Fan Art Contest iTunes Giveaway thing!

Discussion in 'Artwork' started by Ryuzaito, Sep 21, 2013.

1. Ryuzaito

Ryuzaito Demon General

User ID:
    Not sure if this belongs in Fan Art or not but here we go~

Ok hi. So, I want to do an iTunes gift card giveaway! Why? Because my PAD blog on tumblr (the www thingy down under my sig) is dying and I need content of course!~

~How It'll Work~
    Submissions will be accepted until the day before the next event starts (so as not to clog up the front page). EDIT: Extended to October 4th, but please PM me your submissions instead of bumping this thread until the 50k Likes event is over! I'll edit new submissions into this post for you.
    I'll post two one submissions (in order of time submitted) every other day on my PAD tumblr starting the first day of the event. From the time those submissions are posted to the time the next two are put up, any notes (reblogs, likes, comments, etc) a submission gets will be counted toward its score and only those notes. The picture with the highest amount of notes wins~

~The Rules~
    1. Draw/design some PAD fan art and post it here.
    2. NSFW is a no-no (and is illegal on the forums anyway so)
    3. Include a signature of some sort so I can be lazy and not have to search around pixiv to see if you stole it (which I'm sure no one would but hey)
    4. Be creative! All styles work here, so you can feel free to do pop art, minimalist, or even stained glass if you like!
    5. Color isn't necessary but it'll probably help unless your submission is meant to be black & white (like Misa's old designs)
    6. No negative comments.
    7. You can submit twice, but you can't use the same monster unless one of your submissions is a collage or something with lots of monsters and doesn't focus on one in particular. EDIT: At the request of kait, you can submit more than two images if you like. However, I will upload them all together as one photoset, so you're basically limiting yourself to one giant submission.

~Other Stuff~
    1. People on tumblr tend to like really cute things and really badass things.
    2. The next event will most likely start in a week so if this gets moved to Fan Art I might extend the submission period if people need it. Extended to October 4th.
    3. The event will probably start on a Friday October 5th is a Saturday. If you think there is a certain day people will be more active online, you could try timing your submission accordingly.
    4. Have fun!
    5. Haven't decided on the amount yet. More submissions will likely it bump it up.
    6. In the event of a tie the submission with more reblogs will win.
    7. If there is a tie and both have the same amount of reblogs, the older submission will win.
    8. I won't post individual scores so people don't feel bad.
    9. If you win you don't have to use the card on magic stones but you probably will anyway right? ;)
    10. If you're lame and use an Android you can get a Google Play card instead ;P

Good luck! :)

Current Submissions
    1. "You Can Have This One" by Pendergast aka Quiscula
    [​IMG]

2. Various Works by kait (imgur album)

3. Izanami by Misa
    [​IMG]

4. Big Slimes by turnip (LOL)
    [​IMG]

5. King Jewel dragons and Flamie by hoppy9046
    [​IMG]

6. REM dragon by Markushio (@PG)
    [​IMG]

2. Pendergast

Pendergast New Member

Hey! I made a thingy - This IS in fact Quiscula and this will also be posted to Facebook by me if you need further verification of who made this thing.

It's a polymer clay piece called "You Can Have This One" (private subtitles include: 'Sucker' and 'You Poor Bastard.')

[​IMG]

http://quiscula.deviantart.com/art/You-Can-Have-This-One-PnD-402372863?ga_submit_new=10%253A1379970797

3. GungHo Guy!!!

GungHo Guy!!! The GungHo Guy!!! Staff Member

Are you the same one who posted this on the PAD Global Group earlier?

4. Pendergast

Pendergast New Member

At Facebook, with an additional side angle photo? Yep. I haven't posted it to the official GH PND FB yet, might later.

5. Misa

Misa New Member

Would really like to see more of the artists of the PF community participate in this~ :)

Moving the thread to Fan Art in the hopes that it will get more visibility and possibly submissions!

6. cullinaire

cullinaire Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    That is so hilarious, awesome work made even better by the title!

7. Princess

Princess Meow?

This sounds awesome and I'd love to participate, but I'd have no way to advertise my image to my fans since I am not comfortable mixing my PaD fan art and my deviantArt account right now. So I have no idea how I could get any votes outside of the visitors your blog gets.

Compared to other entrants who have blogs and twitters and facebook and active dA pages to solicit votes with, I wouldn't have a fair chance.

Oh well. Already some good stuff. Best of luck to everyone!

8. Pendergast

Pendergast New Member

I'm not soliciting votes, not sure anyone is but who knows. The voting scheme is strictly through OP's tumblr. You could use IMGUR or another anonymous hosting service to simply host an image of your work and post it here or PM it to Ryu to be on tumblr there.

9. Princess

Princess Meow?

If there was a rule against soliciting outside votes then I'd participate, but that would suck a little for Ryu because he wants to draw MORE attention to his blog and getting all your friends to visit the page to vote would be a great way to get new people to see the blog in general.

Since this is an "advertising" move to revive his site and gain some attention and readers, he should technically be encouraging his entrants to solicit votes everywhere they can.

10. Ryuzaito

Ryuzaito Demon General

User ID:
    Well, I'm not really doing this for new followers, I just wanted to keep the current ones entertained. And I don't think? anyone is trying to bring in voters so I'd say you're in the clear. But if anyone is planning on bringing in a little cult or something stahp >~<;

11. turnip

turnip Member

[attachment=5036]big slimes.

done with paint and a mouse lol

12. Princess

Princess Meow?

turnip, that's hilarious. I love how you drew the blue one.

13. Princess

Princess Meow?

Hey Ryu, I decided to draw the new Ulti-Evo Bastet for your contest, but I still need to color it and my computer keeps crashing when I open photoshop. When you say we have until the 4th, does that mean it ends on the beginning of the 4th (12:01am tonight) or the end of the 4th (11:59pm tomorrow night)? And what time zone are you going by?

14. Ryuzaito

Ryuzaito Demon General

User ID:
    11:59 tomorrow Pacific ^^

15. Princess

Princess Meow?

Okie dokie, hopefully I get this working in time.

16. Ryuzaito

Ryuzaito Demon General

User ID:
    Contest has ended, kait has won! Thanks to everyone for participating, it kept my blog alive for a little bit longer! ^_^

17. aquarake

aquarake New Member

So what was the prize? In dollar amount?

18. Misa

Misa New Member

Congrats kait! :)

I really wouldn't ask this question if I were you... :s

19. aquarake

aquarake New Member

Meaning it was ridiculously low, or decently high.

20. Pendergast

Pendergast New Member

Congratulations to the winner!