[Dungeon] Hera-Is Descended - Discussion

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, and Dungeon Strategies' started by Atinuviel, Mar 20, 2013.

1. Atinuviel

Atinuviel New Member

Thought I should just start one now, since it'll eventually come over? (Someone else can start the Goemon and the Valkyrie dungeons!)

To begin with: here are some relevant information:

1. The dungeon has 2 levels: Legend and Ultra-Legend. I'll speak generally in terms of Legend for this topic. Braver folks than I can venture further.
    2. Legend-level has a ~40% droprate, so beware if you decide to invest stones into the fight.

Now, some dungeon facts:
    1. There are 6 levels in the dungeon
    2. All enemies in the dungeons are either Water or Dark monsters
    3. It's a Technical Dungeon, so Resolve teams won't work. (Green Odin to a certain degree, more on that later)

Legend Enemies Numbers:
    Level 1:
    Frost Hell Demon: Attacks for 3583 every turn. (Has skill that does ~6500 damage, and can bind Wood Type)
    Dark Hell Demon: Attacks for 3757 every turn. (Has skill that does ~6800 damage, and can bind Light Type)

Level 2:
    One of either: (Both have ~700000 health?)
    Water Skydragon: 6925 damage every 2 turns. (Has skill that repeatedly hits and add to 14542 damage.)
    Dark Skydragon: 5159 damage every turn. (Has skill that repeatedly hits and add to 9288 damage)

Level 3:
    Ultimate Evil Dragon Helheim: 9961 damage every 2 turns. (Has skill that repeatedly hits for 22413 damage, and can obscure the field)
    - Has 445930 health.

Level 4:
    Ice Mecha Dragon Aldebran: 7000 every 2 turns. (~507360 health)
    Skills:
    - Self-Repair
    - Repeatedly hits for 14700 damage
    - Charged Attack for 21000 damage

Level 5:
    One of either: (Both move every 2 turns)
    Chaos Blizzard Dragon: Doesn't attack normally and will only use skills. (534394 health)
    Skills:
    - Open Mouth (Always use 1st turn)
    - Chaos Beam -51688 damage
    Chaos Devil Dragon: Doesn't attack normally and will only use skills. (695833 health)
    Skills:
    - Open Mouth (Always use 1st turn)
    - Chaos Beam - 66444 damage.

Level 6:
    Hera-Is/Hera-Ice
    - Attacks for 15136 damage every turn
    Skills
    - Frozen Casket: Binds 5 randomly chosen monsters (Will use only once)
    - Crystal Casket: Binds 3 randomly chosen monsters
    - The Goddess's Trick: Change 2 randomly chosen orbs into useless blocks
    - Frozen Strike: Repeatedly attacks for 18164 damage.

Anyway here are the facts

2. Atinuviel

Atinuviel New Member

RE: Hera-Ice: Dungeon Strategy Topic

Seeing as only Dark and Ice exist in the dungeon, you could conceivably use a duo Dark Abyss Neptune/Drawn Joker team to go through the dungeon. (With the exception of Chaos Blizzard Dragon, who has 6500 armor, all the other monsters seem to have negligible armor.)

Should you go with this strategy, the absolute health threshold is ~16611 health to survive Chaos Dark Dragon's attack.

Another strategy is going with Green Odin + Abyss Neptune/Drawn Joker, which also allow you to survive the hit with the absolute threshold being ~6650 health. The downside is, of course, the other monsters will hit harder in comparison. But you can absolutely grind through the dungeon with this kind of team and is probably the "cheapest" team.

Other type of teams rely on berserking the dungeon, with something like the 36x Ra, 16x Horus, 9x Zeus kind of teams. Having utility skills like Ultra Gravity, Keeper's shield move, Orochi/Echidna's turn increasing move can of course only help.

http://zh.pad.wikia.com/wiki/%E3%83%98%E3%83%A9%C2%B7%E3%82%A4%E3%83%BC%E3%82%B9%E9%99%8D%E8%87%A8%EF%BC%81
    ^This website, although in chinese, has the teams that went through the dungeon in Legend near the bottom of the page. Mix and match, and good luck hunting!

3. Khd2

Khd2 New Member

For the Odin/Neptune strat u said it is around 6700 hp threshold. Did u account for that after a burst hit u loose the Odin damage reeducation after the first shot?

4. stickx

stickx Member

Sounds nuts.

5. Atinuviel

Atinuviel New Member

AFAIK the Chaos Blizzard Dragon/Chaos Devil Dragon's skill is a single strong hit.

But in looking back, I forgot to take the Helheim's skill into account. So a quick calculation give me that you'd need 9000+ health to survive his hit.

6. Toddlajoie

Toddlajoie Active Member

Ouch... One left standing!!!

7. radav

radav Member

Cool... I can actually field a couple of those teams. I'm guessing I just need to pump some XP into my stuff to shore up the HP requirements.

8. TheTeacher

TheTeacher Heroes/Evolve buddies wanted! Staff Member

After reviewing the numbers and from my previous experience in Hera Descended, I'd have to say the CDD/Odin strategy, while easy to use, is probably not the easiest thing to achieve. Took me 12 stones to clear her, and only half of those were my own mistakes.

All things considered, I'll probably SEVERELY pump my Dark team and my (brand new, thanks a ton, Godfest, /eyeroll) Drawn Joker. Him and someone's Neptune for a lead will give me 75% resists to all colors in the dungeon.

Unfortunately, my current team of [DJlead](Hera, S5*, Rkeepx2) only totals out to 10,300 health exactly.

Not even the most juiced DANep can flesh out the remaining numbers, so I have some farming to do. My Hera has a lot of room yet to grow, as does DJ and Siren. I'm loathe to abandon her considering she has almost 700 RCV at level 53, and is skillmaxed, and I remember how much FUN Hera was with Siren still only at level 3. A constant starvation for those cute pink orbs.

Suggestions?

I could run DJ/Odin again, but probably end up forking over a lot more stones. Suggestions on alternate team members? I would like to avoid bringing Light or Wood types thanks to getting bound up tighter than an S&M fetishist on his birthday.

9. RicKula

RicKula New Member

For Green Odin + Blue & Dark Resist, the absolute threshold is 10290
    since the Blue Mech Dragon can possibly hit repeatedly up to 5 times, each with damage 4900. So it goes 490 + 4* (4900/2) = 10290.

This is probably the only team I can afford... I am also thinking to put wind elemental to prevent (100%) dying from Ice Hera first blinding...

10. YellowG

YellowG Active Member

I was under the impression that repeated hits would mean that Odin only blocks the first hit, but when I did Friday expert, I was against 2 mini-lits and a dub-lit.

The two mini-lits hit me, then the dub-lit, but Odin reduced damage from the dub-lit. Wasn't paying attention to the damage the little -lits did, but am I correct in guessing that Odin will reduce the biggest hit if hit multiple times in one turn?

(totally off topic but meh lol)

11. Fluffles

Fluffles Radio-Reactive Member

The AI will make Odin absorb the biggest hit only if you will die otherwise, if you're going to be okay after then it will make you eat all of them from left to right.

12. YellowG

YellowG Active Member

Welllll... Was sitting at a comfortable 8k health margin above what the dub-lit would have hit. Interesting, considering the dub-lit was on the right. Huh...

Anyways, back to Hera-Ice! :p

13. savorybeetle

savorybeetle Member

Uh...are you sure about that Fluffles? It always seemed to me that Odin's shield occasionally kicked in for multiple hits as long as the initial ones were small. This suggested to me that if you're above some % of total health (say 99%), the shield works. I'm fairly sure I've died eating a demon + ogre hit a while back going through levels and not paying attention.

14. Fluffles

Not sure what you mean by that savory, but what I meant was that it doesn't always take the biggest hit for you if you're not going to die, it sure hasn't for me the few times I tried to test it. For example, 2 small devils hitting 1000 each and 1 big devil hitting 3000, 80% reduction won't always take the 3000 but take the 1000s instead. I haven't really been in situations where I'd die though, so I'm going off a FB post from 2 days ago saying that the AI will try to attack in a way that gives you the best chance of survival.

Here's a case with resolve: the devil and knight in first stage syncs after a few turns, but the devil will hit first and leaves enough HP for resolve to kick in before the knight hits.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sajGlS_XNP4

15. savorybeetle

savorybeetle Member

(wow, my initial post was a garbled mess)

What I mean is that I don't believe that there is any AI that corrects for which hit the Odin shield reduces when they're coming at the same time. For example, today, a devil and an ogre lined up their hits when I wasn't paying attention. The devil hit first and broke Odin's shield, and the ogre hit was not reduced in any way. I died from the combination of hits. Had the ogre's hit been reduced by 80% instead of the devil's, I would have survived.

Maybe the AI didn't kick in because the ogre's hit wasn't enough alone to kill me. Do you have a link to that FB post?

(btw, I actually believe resolve and the Odin shield work using similar mechanics. For perseverance: if HP > 50%, if a hit takes you below 0HP, set HP at 1. For Odin: if HP > 99%, reduce hits by 80%)

16. Fluffles

I completely missed the search button, here's the link to the post

https://www.facebook.com/groups/PADGlobal/permalink/446870688725437/?comment_id=447124728700033&offset=0&total_comments=35

17. savorybeetle

savorybeetle Member

Interesting post. I wonder if it only applies to the Viper/Odin leader combo, because I definitely died yesterday because the Odin's shield didn't take the largest hit :p.

18. Ta||onSS

Ta||onSS Active Member

As far as I have seen, the attacks come strictly from left to right. There have been many times where ogre has hit after a lesser mob causing me to to die or to at least take a 14k hit. This happened just yesterday. I remember it vividly because I contemplated using a stone to continue a run in which 2 +'s and a king dragon had dropped in starlit sanctuary. I grabbed the wrong orb so I didn't do enough damage to kill a white devil. That pink hair bastard hit me for ~600 then the armor ogre splattered me against the stars. There are numerous other occasions where the same has happened to me. Which is part of the reason I've stopped subscribing to the "kill all the demons and devils first" philosophy.

And as far as how your attacks are applied, the game pays no attention to the number of turns until a mob attacks or how frequently it will attack.

The first (and apparently only priority placed) monster the game will attack for you is the monster with the highest attack. It seems to also apply attacks to monsters that have already been damaged. If all the monsters are the same, say 4 blue chimeras, the default for your monsters is also left to right.

19. Unknown_PC

Unknown_PC Well-Known Member

PADherder:
    link

The HK friend system actually has a page where it contains user-submitted parties that cleared Hera-Is and how many stones used. It can give you a pretty good idea about some of the comps used.

http://pad.skyozora.com/team.php

Search for 緊急活動地下城 (3) -> ヘラ‧イース降臨!(7) -> 地獄級 (2) for the hell/legendary entries

20. Fluffles

Maxed skill Echidna everywhere :(