Endgame Sumire Team?

Discussion in 'Q&A' started by bookwyrm, Jun 19, 2016.

1. bookwyrm

bookwyrm Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Hi all,

I've been hoping to make a team capable of beating Arena 1 and 2, and had been considering You Yu (if I was able to raise 53,000 MP) or Awoken I&I with Charitie (if I wasn't able to raise 53,000 MP). But the most recent Godfest gave me my third Sumire, and now I'm wondering if Sumire might be worth focusing on instead. Her uevo looks pretty powerful, she's Dragon-type (always a plus), and making a Sumire team could save me a lot of MP. How good of a Sumire team can I make, and how hard of content could it clear? My padherder is in my sig; notable blue monsters I own include:

Sumire X3
    Hermes X2 (Awoken and B/L)
    Andromeda
    Gabriel
    A. Isis
    Hatsume
    Christmas Ars Paulina
    Bikini Awilda
    Alfecca
    A. I&I
    A. Karin
    A. Neptune
    Orochi X2 (one is Awoken)
    Sherias
    Scheat
    Sun Quan

Notable candidates for skill transfer that I own include LMeta, Susano, a few board changers (Urd and Haku in particular), Neptune for high-defense enemies, Orochi, and probably something else I've overlooked. I have no experience with making a Sumire team, so any advice is appreciated. Thanks in advance!

2. Hirox182

Hirox182 Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Sumire / Sumire / Sumire / A. Isis / Skuld is pretty much the ideal setup.

You have the most important part of the team with Sumire x3 and A. Isis, the last slot is pretty flexible but I think I board changer is probably a solid choice, or something with a board change inherited.
    In your case Christmas Ars Paulina among others

As for content clearing I've seen videos with teams with 4-6 Sumires clearing Arenas 1-3 pretty effortlessly.
    The 75% shield is insane. To give you an idea of how crazy it is, it allows you to tank the Kali hit when she's above 65%, in arena 1 it will hit for around 30.5k HP which a hyper Sumire team goes above easily without latents.

3. bookwyrm

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Bump for more opinions.

Thanks for the suggestions. If I went with this team, what sorts of skill inheritance should I do? Isis and Ars Paulina both have low active cooldowns; what should I give them? I was thinking either LMeta or Orochi for Isis; which would be overall more useful? Ars Paulina could get a board change; Urd would probably be best, but I still use her in my Shiva team so I might go with Karin or Haku instead. But how badly would Paulina's average stats drag the team down? And would a heart generator like Gabriel or Andromeda be better than one of those options, or does Sumire provide all the orb generation I need? Finally, should I inherit anything on the Sumires or will their own actives be too important to overwrite with anything else?

I'm also concerned about a few enemies that tend to appear in high-level dungeons: Predras and Vishnu. Would my Sumire team be able to break the defense of Predras (or other high-defense enemies like Awoken Meimei or Extreme King Metal Dragon) or do I need to give someone Awoken Neptune's active skill (Ra would probably be better, but I don't have him)? And can Sumire beat Vishnu's shenanigans, or do I just hope that I don't run into him when I run Arena?

4. Hirox182

Hirox182 Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    To be honest I have no experience with these teams, all my knowledge comes from some minor research and watching clears by JP players using Sumire. So I'll try to answer your questions to the best of my abilities:
    - Haven't seen any videos with a Vishnu/Meimei encounters so I don't know what to tell you for these two. Although I do believe that a good board with an enhance should take care of MeiMei.
    - I have seen people inherit Orochi on Isis to delay the predras or tamadras. Another option for the Predras is simply killing one with a true damage active and stalling against the other using the heart cross shield. I've also seen people straight up tank the Tans in arena 3 using the shield.
    - A pretty common inherit seems to be Creuse, seeing as he provides massive burst and also the 100k true damage (Many clears use him to kill 1 Predra and stall/kill the other).
    - Extreme King Metal Dragon is not a problem at all. No enhance needed to go over 1.5M damage.
    - I've seen many players inherit skills on Sumire but not use them that often (I do believe that having haste on the inherited skills is important to keep up the system - thus making Ryune a popular choice)

As for the team options I feel like Ars Paulina's OEs make up for the loss in stats, but Gabe and Andro also both sound like solid choices. I like the short CD on Paulina though. I do think a 4th Sumire works really well in this slot if you ever get one. Tbh, you'd just have to experiment when the UEVO comes out and see what works best for you.

Hope this helps.

bookwyrm likes this.
  5. Nekrabyte

Nekrabyte Tooooo Blue

User ID:
    Nekrabyte 336,730,373
    Orochi on isis is pretty sweet, if used right its a huge haste, and that can get all your sumires back up. and honestly, i don't think the team needs much in the way of inherits. maybe a true damage as hirox mentioned - a. ra would be fantastic if you have one kickin. were you planning on doing ars? if so, definitely a full board change, since the team lacks that, could come in handy from time to time.

vishnu isn't too bad most likely, use orochi to delay, and do as close to 2 million damage per sub (green halves it) as you can. with a few actives it shouldnt be difficult. predras are also lol @ the cross shield. if you can keep that up every turn, both of their damage COMBINED will only be 13,400 per turn. not too crazy, even without inherits.

bookwyrm likes this.
  6. Xayvin

Xayvin Floofy Tail Fanboy!

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I pulled my third Sumire during the GF, woo-hoo! This is great to hear. I'm excited to try a new playstyle.

CURIOUSCOMP and dms1485 like this.
  7. Xayvin

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Can SS Isis replace Awoken Isis on the squad?

8. Nekrabyte

Nekrabyte Tooooo Blue

User ID:
    Nekrabyte 336,730,373
    Absolutely! All the important parts are basically identical between the two.

Xayvin likes this.
  9. mtb911

mtb911 Master Teambuilder, Mediocre player

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    After My 3rd Sumire from the last GF I decided to build Sumire end-game team as well. I have seen Arena clears with
    Sumire(Ryune) / Sumire / Sumire / Andromeda / Gabriel I don't have Ryune so I will be running that team with out the SI.

I have also seen Sumire x3 / Isis / Mori

With 3 Sumire's and a friend Sumire you pretty much have skills ready at all times.

10. mtb911

mtb911 Master Teambuilder, Mediocre player

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Also...feel free to add me. I just Hypered my Sumire in Slot 1. Hoping to build a Sumire Empire...not knowing how to Pronounce Sumire it rhymes in my head.

11. Nekrabyte

Nekrabyte Tooooo Blue

User ID:
    Nekrabyte 336,730,373
    Haha, I always pronounced it "suh-meer". But most certainly ignore how I do. I seem to mispronounce everything haha

12. MrBoogs

MrBoogs The Old Man

User ID:
    I think it's pronounced "Soom-eee-yay," but there's always a high possibility I'm wrong. :D

I've been following a guy on YouTube who's cleared Arena 1&2 running Sumire x2/Nut/A.Isis/A.I&I. I doubt it's ideal, but it excites me because it's a team I could almost build. I've even seen one guy use Sheat, mostly as an offensive stat stick, but the added skyfall active was used to good effect.

I almost feel like you could throw just about anything on Sumire and have it be effective, with of course more Sumires being a good thing.

Nekrabyte likes this.
  13. uncleaner

uncleaner Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Nice, I tried her team out against arena in combo master a few times and ended up going with Sumirex3/SQ/Isis (awoken orochi inherit), it was surprising how unnecessary full boards ended up being. Damage enhance was also way more useful than expected since not having to blow multiple Sumire actives on tough floors meant a lot less stalling, and the TPAs on I&I and SQ are nice for armor breaking, even with SQ's weird stats.

Anyway Sumire's really strong and having three of her definitely seems like a luxury, at least in Arena 1, but having one dupe seems pretty huge. You can probably still get around it if you plan your actives and can tank some hits without a shield up, I mean Making the team need some thought probably isn't the worst thing, but heart crosses are weird, I'll take braindead anytime idc.

Biggest roadblock was Parvarti though, I have no idea what to do about her. 5x multiplier hits too hard and pinging her down at 1.5x or waiting 99 turns both seem like cool ways to spend an hour.

MrBoogs likes this.
  14. MrBoogs

MrBoogs The Old Man

User ID:
    Nice! I might inherit my backup Urd to her soon, but you're right, I really don't feel the need for a full board change, and in some regards consider it a liability.

I'm using Nut as my all star on that team, since she's almost always up, almost always guarantees activation, and packs the double TPA's. Her plus orb changer (or Sumire) is typically activation plus 1-2 blue matches and the cross. My gut tells me she'll get a S.Uevo with attacker triple typing sometime down the pipe as well.

Parvati worries me too. The only advantage I can think of is that she's green, which means Sumire's damage should be halved by the color advantage. Whether this works in practice or not is unknown.

15. Nekrabyte

Nekrabyte Tooooo Blue

User ID:
    Nekrabyte 336,730,373
    this DOES work in practice. with my i&i team i often hit vishnu for like 1.6-1.8 million, and his 1 million damage absorb doesn't absorb.

also, i really dont think the damage will be too high. a 5 match is a 20.25x multiplier, a single 5 match with a 25x multiplier for my red team only nets them doing about 150k damage a piece. so even with a few combos you'll be very fine doing 5 matches (with no other blue matches)

uncleaner and MrBoogs like this.
  16. MrBoogs

MrBoogs The Old Man

User ID:
    Wee! This is the best news ever! I am once again feeling quite awesome!

17. Wishy

Wishy SHRAPNEL

The more Sumires the better. Sub Isis or Rinoa with some shit inherited to deal with binds and that's it. Rinoa is arguably better because of haste.

18. Xayvin

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Another question regarding ideal Sumire team compositions - would a second Skuld be better than a third Sumire?

What would be the difference between:

Sumire/Sumire/Sumire/Skuld/SS Isis/Sumire

and

Sumire/Sumire/Skuld/Skuld/SS Isis/Sumire

The double Skuld team has a bit higher HP and RCV, another double TPA sub, and more heart making potential. It loses a haste, 2 OEs, and a finger though.

19. uncleaner

uncleaner Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Right now I'm thinking about only bringing board changers against things that break hearts and can't be one shot since using a fullboard would be more efficient than two Sumire actives in that situation. Otherwise I'd rather just inherit one, being able to permastall with 4 sumires is really strong. But idk, I've only played her a few times in an app of questionable accuracy lol.

20. bookwyrm

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Nice to see all the Sumire discussion! My team is definitely going to have triple Sumires, but it seems like there's no single optimal choice for the last two slots, it's whatever I feel like experimenting with. Unless I pull a Skuld (unlikely, as 6-star GFEs tend to avoid me), I'll probably use some combination of Isis, Christmas Ars Paulina, Andromeda, and Gabriel for the final slots. Maybe Hermes would work as well, though I'm not sold on having a heartbreaker when Sumire's LS uses hearts. And I'll probably want to inherit one board changer on someone, if only to avoid getting insta-killed by Beelzebub.

One concern is that most of the key Sumire subs, including Sumire herself, have only one skill boost. Unless I use a sub like Ars Paulina with two SB, my team might only have six skill boosts and therefore won't have most actives up on the first turn. Once I get past the first turn the Sumires will be up and active skills won't be a problem anymore, but there are a couple dungeons such as Z8 where a bad board on the first turn with no orb-changers up means you're dead. Does anyone who plays Sumire use a team with fewer than 7 skill boosts, and how often does having less than 7 matter?