Earned my first skill up Pii!

Discussion in 'Rants and Accomplishments' started by Nemesis, Feb 9, 2015.

1. Nemesis

Nemesis Bastet's BFF

Yay ^.^

These images used to be super gigantic. Thanks icedragon!

When I entered Challenge Dungeon Lv 6 on Saturday with a derpy Bastet/Odin monstrosity, I wasn't expecting to beat it. Indeed, I died quickly and without fuss. But later that day, I went in with a different team that I thought was equally derpy...and somehow, I made it! Kind of.

As you can probably tell from the lack of a time reduction in that first image, I did use a stone after taking Fires of Deicide to the face. I don't mind this. You see, not only am I a little terrified of No RCV dungeons, I've never done any Challenge Dungeons past Lv 5 before. They were out of my league. This is probably among the, if not the hardest dungeon that I've completed yet, and the concentration it took made it spill well into Sunday. I'm honestly really surprised and happy with myself right now!

Despite the fact that I haven't used Siren for about 100 ranks and she's only at Lv 50, she was a serious MVP by virtue of her maxed skill. She saved me many times, and Kurone did as well during a scary moment while battling Dark Izanami when I only had light orbs and no fire. Isis' extra HP, 3 turn miniheal and bind heal helped, as did Kali's saving grace when Izanami poisoned me. All of these cards have served me dearly in the past and it's nice that they were here for this. ~w~

These last two days have been significant to me. Saturday was my 250th day, and Sunday I reached Rank 180. And with this Shynpy, I think I've kind of taken my first step into a new domain. I've completed all of the normal and technical dungeons except for the Legendary areas and Paradise of the Holy Beasts, I've conquered a fair handful of Descents, obtained at least one of each rare evo material and beaten Friday every now and then, and even gave an alternate coin dungeon and a Legend Plus dungeon a try (both brutal defeats, but it's the thought that counts). By now I've had a lot of experiences that seemed so far away before...and completing a Lv 6+ Challenge Dungeon, therefore obtaining a skill up card, are the last unique achievements I'll be nailing for a while. :3

I don't know what this means, really, but it makes me happy. As for the Shynpy itself, I'm going to be waiting to see what Venus' new skill is...and if it's nothing I need I can always give it to Light Kali.

Maybe this is a significant enough achievement to spur me into making a blog...but I'll have to think about it. For now, I'm going to finally get my Swallowtail, victory pull the FotNS REM, and go to sleep content. :D

(Edit:and my first pull was Toki. Maybe the game was happy, too. £: )

Last edited: May 17, 2015
  2. Striku

Striku ,,廿_廿,,

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Just need to find and catch one pii in a coin dungeon.

3. Freyjan

Freyjan Active Member

Congratulations on your challenge 6 victory and on your progress! :)

Hahaha like that's possible ; ;

4. Burstwing

Burstwing How do I skill up myself?

Congrats! Level six is quite fun in the challenge dungeons :) (It's also the limit to how far I can go...)

5. Mangos

Mangos New Member

wait, those exist?

jk i get one every hour :angel:

6. icedragon926

icedragon926 Blue myr so expensive :<

User ID:
    382, 103, 341
    Nice! Congrats on getting that py, these challenge dungeons are certainly no joke :)

(If you wanna resize images I usually use the size 300x533
    [img=300x533]LINK[/img]

7. AktionMan

AktionMan Mocker of numbers in usernames

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Congratulations! Hearing about your triumph is inspiring. I'm rank 188 and have yet to beat a challenge dungeon past 5... I tried 7 a few times this round using a friend's Ceres, but could not make it through.

Seeing the "I zero-stoned challenge 9 with Anubis!" posts can be discouraging for us mortals, so it's nice to see hard-earned victories that might be attainable for the rest of us!

8. pad_n00b

pad_n00b Hot.

Grats! Still haven't attempted above 5, just do the first 3 for the stone and why not do 4 and 5 lol.

9. froogie

froogie Lurking.

PADherder:
    link
    I stoned once for challenge 6 as well. I don't think stoning like once should invalidate your achievement. Just put it good use. 8)

10. Nemesis

Nemesis Bastet's BFF

See, this is why we don't wait to reply to posts. Suddenly one realizes they've ignored like 8 comments. ~o.o~

I'd try to add a witty comment about your luck, but I couldn't even complete a coin dungeon, so I don't think I have the right. >.>

Good luck regardless, Striker.

Thank you very much, Freyjan. c:

It looks like one of the last fun challenge dungeons, as well. ^_^;

Anyway, thank you! And congrats to you as well on completing it. I'm sure we'll end up upgrading to higher levels as time goes on!

That snippet of forum code is super useful to have, there's no way to specify the size where I'm from. That means that posts of mine with images will be less cumbersome, and that's a great thing. Many thanks for both the help and your kind words, icedragon. -w-

Thanks! I understand where you're coming from. Especially on bad days when I struggle to even combo properly and fail dungeons left and right (I just failed two Legend dungeons that I had already completed and had no trouble with), it's a bit depressing to see the graceful victories of more experienced folk. In such cases, I try to remember that it's simply a game - and those players have been practicing for quite a while. And as you said, even people like you and me can accomplish things with hard work! ^.^

Good luck on your future attempts!

This has been my reasoning as well. Challenge 6 is a serious bump up in difficulty from Challenge 5 and it only goes exponential from there. o.o

The rewards from the first 5 are very nice, so I don't think there's any harm in staying there if you aren't too interested in Piis. In any case, thank you :>

I'll try to! I'm rubbish at Friday and sorely tempted to just use it on Kali, but it would probably be better used on Awoken Venus...besides, I'll get better at Friday in the future and her skill will always keep rotating in, so it would be a bit of a waste.

11. sunglassesmichael

sunglassesmichael Ruka button is OP

User ID:
    NA: 371,153,246
    PADherder:
    link
    The exact dimensions you should use in your tag vary by device. Test out resizing your image on a PC or something to see what height matches up with a width of 300 if using 300x533 ends up looking squished.

12. Nemesis

Nemesis Bastet's BFF

I think it looks alright, but I'll check on a computer later. Thank you for the reminder. :3