothing is more infuriating to me than getting Lifive and Beelzebub in the same run (or, even worse, Sopdet, Parvati, Lifive, AND Beelzebub) :angelic: I have so far gotten Lifive, Beelzebub, and Sopdet, but not all four, and thank goodness (although DAth can stall pretty indefinitely on Parvati).

David@PF and Dunamos like this.
  10. cjo

cjo Well-Known Member

Congrats on your first Arena clear!

Dunamos likes this.
  11. David@PF

David@PF Well-Known Member

User ID:
    Available Upon Request
    Your team looks great, @Dunamos. To be honest, it looks like you can be able to clear a3 with that team and farm a1 easily.

I would recommend trying a3 in coop, I think you'll find it's pretty easy with your team :D

Dunamos likes this.
  12. Dunamos

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    [Rank 630 Day 660]

[​IMG] :dark:

Can I just say how utterly sick and tired I am of Star Justice? What a total shit dungeon. Honestly it's worthy of a @ViewtifulGene-level rant.

I decided this weekend I'd better take the opportunity to get the two arms and two legs. (I'm not ready for Annihilation-level content like Demonius yet.) Motivation for this game can sometimes come from little quests like this.

Cosmo Crusader, Liberty Geist, and Deus ex Machina were easy for DAthena... with a little team tweaking, I got in an easy rhythm, could complete them 100%, and the body parts dropped pretty quickly.

Not Star Justice. Not only is it full of speed bumps and barriers, it took the longest to drop, of course. I went with this team:

+ + +
    Hyper Hyper Hyper Hyper Max Lv Hyper

Strategy:
    • F1 (1a): Try to get him under 50% but not to 1%: 3-orb :dark: combo plus 4 more non-:water: combos. If you accomplish the impossible, :dark:/:water: kill.
    • F1 (1b): Otherwise, use his combo shield to heal him just a bit (e.g. one :fire: TPA does it), wait for 3t to expire while stalling 1-combos, then :dark:/:water: kill.
    • F2: Jize^Ra negates the time penalty. Take 2 turns to heal and :dark:/:water: kill. (5th hit is fatal.)
    • F3: Jize.
    • F4: Easy :dark:/:water: kill.
    • F5: (10% rage zone): DAthena delay. Can actually kill him with the sub colors if you happen to hit hard enough! [:fire:/:water: TPAs, 7c.] Otherwise ride out :dark: absorb, and kill when gone.
    • F6: RHaku^Typhon to do :heart: + :dark:/:water: kill.
    • F7: (15% rage zone): Take a few turns to get him <50% (3-orb :dark: & :water: plus a few more will do it) and get RHaku back up. Then RHaku and :dark:/:water: kill.

I count 24 bosses in my box, which means I ran it at least 48 times, probably more; my completion rate is 50% at best. I'm just not good enough yet at damage control, specifically placing orbs to be sure they won't match.

And no Another Justice drop for my box as a consolation prize.

Ideally I'd have gotten two complete sets of parts, but there is no way. I'm so tired... like, four skilled Zeus-Dios, dark dogs for Akechi-level tired.

David@PF likes this.
  13. ViewtifulGene

ViewtifulGene Mostly Retired. Still A Lazy Shit.

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Don't tell anyone this, but I will still check PMs on Discord. I can farm Justice with you if you want sometime. I have Odindrag so Homura is no longer cancer. I need another set of limbs for Despharion's brother, who is currently just a head.

Can run pretty much any lead besides Anubis. Personally, I like MAthena for this. But I have basically all the MP leads and shit.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2017
    Dunamos likes this.