Endgame Sumire Team?

Discussion in 'Q&A' started by bookwyrm, Jun 19, 2016.

1. Shinigami Yuki

Shinigami Yuki Things are getting hectic.

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Just to help on the pronunciation. It is Su- me- re. I take Japanese at school.

Nekrabyte likes this.
  2. uncleaner

uncleaner Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I'm leveling a snow white for that, there's not a ton of options unless you roll trap collabs. Unicorn Rider also works if you need TPA's, Amon with a bind clear inherit would work too.

3. Xayvin

Xayvin Floofie Tail Fanboy!

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Inheriting a full board change isn't a problem because I have multiple Skuld, Ryune, and Blonia's haha. Maybe I can consider inheriting a second board change, but as of right now my subs won't be able to accommodate it.

4. Kreisler

Kreisler World of the Gleaming Moon

User ID:
    309, 977, 242
    PADherder:
    link
    How's Sarasvati as a sub for her team? She might not be optimal, but 3 turns of skyfall on 6 CD should definitely help with keeping blue orbs flowing in between Sumire actives.

5. ViewtifulGene

ViewtifulGene Mostly Retired. Still A Lazy Shit.

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I'm interested in leading with Sumire, but I'm one of those fucking cancerous plebs with no Sumire dupes.

I also have Kaede, but green is my worst color while I have a full stable of hyper blue waifus. I'm hoping I can make do with this team:
    20160621_230639.png
    Isis has an Urd active.

6. mtb911

mtb911 Master Teambuilder, Mediocre player

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I saw.a.video where someone inherited Ryune on one of their sumires.

7. Xayvin

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Good to know! Glad I didn't sell any Ryune dupes, I knew she'd be put to good use.

8. MrBoogs

MrBoogs The Old Man

User ID:
    Good to know! My only source was some singer on YouTube with the same name, and that's how they pronounced it. I'm glad, since I originally preferred the pronunciation you used.

Shinigami Yuki likes this.
  9. Seanna

Seanna Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I was hoping to pull more Sumires or good water monsters in the last GF, but no luck...

Would anyone have advice on whether 3 x Sumire and Sun Quan is enough to consider a Sumire team, even without Isis to go in the last slot? For dungeons with no pre-emptive binds, maybe Orochi or Ryune or even Amberjack would work. My only blue bind clearer is Water Dragon Knight, so that's not good with the heartbreaking. A Sakuya seems a bit too much of a stretch.

10. Shinigami Yuki

Shinigami Yuki Things are getting hectic.

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    If you really needed a bind clearer then I think that A.Sakuya would be acceptable. 3x Sumire is a good portion of your team and I think Ryune and either Alrescha or Orochi will make good subs. Situationally, Sun Quan may be alright when his awoken form comes to NA.

11. Seanna

Seanna Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Cool, thanks for the reply. I guess Sun Quan's damage enhance is not that necessary for most content with the uevo Sumire's LS? I'll keep hoping to pull Isis one day, but glad to hear an off-color bind clear might work in a pinch.

I guess my A Lucifer team would be closer to ideal, but the playstyle is pretty boring compared to Sumire, so I'd love to use her as a lead. Thanks again!

Shinigami Yuki likes this.
  12. brouxhaha

brouxhaha Dream Killer

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I would run Nut over Orochi. For specific dungeons where Orochi is necesary, I would throw Orochi on Isis and Urd on Nut. At least right now not having played with the uevo.

ViewtifulGene likes this.
  13. ViewtifulGene

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Yeah this is mainly intended for post-evo. Nut would up the DPS, but I don't think that'll be necessary when the ult drops.

My rationale for Orochi is that he can recharge my heartmakers in place of some Sumire dupes.

14. MrBoogs

MrBoogs The Old Man

User ID:
    I think Nut's benefit is the low cooldown, and on a team with limited haste and your shortest active taking 7 turns, she can keep you going.

15. bookwyrm

bookwyrm Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    New question: what sort of latent setups are people using for their Sumire teams? I've focused on color resists for previous teams, trying to stack one of each resist on every team member. Would that work for Sumire, or are stat increasing latents (or something else like skill bind resistance) more useful?

16. Xayvin

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I was just thinking about this last night. I think for my team, my three Sumire's will have HP latents because they're very bulky with 4800 HP before plus eggs. I'd most likely pair my Sumire with a friend Sumire who has either all dark latents or all HP latents (depending on what content I'm doing.) My Skuld has HP latents already, and the only rainbow latent sub will be my SS Isis, to protect against 100 percent gravities.

bookwyrm likes this.
  17. ViewtifulGene

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Latents are needed if and only if you can't tank a Dairy Queen hit. There used to be a case for skill delay resists, but they're a luxury now that skill inheritance offers a buffer.

A rainbow resist somewhere is nice just so you can tank a gravity without your heart cross. Otherwise, just take whatever SDRs you can get and don't worry about the rest.

For what it's worth, HP latents can be good on a Sumire team because her team has so many Physical types.

bookwyrm likes this.
  18. Lrrr

Lrrr Ruler of the planet Omicron Persei 8!

User ID:
    any card that requires dupes on the "optimal team" is not balanced correctly. It shows that there is lack of good subs. G-Ho should create some more good subs for sumire.

19. Gallidore

Gallidore Member

User ID:
    How about my subs for sumire team? here are some cards i think might work well with it: mel, andromeda x2, nut, lakshmi, sumire X2, nepdra, isis, ryune, sitri,

20. Nekrabyte

Nekrabyte Tooooo Blue

User ID:
    Nekrabyte 336,730,373
    While i agree with this, it seems that it was their intent for QUITE a few GFEs to be phenomenal stacked. The dragon callers, and the sonias for sure, and there are a number of others that fit the bill. It seems they the new ones are slowly changing that rule.