[Dungeon] Updated Strategy for Taking on Hera with an Odin/Resist Team

Discussion in 'Archived Guides' started by Misa, Jun 5, 2013.

1. pikachu221

pikachu221 New Member

instead of wotn, can i use aqua knight? also is drawn joker ok to replace cdd?
    and i dont think i need the awakenings. i already have 5 skills to save myself in a mistake and im ok with matching heart orbs every turn (the 5 skills are godins heal, siren, drawn joker, the two rainbow keepers)

2. LuneSave

LuneSave The sky is closer in the city above, right?

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Drawn joker is fairly good, except you lose an early game nuke. Howver. with Aqua Knight, you'll be waiting till you're nukes come up because you're damage can't take it. It'd take pretty long.

Can you consistently make 4-5 combos'? You need the heart refresh. Awakenings are a godsend cuz sometimes you just dont get the heal orbs.

3. pikachu221

pikachu221 New Member

4-5 combos are childs play to me actually (dont want to brag lol)

what do you mean by "Howver. with Aqua Knight, you'll be waiting till you're nukes come up because you're damage can't take it. It'd take pretty long."?

4. LuneSave

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I think I'm going insane.

5. pikachu221

pikachu221 New Member

so do i forget about what you said?

and can a ripper replace a keeper of rainbow?

6. LuneSave

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    First, do you hit the HP threshold with ripper in place? I'd take a ripper over a Keeper, but not if it kills me. Awoken heals are really nice though, saves a lot of time by not having to think about every move. How would you use Aqua Knight? If you use it on neptune, that's still 36k damage or so that have have to do in a turn.

1 mistake costs you. Orb trolling will also cost you.

7. chesukin

chesukin New Member

Hi Misa, as a fairly low leveled player of PAD (around rank 70) , I'm finding myself plateauing in power, after being able to clear all the dungeons up to Oceanus with ease with a Karin lead. Lately I've resorted to Vamp RK RK CDD Friend Luci teams lol. I'm looking foward to try to clear Hera in hopes that getting a Dark sub with gravity might make progress easier ( and get some better subs ;A; )

Currently I posses a EoS (level 2 skill...I've been farming goblins all week and still no skill ups), Fortoytops, and a Pierdrawn just waiting for the Dub-mythlit to get evoed as heartmakers. I also have a 30ish CDD (one awakening), which will also probably be much higher leveled soon.

Hopefully by the time Hera rolls around again, they will all be mid 40-50s.

I'm hoping to runit with CDD lead, EoS sub, Echidna sub, RK, and I own a Light MK Golem (is that worth evoing and skilling up for this dungeon?) that might find a place on the team if I can't farm a Lilith in time. Planning to run it with a friend's fully Awokened Odin.

Those that team seem capable of running Hera? Your time and advice are all greatly appreciated!

8. claresilver47

claresilver47 Active Member

As an FYI, Mono teams tend to be better for normal dungeons because monsters hit for higher so you need the hp and rcv if you're going to stall. A spike team is better for the Technical dungeons

You're team can work, though it's a bit unfortunate that you won't be able to get the 1.5 auto heal awakenings. But it is very possible, I ran a similar team with just 1k auto heal and managed to zero stone the dungeon. At the time, I think my team was

D/L Hades
    Angelion - Skill level 2
    WothN Lilith
    Echidna
    RK
    +297 lvl 99 max awoken GOdin friend

I eventually swapped out my Angelion with MoG Archangel to get the 1.5k auto heal though. But now that I have Siren, once I awaken her, I can swap out Archangel and probably replace Echidna with Hera.
    Gravities are really helpful in this dungeon honestly. I haven't perfected my Seiryuu team yet, unfortunately

If you can't use Lilith, then you should use the Golem, and he's not bad and he gives a nice hefty amount of HP in exchange for RCV, it's just that the dark one is more popular

9. squatta

squatta New Member

Leader: Drawn Joker, Lvl 24
    Sub 1: Crimson Lotus Mistress, Echidna, Lvl 56, 1 awoken
    Sub 2: Top Droidragon, Lvl 68
    Sub 3: Heavenly Herald, Achangel, Lvl 48, max awoken, skill level 2, HP+11, RCV+12
    Sub 4: Keeper of Rainbow
    Friend Leader: Awoken Odin
    HP without Awoken Odin = 8804

Wondering if this team is alright? Almost fits your guide, but chose to replace Siren w/ Archangel since my Siren is neither max skilled nor in its ultimate evolution stage. I actually have the materials for ultimate evolution, but I figured Archangel's stats are just overall better + the two autoheals she has. I have a friend who has a max awakened awoken Odin, but doesn't always run him, so I just have to hope they put him up that day ^^;

10. Gekota

Gekota New Member

With 1500 auto heal you pretty much win unless you decide to fall asleep on the first round

The guides make rounds 1-4 sound very tough, but it really isnt too hard even with a low stat team

Btw your missing a poison

11. chesukin

chesukin New Member

thanks! just in time for the hera dungeon coming on the 8th

12. squatta

squatta New Member

I guess I will run this team. ^^ Thanks. Won't hurt to at least try.

And yeah... I don't have any poison monsters. Trust me, I've run the Succubus dungeons more than I have cared to with no luck /: No PEM drops either.

13. Brocknoth

Brocknoth New Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Ok so Hera is on the horizon (1 day) and since I missed the chance to take her on last time I want to try now but I don't think I'm strong enough. Here's the team I'm planing on running.

Lead - CDD lv26, no +s, no awakenings (Skill lvl 1)
    Sub 1 - SGS, Siren lvl32, +s 2/2/1, 1 awaken, (Skill lvl MAX)
    Sub 2 - EoS, Echidna lvl27, +s 3/2/5, 1 awaken (Skill lvl 1)
    Sub 3 - Machine Golem MK.II lvl36, no +s, no awaken (Skill lvl 1)
    Sub 4 - Rainbow Keeper
    2nd Leader - GOdin Max Lvl, +42, Max awoken (Skill lvl 1)

Hp will roughly be around 11,650.

Regrettably this is the best I've got. I've got no poison users, the golem is my only HIGH defense breaker, and I don't have any tamas to finish awakening Siren. I'd like to give the dungeon a shot but I think my team's levels are too low and with no stones available I think I would just be wasting my time.

Only other Sub I have from Missa's list is JD, Drawn Joker lvl43, +s 0/0/1, no awakens, (Skill lvl1). Was gonna have him lead but CDD seems like the better choice.

So what do you think guys yay, nay? BTW my rank is 104 so team cost is at 120. Not sure that matters though.

14. claresilver47

claresilver47 Active Member

Your team can work, it really can, but Hera herself will be a bit of a nail biter at times, which is where you'll be forced to use you RK, Siren, and Echidna actives a lot to survive and zero-stone the dungeon. When you get to Neptune, pop the armor break and Odin's active. As long as you're using a 'Perfect' GOdin friend, Neptune should be taken care very easily.
    You should see my above post in reply to chesukin, I ran this dungeon with a similar team and zero stoned it. The only real differences are that I had Lilith and I didn't even have a max skilled heart maker. At the time I only had an Angelion and Megalodran, both at skill level 2
    On a side note, I think I beat this dungeon when I was about rank 92

15. Roaz

Roaz Well-Known Member

PADherder:
    link
    Hey can I get some advice on a lineup, I think it will work but I'm a little worried it won't have the kick to take on floors 1-5

Drawn Joker
    Crimson Lotus Echidna
    Sea God Siren (max skilled&awoken)
    Dark Golem
    Sunlight Carbuncle (for the auto-recover)
    Friend Awoken Odin
    Stats: 5573HP (without Odin friend, should be able to meet Hades hp threshold with a level ~30 Odin ) 1663 RCV

Wanted a Lilith but despite farming Clayus Prison quite a bit I didn't get it to drop.

I think it looks reasonable, can't imagine any trouble from the boss fights as long as I don't make any stupid mistakes. Definitely worried about the early floors though. Considering dropping Echidna for a rainbow keeper or something along those lines for the extra damage/hp but I'm not sure if losing the delay is worth it.

16. genericsmith

genericsmith New Member

I was wondering if I could get some input on a team as well... Also... I don't appear to have many Awoken Odin friends, if a user is reading... feel free to send an invite.

My main characters mentioned in the guide:

(Name - Level - Skill - Awakening)

Jester Dragon, Drawn Joker - 86 - 1 - 0
    Empress Echidna - 92 - 1 - 0
    Enchantress Siren - 60 - Max - 0

~~Poisoners / Armor Remover~~

BAO Venomous Copperhead 32 - 2 - 2
    Lillith - 30 - 2 - 0
    Top Droidragon 41 - Max - 0

Also: 2 Rainbow Keepers

~Other Notable Dark~

Loki, the Finisher - 83 - 1 - 3
    Tsuku Yomi - 48 - 1 - 3
    Dark Liege, Vampire Duke - 51 - 3 - 0

I also have a pretty good healer team (Valk, Ech, Siren, King Shynee, Venus) - Do you have any opinions of using them, switching out someone for Lillith and a friend Odin?

Note: If I should pump up any of my dark summons I do have a Super King, 2 kings, 4 high metals I can use.... I also have a ton of green XP monsters that I could throw on Copperhead but I think I have several other green monsters that should be a higher priority...plus Tamas if awakenings are needed.

Thanks for any help.[/size]

17. Brocknoth

Brocknoth New Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I was able to level up my golem thanks to a pair of Metal Kings he's now lvl36 which is MUCH better. Brings my total hp up to 12,200.

Now when you say "perfect" do you mean +297, Lvl Max, Max awoken? Best I got is the GOdin I posted above. Unless other folk have him and just aren't using him.

18. pyunny

pyunny New Member

Hey guys,

thanks for the useful guide. I was wondering if I could get some help in tailoring a team to try to tackle my first Hera tomorrow.

I have no heart changers except pierdrawn (no skill ups) so was initially gonna go resolve (Ogre, 4 devil fish, friend Ama) but if possible I'd like to go with GrOdin/Resist.

I have a lvl 46 CDD (fully awoken, lvl 46), 2 RKs, a max level fully awoken rebel of seraph Luci, pierdrawn (no skill ups), EOS echidna, and a lvl 46 awoken GrOdin (max lvl).

I was considering trying out CDD as my lead, Luci, RK, Devil Fish, Pierdrawn (only heart changer I can get), with a friend lvl 90 awoken GrOdin (fully awoken). (HP will be around 12,500).

Do you think it'd be better to take an echidna over RK since the cooldown is shorter for her defensive skill? I was thinking with a 777 atk devil fish I'd be able to 1-shot Neptune if I Luci ceres but I'm concerned about survival throughout the rest of the fight. With my luci and GrOdin i should heal 1000 HP per turn but after GrOdin's leader skill, Venus will still do 1129 damage to me per turn meaning I'd have to hope I always have hearts on the board. Not to mention the luck i may need for floor 1.

Since this will be my first exposure to a descended I guess I'm wondering if it's feasible with this team and if it might be better to just go with the resolve team if it'll require just as much luck since the resolve will be smooth sailing after Floor 1. Any help would be welcome! Thanks!

EDIT:
    tried this 4 times so far. was able to get past round 1 in 3 out of 4 runs. Twice I got non-synced knights and once I got a small devil and a knight but was able to kill the devil in 2 turns with the devil fish atk. Eventually I would like to go with Odin, but for now I think resolved with devil fish is pretty awesome!

19. Yuna00

Yuna00 New Member

I started playing recently and I've been reading some great stuff on these forums, but since now I've decided to join the community I'm here to thank the author for this excellent guide!

20. MordethPhoenix

MordethPhoenix New Member

I havent checked very far back, but none of the guides nor the last 4 pages say anything on if double Odin works at all. Is it viable?

I technically have the dark ripper but wouldnt it be easier to have two 80%'s rather than a situational resist and an 80%? I realise hera and hades are big reasons for the dark resist but isn't two better?