[EU] 2016: The Review

Discussion in 'EU General' started by Luke Fabre, Dec 27, 2016.

1. Luke Fabre

Luke Fabre Well-Known Member

PADherder:
    link
    IMG_0968.JPG

Regarding the news, 2016 is easily the shittiest year in recent history.

But how was the year in our beautiful PAD world?
    • best and worst changes/trends in the game
    • your achievements, awesome fails, memorable moments
    • EU community, Forum/Line/Discord
    • your playtime, IAP
    • etc.

Off-Topic is ok as well, share whatever you want :D

Bonus question: Looking back at THE hype of last summer, for how long did you play Pokemon Go?

2. aeroxx1905

aeroxx1905 The IT Guy

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    What is Pokemon Go :)
    not in EU yet, but the Skill-Up Changes.
    • your playtime, IAP
    Playing like 2-3 hours a day, IAP good question i think i rolled like ~15 Packs this year, pls dont let me check my billing history.
    Solo Clear MechaZeus with Revo Ra / MechaHera with Ronove, still failing A2 I hate Vishnu :(

Bluecheese and Luke Fabre like this.
  3. Luke Fabre

PADherder:
    link
    The year as far as I remember:
    • Spent way too much until summer (~1,5 packs per month), now it's nearly zero
    • don't farm at the moment, just play new content and dungeons I like + collecting evolution materials
    • favourite cards of the year: You Yu and Beach Myr; really like the heart-cross meta
    • best new content: the piano music ;)
    • new special REM nearly every week, feels like a huge cash-grab

Regaring EU: Is it just my impression or does relevant information like dungeon strategies etc. "get lost" because it's only shared via Line or Discord? I'm not a fan of chat communication bc it requires attention in real-time, and thus I don't know what I miss :D

PS: Played PoGo for five weeks, spent 30€ and stopped nearly over night. Was a great time though!

Bluecheese likes this.
  4. Marioman95

Marioman95 AKA YoshiFarmz

User ID:
    Nice thread!!!

Best and worst changes this year - best has to be the ability to sell more than 5 at a time! That is such a good feature it's not even funny.
    Worst, padr. Need I say more here?

I have achieved a lot this year in pad to be fair, that much in fact that I can't even remember the whole lot!!!

The community has been a mixed one this year. Helpful, sometimes moody, but well grown. Special mention to a very good friend of mine who left us this year, @Paw-1981 and to the amazing rising star which is @Bunch
    Of course, we can't forget @symplecto . Thanks for what you do for us all!!! ;)

My playtime I guess has decreased due to job search and the voluntary I do, but this years temporary engagements allowed me to IAP more than I have ever done before.

This years been a weird one. An emotional roller coaster in many ways. I've been knocked down not just in game but in life too, but I keep getting back up and grow.

Enter 2017!
    Here's to a great year better than 2016'

5. poung

poung Well-Known Member

User ID:
    As best AND worst change at the same time, it is Multiplayer feature.
    Best because,
    with Liu Bei, I was able to get lots of exp, mp, coins ....

Worst because :
    I spend too much time just pushing a button (which is not fun)
    I can't play exactly when I want (how much time waiting for a coop partner to join the room only to do the dungeon at half cost)
    When I am farming with Liu Bei I am not fully available to do something else.
    Definitely one resolution is to slow down the rogue dungeon farming with Liu Bei :)
    The good thing is I a have at least 1 team that can farm Arena 1 quite reliably (Tifa pairing with Xiu) and I could aim to do Arena 2 and 3 with her or with Aizen. And it is so much more fun than playing Liu Bei! And I can close the app when I want, and come back after.
    • your playtime, IAP
    I think I play 2-3 hours a day, and I am aiming to play "only" for 1 hour most of the day
    As for IAP, I only payed for the special pak of 5 euros and was still able to do many pulls on the differents REM with free stones.

Bluecheese and Luke Fabre like this.
  6. akimarru

akimarru It's okay... I know someday i'm gonna be with you.

User ID:
    EU - 744,944,247 //JP - 376,060,675
    PADherder:
    link
    Every update we had so far always brought something new to the game or the meta, so i hope they keep it up.

My play time decreased a little but only because i'm endgame and thus only going at new stuff that are Stam consuming so can't play that much even if i wanted to.
    My iap went from like 1 pack a year on year 1 and 2 to peanut in year 3 so pretty much happy with that.

2016 is also the year i finally started a real alt on Jp server and i'm so happy with it, early game is so much fun i realised i knew almost every dungeon by heart(kinda scary to be honest) i'm allready over 300K MP points with the gift they gave where it took me almost 3 years in my Eu account to reach 300K.(kinda depressing)

Achievments : Building my Myr Team then Clearing A1, A2, MechaHera with it so much hard work that paid in the end. Soooooooooooo fulfilling. Still failling at A3 but made it to boss once or twice so it really just need the lucky run to finally clear it.

Regreting the decay the forom is slowly getting into.

So in th end, in this ride since december 2013. Still struggling at some dungeons, still craving for REM cards that elude me, still enjoying clearing stuff for the first time. Still hoping for new content and more importantly still having fun like day one, even tho i wish some RNG stuff were more in our favor.

What was your team for MechaZeus just got my revo Ra but only for the monster book's entry didn't even bother to try it yet.

Bluecheese, Marioman95 and Luke Fabre like this.
  7. Starfire

Starfire Member

Best. Hit 1000 days and completed a lot of new dungeons

Worst. Hate all the push button cheese teams that ppl are making as the is no challenge involved in clearing dungeons. There are to many leads now and it makes it difficult to find partners for what I need due to others using way to many unusable leads for my teams ie Myr.

I have now gone non Iap.

Deft and Bluecheese like this.
  8. Not-Sure

Not-Sure aka Quite-Sure

Biggest downer: as per @Starfire – push-button leads like ALB and heart-cross squads (Myr, uggh) which have reduced the variety in the game. Now finding it difficult to use once-great teams like Thor/Saria because of the lack of available partners. Even Pandora is suffering!
    Also, sad to see the forum decaying, but that's maybe a blessing in disguise coz I find I'm wasting less time on the game...

Biggest upper: starting an Alt account. Reminded me what this game was once all about – building a variety of teams from a strange assortment of cards to beat all sorts of interesting challenges.

Pokemon – played it for about two to three weeks, then realized what an ill-thought-out, overhyped mess it was and deleted it about a week later. Phew, what a relief to get rid of it! I still get terrible flashbacks when walking past some of the ridiculous virtual 'gymnasia' in my town.

Bluecheese likes this.
  9. symplecto

symplecto (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ Staff Member

User ID:
    Best: game became less grindy as plus eggs now farm themselves.
    Worst: everything else

Hmm

Bluecheese, ArmYgeddon and RaiGomaru like this.
  10. aeroxx1905

aeroxx1905 The IT Guy

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    @akimarru
    Revo Ra (Sheen)/ LKali / LKali /Dkali /A.Isis (Odin Tama) / Revo Ra
    Fully Hypered Team

11. akimarru

akimarru It's okay... I know someday i'm gonna be with you.

User ID:
    EU - 744,944,247 //JP - 376,060,675
    PADherder:
    link
    Super got them all, on this dungeon to clear it and make 2016 even greater, 4 days to go. :)

12. RaiGomaru

RaiGomaru The BAAAATH!!!

User ID:
    Game-wise it was a mixed year IMO.
    It's way less grindy and Gh implemented some huge comfort functions. It's also nice that we are getting "flooded" with Piis, +eggs and other nice stuff which nobody thought we would last year/early this year.

On the other side, PaD did a huge power leap mainly because of multiplayer and cross-leads. The implementation of Miru instantly made almost every other monster obsolete (and still does). ALB killed the way how PaD should be played.

Still, there were a lot of new monster which were fun to play (for the time they were relevant :p).

Personally, I achieved A LOT in-game (not that I even made any resolutions last year).

Hopefully GH steps on the brake in terms of power creep in 2017 and focuses more on a better variety of good leads.

Happy New Year ^_^

symplecto and Bluecheese like this.
  13. ArmYgeddon

ArmYgeddon Comeback King

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    best - rolling 9 hypers from PEM
    worst - not a single one of those rolls were BKali, such an elusive woman..... =[

Deft and Bluecheese like this.
  14. manaphy

manaphy Active Member

Best: I'm still playing

Worst: I'm still playing...

Deft, Dooku, Xagor and 6 others like this.
  15. Bluecheese

Bluecheese I'm in blue movies....

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Really enjoying ALB. Able to get those obscure cards skilled and maxxed :).
    Weirdly showed the game to a friend and had to explain that it had taken a lot of effort to make the game this boring! :).
    I still like it as often I don't have the effort or brain energy to think and I can get rid of stamina and get stuff for it.
    Pokémon - about a week until I realised my phone is so old that it kept on crashing and got frustrating. Pad still holds my heart and it was a brief flirtation (nothing happened. Honest. And we were on a break!)
    Loved the +9+9+9 PEM. REALLY loved it.

Luke Fabre and akimarru like this.
  16. symplecto

symplecto (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ Staff Member

User ID:
    For me the "best" time of PaD was towards the end of 2015. I really enjoyed Arena 1 when it was still challenging, and RaD was great whaleish fun.

2016 was probably more bad than good, but I'm still playing, and our community is still going strong.

I really recommend joining the Discord server. There are now nearly 200 members; if you are worried the EU community is dying come and see.

17. Marioman95

User ID:
    Not Ded Yet

18. nekro65

nekro65 Member

Enjoys :
    - Bring 2 friend in this game (one in EU & one in NA)
    - Multiplay for more stam to farm
    - ALB for making Farm easier (Hello ZDios X3)
    - Great Collab connecting with the news (DC collab with Batman Vs Superman, FF 15)
    - Wesley helping me for MZeus and watching a skillfull one playing Puzzle
    - Yolo Roll in collab (Hello Ichigo & Noctis)
    - Watching Stream of Gungho with excitement like a new Chapter of One piece
    - Incredible Community, always here to help
    - + Eggs drops everywhere

Worst
    - Ranking Dungeon too expensive in stam cause it's juste RNG luck
    - ALB shouldn't be strong enough to push button legend + dungeon (Where's the Challenge ??)
    - the division of the community (some on Line and some on Discord)
    - So manyyyy Dupes when you play this game for more than 1000 Days (Should be max at 5)
    - No interest in Helping people doing Descended Dungeon when you have already done it
    - Never Use of MZeus, cause the meta change so fast
    - No cross plateform !

I play Pokemon Go Everyday !!

Seriously i play this game about 2 weeks and 1 with my nephew, my battery thanks me everyday for deleting this app

Luke Fabre likes this.
  19. Marioman95

User ID:
    I plan to help more in the New Years. But priority will always be skulking and levelling my stuff

Bluecheese likes this.
  20. Luke Fabre

PADherder:
    link
    Used my online dictionary for your post. Learned 'to skulk' is actually a word. :D