[EU] Teambuilding Help Thread (ask for help here)

Discussion in 'EU General' started by Seb, Jul 2, 2015.

1. Seb

Seb Coolest Kid in the Room

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    OK, so I don't know if this is a thing that should be in the EU section (@Yosti please advise*), but I thought it might be good, since people often want help making teams, if we had a centralised place to ask for help, whether a general "Halp, box is confusing" or more specific "I need to beat Hera-Beorc, but I cannae make the right team".

I'll start by asking what my best combo team could be, since I'm pretty much done with my devils and need a different playstyle for the next team I make (and plus).

*The idea is that this be an EU community thing, so if it's not appropriate to be here, I'd rather delete it entirely than move it, since the Monster Lineup section in the main forum does the same job over there, so this would be redundant in there.

2. Yosti

Yosti Awoken Dancing King Staff Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I actually thought that we already had such a thread here but I'm not sure and I can't seem to find it. On the one hand, I know that several felllow mods would like more integration of the EU community in the general forum so that would be a vote against a seperate part here. On the other hand, this thread is not meant for a specific team build but rather for all kinds of team questions. As the EU member base is most familiar with the monsters we actualle have here, I think there is added value of having this thread. Let's see how it works out!

3. Fratboy

Fratboy The good kind of Stoner

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    There's a general forum?? From what I've seen in the chat it's completely flooded with NA douchebags who shoot down every PAD related question with the exception of a couple....

Very up for this thread btw.

magnifico and xanxas like this.
  4. aspirina

aspirina Say no to drugs!

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I like this side of the pond, NA feels impersonal and sometimes even passive aggressive, dunno I prefer having this on our little cozy hidden lake of tranquility...

PD. Just came back from a dinner with some japanese clients... don't mind what I say tonight....

5. oathbound

oathbound Well-Known Member

I never and will never go outside of the EU section :woot:

6. Marioman95

Marioman95 AKA YoshiFarmz

User ID:
    Time for me to step in and have my say regarding the recent posts here, haha!

Yeah, there's a general forum. And honestly not everyone is that bad over there. Granted, there are a fair few who are 'douchebags'.
    I've spent a lot of time outside of the eu section and overall have a mixed view over it. Some are cool. Some are awesome.
    I'll just say this though - if I never opened my doors to the other sections of the forums I would have never met and gotten into such a close friendship with people like Dubby and Reni. It's well worth a go, if you don't like the people - simply ignore them or alternatively do a me and rant to the point you get banned (that I don't suggest btw, a ban isn't the way to go... ain't cool)

Some people are a bit aggressive to eu players, I've noticed that as well. It's a minority, but it definitely does happen. Don't know if the mods are aware or not? @Yosti are you? Lol :p

Overall, I think this post is a good one for eu and should stay in this section to help eu players. That being said, as Yosti stated previously it would be nice to see the forum come together more as a whole and my suggestion is pretty simple.
    Use the chat system (it works like snap chat but longer, you message - it goes when pushed away) that's on the forums from time to time whilst sticking to the eu section. That way you're staying in, but still communicating with those from other regions. If they start to abuse cos of our region differences, just use the ignore feature.

I hope this helps and honestly, speaking from the bottom of my heart - I do hope we can see more of you guys in chat soon!
    :) Just from my forum experiences as a whole.

7. Seb

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Ah, we are such lovely insular Yank-ophobic bastards. (EDIT: Apart from Mario, who actually ventures forth from our little Hobbiton like Bilbo and Frodo did, probably having marvellous adventures; and like all the other hobbits in the books, we find that rather odd and wonder what it is with Bagginses and their bizarre desire to experience the wider world. We'll just sit here with our pipeweed and ale, and chat about the latest harvest and get our excitement from the latest gossip about what crazy things the Tooks are doing.)

I have to say, the coziness of knowing pretty much everyone and being able to get to know new people reasonably easily makes our little section feel much more homey, while being in the main forum feels a lot more scary and big-wide-world-y, and I think because there are so many people out there folk feel the anonymity of the internet more, so end up being less nice to each other. It's kind of like the difference between Facebook and YouTube comments (well, not actually as bad as YouTube comments.)

P.S. Still eagerly awaiting team requests and/or suggestions of good combo builds for me (particularly Okuni and Hathor)

Last edited: Jul 2, 2015
    Bluecheese, Guroga, Not-Sure and 3 others like this.
  8. Yosti

Yosti Awoken Dancing King Staff Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    @Seb, is your PADHerder up to date? I can't seem to find Okuni himself in there. :p

Anyway, even though you're somewhat done with your Devils, some of them are actually great Okuni subs. I think that Ronia and Persephone make for two great orb changers that can create massive amounts of Dark orbs. I see that you also have a Shadow Dragon Knight. Not the first choice I think, but a 6-turn heart-into-dark orb converter who also clears binds is pretty good for Okuni. For No RCV dungeons, you could even take along Sleeping Beauty for some heart making. You could make something like: Okuni - Ronia - Persephone - Gryps Rider - X - Okuni. This is very orb-conversion heavy team but it should provide you with more than enough Dark orbs. The "X" can be another orb converter (e.g., Anubis), a heart maker (e.g., Sleeping Beauty), a Gravity monster (e.g., Hera) or an orb enhancer (e.g., Hadar). Seems to me like you have many good options for a strong Okuni team. :)

9. Fomalhaut

Fomalhaut Artemis is the #onetruegoddess

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    @Seb Okuni is probably your best choice ATM. You can do some crazy TPA-esque teams(Gryphs Rider MVP)or very heavy dark teams with tons of orb changers(who said Pese?) Or just mix them for something like this:

Okuni/Batgloves/Gryps/Perse/Voice/Okuni

You have to remember some things to play this team:
    1 NO ROWS
    2 If you want to stall,you just have to do less than 6 combos. Rcv multiplier and Perse's high Rcv will do the rest
    3 Don't use Perse if it's impossible to hit 6 combos after activation.
    4 NO ROWS

And remember to have fun ;)

10. felirx

felirx ?_?

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Here's how you build Okuni.

Step 1. Pick dark stable row subs.
    Step 2. ????
    Step 3. It's done.

You might be pretty limited when it comes to power level without the dark stable row subs. You can still clear pretty much any Mythical content, but the lack of damage will start to hurt at some point.

Okuni TPA has been mostly a gimmick this far. It lacks power until we get a nice dark Triple dongs card or more dual TPA cards without useless actives.

For your Okuni team listed, I'd consider swapping Anubis for a Vampire or maybe Rider. Maybe.

11. Not-Sure

Not-Sure aka Quite-Sure

Reluctantly, have to agree. The general and JP parts of the forum are so much less friendly and helpful. Have little desire to post there or to read through the morass of gorp that gets posted. I'm stayin' in Hobbiton.

As for a single thread for team building help, well, not convinced it will work too well without getting horribly confused and cluttered. Much prefer more specific threads where an individual posts a specific problem, e.g. "Help needed to build Okuni team for XY dungeon" or "Getting bored. New team ideas wanted".

Last edited: Jul 3, 2015
  12. Fratboy

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    So long as this thread doesn't get too flooded with "help required" posts, as a community, we should be able to stay on top of it!

13. symplecto

symplecto (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ Staff Member

User ID:
    I agree the EU community is a bit insular, and in an ideal world it would be better if we mixed more.

However I think this thread is a good idea, for the following simple reason: I've posted a couple of threads in the main team-building section (for instance, most recently about Typhon), and none of them have garnered any substantial replies. Meanwhile anything I ask over here immediately gets answered in detail.The reason being, of course, that we all know each other here and thus are motivated to help out.

Anyway, to answer your question:
    For Hathor, how about aiming for:
    Hathor, DL Batman, Awoken Ra, Metatron, Athena, Hathor?
    This looks pretty solid, although with only one time extend it might be hard to play. You could sub out Batman for DL Anubis to get one more extend.

For now I think your Okuni team looks substantially stronger, I would take Perse and Ronia as the key subs. Then probably Lucifer and one of Lu Bu/Vamp/Batman/Anubis depending on the dungeon.

xanxas likes this.
  14. C3L3S73

C3L3S73 o brain where art thou

Problem is (for Mordor I mean) the forums have more users and thus more troll, spammers, people who like to hate.
    Here instead we're less and selected...
    Playing PAD in europe, given we have only IOS and less Gifts, Descended etc, requires some devotion.
    I work a lot New York (Manhattan in particular) and NA in general and my Boss travel in JP 4/5 times a year (JP wife).
    People in both places can be wonderful or bad, exactly like in EU.
    This IMHO!

As for the Thread I share in part your thoughts.
    Maybe help in team building for a particular dungeon should stay in that particular dungeon thread.
    Instead help for a new team or team ideas in general could stay here.

15. Seb

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Yeah, Okuni's in there, it's fully up to date (except levels). And I do want to use Anubis as a dark-maker on the team, especially because his Awoken form has two time extend awakenings. Gryps is pretty weak, though, and he heart breaks without making that many darks, which is risky.

16. Fratboy

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    If I were you then I'd make:

Think that's probably the best build to go for. You don't NEED a Pandora, Haku or DKali for an Okuni team but man, it helps. Useless hearing that I know. Hopefully the delays from Okunis can be used to give you a chance to heal. It kind of lacks rows I realise, you could include your Luci?

17. Seb

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I actually run almost that exact team atm, with Grape instead of Gryps (I like his time extend, though his stats aren't great.) He gives me the same awakenings as Luci + some more, but his heartmaking isn't a huge boon (it does reduce my board to 5 colours instead of 6, which can help, though.)

I guess hoping there was some amazing combination hidden in my box was too much to hope for. Hathor worries me more, since I'm not fast enough to match her colours with only 2 time extends. Panda is my most wished for Okuni sub, though. Active + Awakenings are perfect.

18. felirx

felirx ?_?

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    You can even run something like
    Simulator
    If you want to.
    4 Rows is alright as a baseline. Anything less than that it starts to be iffy. Luficer slot is kind of a waste but his active should improve your baseline a bit and you need those rows if you plan on bursting more than a few million.
    The colors of the subs are a bit diluted so it may or may not have some issues because of that?

Lack of heartmaking sub is an issue. Grape is pretty good for that if you don't have Pandora.

Awoken Anubis is alright if you really need his 2 time extends. Hard to bring since he doesn't bring TPA or Rows, rest of the subs need to be high quality.

19. Fratboy

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Unfortunately you have too wise a head to not build a team decently yourself! For Hathor I'd build:

This seems like the most feasible team to me. Not easy, spent ages looking at your box and was desperate to get Superman in. You could be braver and try not to run Chrono Turtle and run:

There really aren't many light subs in your box with Time extends and Hathor can be tricky. Not saying it's impossible to run Hathor without LKali or DKali but I'm not sure (personally) I'd bother. That's my thought anyway!

20. Seb

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    The curse of my box, I suppose. Bunch of very viable row teams (I mean, I have amazing RoBu subs, a strong Yamato and Wukong team, but eveything else is middling at best. Guess I'll keep rolling and hoping for stronger TPA and time extend teams.

Fratboy likes this.