[EU] General Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'EU General' started by Moetrich, Jan 20, 2014.

1. RaiGomaru

RaiGomaru The BAAAATH!!!

User ID:
    Can we all just take a moment and appreciate how F%&€!ING broken FUA is.
    I mean yeah, damage absorb void actives are nice but outside of A3 relatively useless and even in A3 a rather niche active.
    Resolve monsters on the other side are almost everywhere. And being able to simply sweep the last 3 floors of Colloseum is just a dream come true. More over, Colloseum became a huge sweep-fest anyways.

It's kinda interesting that GH decided to give such an important and strong awakening to relatively easy to acquire monsters (Amatsu, WeddingScheat and the new JP GFE aside). Where else they give a more niche active to much rarer monsters.

I simply love it ^_^

juno likes this.
  2. Bluecheese

Bluecheese I'm in blue movies....

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    And FUA is for slightly less behind the curve players...?

Don't get me wrong. I don't know what you're talking about but agree the %#*%# with ya! :)

3. 8owser

8owser Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    FUA? I must be below the curve because I have no idea what this is.

4. RaiGomaru

RaiGomaru The BAAAATH!!!

User ID:
    Follow-Up Attack. It's a new awakening which basically allows you too OHKO resolve monsters by matching a column of hearts. Right now only Amatsu and Glavenus (from the MH collab have those awakenings). Momiji receives a buff in the future which includes this awakening as well. The new Norns evos, WeddingScheat and the just released new GFE have this too.

From an economical standpoint it's kinda funny that GH gives such a convenient awakening those relatively easy to acquire monsters (Verdandi, Urd, Momiji speaking).

Bluecheese likes this.
  5. wtf

wtf ftw

FUA means I finally have a use for Mel, have inherited that on glavenus

juno, RaiGomaru and Bluecheese like this.
  6. 8owser

8owser Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Yes my Mel has been lurking around unloved for to long now. A dust of for the young lady maybe.

wtf and Bluecheese like this.
  7. Bluecheese

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Sadly never got a Glavenus. Two Rathian and a Gammoth were my pulls.
    :)
    30 stones and another for box space to keep them.
    Have the uneasy feel that I didn't do so well there....
    :)

8. wtf

wtf ftw

Yeah I had 8 rolls in total and I'm non iap (apart from the 1 time bargain sets that I've bought like 3 of), glavenus was my best by far and I don't think it's that great really. Wish I'd hung on for yogg gf

9. Golden119

Golden119 Monsieur Gung-ho, you are spoiling us.

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Maybe we spoke about this in discord -

I'm not seeing how FUA is used with the current meta of Anubis/Sakuya/BlueHunter style teams who are obstructed from making many combos by having a line of hearts on one side, Mel even makes her column off the edge so it's not like you can make one easily and have a 6x6 board to play with if using Diablos.

So I think FUA is best used in TPA or 5OEA teams that don't need many combos, maybe?

I have one, so interested to see how best I can use :)

10. wangatang0830

wangatang0830 Well-Known Member

FUA is quite game changing, on pretty much every team. In terms of 'meta' teams, Anubis is best used when paired with Diablos, which combined with the introduction of FUA, is what made Coloseum farmable.

That being said, when i match a heart column on 7x6, i normally push 2 combos to one side of the screen first, like:
    :D:mad:
    :eek::mad:

And especially after a tri-colour/quad-colour board changer, you can usually still manage to get 10 combo off the board.

On 6x5 I agree is when it gets a bit tricky. I would either make a column first and pretend it's a 5x5 board, or push a tpa to the side first before matching the heart column.

In general, I think FUA is OP for every team out there. Many resolve enemies are among the trolliest of all enemies (looking at Kagu, Ilsix, Awoken Sakuya), and being able to obliterate them with just either a natural board or a board changer is huge. This even applies to row teams, since row teams don't specifically 'need' to match rows, but just X connected orbs.

juno likes this.
  11. RaiGomaru

RaiGomaru The BAAAATH!!!

User ID:
    Agree with @wangatang0830

Since the release of Diablos in the west I almost always pair him with either my Kushi or Anubis team. Both have Amatsu on it and doing combos while using FUA is easily doable on a 7x6 board.

Especially for farming Colloseum, FUA is a god blessing since you basically can sweep almost every floor with AnubisxDiablos. For the last three floors I have three heartxcolor boardchangers which makes them always a oneshot.

But I agree, on a normal board FUA might be a problem for high combos teams.

btw. I'm not on discord so I doubt we have talked about that :p sorry

wangatang0830 likes this.
  12. Golden119

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    @wangatang0830 @RaiGomaru thanks, I admit I haven't tried it and I guess I didn't consider Norn-like board changes as perhaps the answer. I'll give it a go sometime. I was thinking it would still be hard with even 7x6, I wouldn't even entertain the idea with 6x5 :depressed:

Deft and wangatang0830 like this.
  13. Golden119

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Sea of Stars challenge mode beaten using Anubis + Diablo with bicolour + Mel and follow up attack as killshot. Previously I ran same setup in A3 defeating several Resolve creatures until I realised I had no answer to Vishnu ;) It was pretty easy like you said @wangatang0830 @RaiGomaru :cool:

8owser, Dooku, Bluecheese and 2 others like this.
  14. akimarru

akimarru It's okay... I know someday i'm gonna be with you.

User ID:
    EU - 744,944,247 //JP - 376,060,675
    PADherder:
    link
    Sorry if im double posting been out of the forom lately. Juste cleared C10 and wanted to know if anyone tried on C11 and with what team. Lately im only playing Dathena and feel like im usless with anything else now.

Bluecheese likes this.
  15. RaiGomaru

RaiGomaru The BAAAATH!!!

User ID:
    Initially tried to beat C11 with Amenominakanushi but noticed that my Xiu Min had a healer killer (don't know why I thought he would have a balanced killer).

Switched to Anubis x Diablos and tangled her down "fairly" easy. Subbed in RevoYomi (since I'm a scrub with no 2x Diao Chans).

You basically have to wittle her down under 50% HP for a few times since she heals herself once. After that you might need a shield or so (depends on your team) since she hits way harder.

akimarru likes this.
  16. akimarru

akimarru It's okay... I know someday i'm gonna be with you.

User ID:
    EU - 744,944,247 //JP - 376,060,675
    PADherder:
    link
    well i guess i have 365 days to make up a team that can handle this dungeon. back to boredom.

17. Bluecheese

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    That's the ticket!
    Positive outlook.
    Always the best :)