Edward Teambuilding Help

Discussion in 'Monster Lineup' started by Luminescent, Dec 16, 2018.

1. Luminescent

Luminescent Member

User ID:
    Hi I recently traded for Edward.
    I’m having trouble building a team that can cover necessary utility for the dungeons I want to run him through (Alt Arena)

Currently I’m playing around with Edward/Ciel/VNey/BCotton/Odindra (with varying utility inherits) but I’m still sitting at around 47,000 HP when pairing with a friend Edward.

I don’t own Amatsu, Nees, or LIdeal.
    I wondering if it’s worth using someone like evolved Valeria in place of Ciel as an HP stick? I wish I could trade for XMas Ilmina to serve such a purpose but I’m fresh out of GFE.

Moreover, I’d appreciate some inherits advice for possible utility I can bring, I was thinking of just subbing Reeche despite not being a light attribute card because she covers so much utility with her active, and has double 7c.

https://imgur.com/a/NdDcc8C
    here’s my box

Last edited: Dec 16, 2018
  2. xer 21

xer 21 Mathematically the Worst Player on the Forums

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    you should try making a hexazeon next time he comes around. not that much utility, but monster HP.

that said, 47000 HP really isnt bad at all. the Ed team ive used for AA only has like 50-51K with the HP badge... and im carrying a Paimon for FUA and Ideal.

Luminescent likes this.
  3. CloudnineXXX

CloudnineXXX Well-Known Member

PADherder:
    link
    i dont remember alt arena at all, but you should consider pairing with diablos if the dungeon has a lot of annoying mechanics where 7x6 helps alleviate.

4. Freddyfudrucker

Freddyfudrucker Well-Known Member

User ID:
    Freddyfud
    Unless you get to around 60k, hp doesn’t matter as you’ll need a shield anyway.

Utilities you would probably need:
    Delay for Gaia and Hashish
    Spike (unless you have enough 7cs)
    Recovery
    Shield for Goemon and D Hera

Utilities you don’t need but probably want:
    Poison resist *
    Bind and awoken bind clear
    Damage absorb void (depending on damage control and killers, this may be a need for Sopdet)

Utilities that typically help even more:
    Time buff
    Orb unlock and maybe lock

* Poison resist helps you stall for actives heading into the last few floors and elsewhere. For me it’s a need—or at least I don’t run without it.

I like your team (I’d try Roots instead of Ciel myself). And I’d expect many runs of trial and error to refine, especially with latents. You’ll need to get familiar with spawns and stalling spots anyway.

All this assumes you’re running solo.

xer 21 and Luminescent like this.
  5. Luminescent

Luminescent Member

User ID:
    ah alright thanks
    that’s very helpful!

I was prepared to kind of trial and error this, it’s how I managed to consistently farm A3

Freddyfudrucker likes this.
  6. diz

diz Active Member

PADherder:
    link
    Why is Nees considered good for Ed? Just because of the HP?

Luminescent likes this.
  7. xer 21

xer 21 Mathematically the Worst Player on the Forums

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    HP is the only reason you'd take nees, I've not really heard people using her, aside from HP, she's a really poor substitute for Odindra, less RCV, worse active, less utility with awakenings, etc...

diz likes this.
  8. diz

diz Active Member

PADherder:
    link
    I play her because she is black and get a boost from King Bradley.^^

Luminescent likes this.
  9. Luminescent

Luminescent Member

User ID:
    Hi! Back to ask some more questions.
    First of all, I reached around 55K HP after replacing CIEL with Red Valeria, which dropped some damage off the team but I think living is generally more important than not living and also not killing things because you’re dead.

This is also considering my BCotton is not level 110 yet, as well as Edward, so I could potentially ramp it up to 60K by running the team through Training Arena until everything is max.

However, I’m having trouble covering full poison resist. I don’t have a Rathian, and the best I can do is inherit Sasuke or a Trojan and Hakuryu and pair with an Edward with Karin card equip. However, this would take up valuable inherit spots and force me to omit some powerful utility. Any advice on how to build my team to cover the utilities I need and reach 100% poison resist?

currently I’m doing Edward(IDK*)/Odindra(Omega)/VNey(Allatu)/BCotton(Distel)/RValeria(Horus)/Edward(Varies**)

It covers spike, delay, shield, and Horus is in a really weird position because he’s not really doing anything special except be a TE buff because I’ve got 8 seconds with this team and I move too slow to combo properly if I get time debuffed too much.

Unfortunately, poison resist and a Fujin active are still really hard to implement here. Any helpful inherit advice? Thanks!

* My Edwards assist has been changing a lot so basically consider this a free inherit spot.

** Friend Edwards usually have Trojan, but I can find some with Edward Equip, Karn Equip (really rare but I have a friend who I can ask to put theirs up), and some other random stuff like Ganesha or Raphael.

10. Freddyfudrucker

User ID:
    Freddyfud
    If you want to send me an invite, I can put Rathian equip on my Ed and leave him up for awhile. 326,998,243.

If you insist on getting hp to tank Goemon and Hera, you could try some HP latents. Another option is Nohime. Not on color but a strong shield plus another poison resist. And then put your horsey on Ed. For damage absorb and more time add Uruka. Even if you can damage control Starling, Sop and Parv without her she is great. So Odindra, Uruka, Cotton and Nohime. For SIs I'd add another delay and omega if you need the spike.

Luminescent likes this.
  11. Luminescent

Luminescent Member

User ID:
    Thank you! I’ll definitely add you. I think I’ve got the team figured out, I’m going to trial and error with Ed(Ganesha)/Odindra(Omega)/VNey(Hakuryu)/BCotton(Uruka)/Ciel(Trojan)/Ed(Rathian)
    and shield for Goemon/DQ.

Freddyfudrucker likes this.
  12. Freddyfudrucker

User ID:
    Freddyfud
    Added. Threw a couple of balance killers on him too. Good luck.

Luminescent likes this.