FF Trade

Discussion in 'Q&A' started by kandjar, Aug 6, 2019.

1. kandjar

kandjar President of the Otaku Waifu Association

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Hi,

I guess this is a two questions post, the first one is:
    - which one do you consider worth trading for? in which quantity? (for example: "it's worth trading for a second Aerith" or "it's worth trading up two two lightnings")

The second one: assuming you have more stones left in ur pad account, is it worth to trade 1, 2, 3, or 4 GFEs vs 1 FF
    6*. Let me explain here:
    Recently we've been having 10* higher rate Special GFE; which is great to build up trade fodder. However, this FF collab has an insanely good 6* drop rate (well unless unlucky).
    The bottom line is: even if there's a card worth trading for, I don't think it's worth trading 3 or 4 GFEs for it.
    Is it worth to trade 1 or 2 GFEs with 2 or 3 6* FF collab? That would be the question.

2. MisterDrgn

MisterDrgn You can't take the sky from me. Staff Member

User ID:
    If you definitely want an FF monster, the high 6-star rate means you're better off pulling in the FF machine than in the 10-stone GF machine. You'll get trade fodder at a comparable rate, and you might just get the monster you want.

That said, I don't get why everyone's excited about the FF collab. The 6-stars got big buffs and cool new evos, but that still doesn't mean these are top leads. They mostly seem like interesting/niche subs/inherits. I dunno, I heard Tifa/Yusuke is good in AA3 or something?

3. kandjar

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Tifa is consider a top-tier lead for AA3, pairing with either Yusuke or DKarin (prefered I think).

4. MisterDrgn

MisterDrgn You can't take the sky from me. Staff Member

User ID:
    Looks like you've got that covered. What about the rest of them?

5. kandjar

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Perso, I'm debatting about trading for a second Aerith, or a second Lightning or a first Yuna...

To be fair, at first, I didn't think that collab was good...
    But after a closer look, I found myself interested in multiple cards:
    - Aerith for her 1 CD active, as well as her crystal form. (Pulled 1, debating for trading for a seconds)
    - Lightning as lead, I like color combo lead (played a lot of Base Saber), she's one of the best combo lead of the game right now.
    - Lightning's crystal form is also really strong, strict upgrade of the horse.
    - I've heard Cecil's crystal form is pretty good too.

Freddyfudrucker likes this.
  6. sl946

sl946 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Yusuke has a higher HP multiplier and comes with a double VDP. DKarin needs fewer light orbs for full activation and has a 7c plus two killers. Neither is strictly better than the other. It just depends on what you need for a specific dungeon.

7. kandjar

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Alright, couldn't resist, few more roll, now, I have 2 tifa and 4 seph, thinking about keeping one of each and trading away 1 tifa and 3 seph for one of the other 6*.
    Leaning toward Yuna.

EDIT: To be more clear, as 6* FF I have:
    1 Cloud
    1 Aerith
    1 Lightning
    2 Tifa
    and 4 Sephiroth

8. Noc

Noc Active Member

User ID:
    Noc
    PADherder:
    link
    I was making the same decision for my alt with 0 Yunas and 0 Aeriths, and actually went with Yuna because:
    1) Yuna's character>Aerith (FF7 is great, but Aerith is bland)
    2) Yuna's art>Aerith's art
    3) Viz is also a 1 cd card. While they have different typing, which means Aerith might eventually be uniquely useful, Aerith is single typed which is pretty crappy considering almost all the other 6 stars are double or triple typed and that healer leads are barely a thing anymore.
    4) Yuna is an amazing TE stick. For me this holds extra value because I suck, but it still frees up other slots for subs, like Aerith, who don't bring their own TEs.
    5) I have other resist cards to compensate for not having Aerith's equip.
    Since you have Cloud, there is a strong argument for having at least one Aerith that's not an equip (especially if you also happen to have Bride Zela), but equips are reversible now so you can always change her back and forth at the cost of some mats.

9. kandjar

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Lol, very valid argument! I concur.

Aerith is also fun to have for let say, some C10 :p

Just cleared A5 w/ Tifa lead, and yeah I feel that TE need big time lol

Indeed, I think i m gonna keep Aerith in her non-crystal form for now, and yeah i m still strongly leaning toward Yuna (for more option too as u say I can always swap Aerith back and forth as cost of evo/skill up mats)
    But I ll wait until the last day... as... although I shouldn't... I might me tempted to do a yolo roll at the very end.

10. axlpowa

axlpowa Well-Known Member

User ID:
    Being the (at least?) the 3rd iteration of the collab, I had plenty of dupes and the collab seems to give me mostly the same bad 6*, so I ended up trading. I don't know if I would have traded as much if I had to use my GFE though.

I ended up trading 6 Sephiroth and 2 Balthier for 2 Aeris. I still have 2 Sephiroth and 2 Balthier along with 2 Yuna, 2 Lightning, 1 Cecil (wish I had 1-2 more..), 1 Cloud (wish I had 1 more) and 3 Tifa.

I'm thinking of trading Seph, Balthier, 2 Tifa for (or 2 Seph, 1 Balthier 1 Tifa) for another Cecil..

My quick $0.02:

• Aeris is definitely worth it, Both evo and crystal form are outstanding. You cannot underestimate the value of 1cd heart skyfalls and the package deal of utilities the crystal form has is really great.

• Cecil crystal form, especially the fujin one is also very good. Unbindable equip, heart tricolor board change, fujin, resist in one package? OK, jammers are not the best, but still. The dark version for attribute absorb can come in handy too.

• I would not trade for Tifa if you have any of her pairing lead, it's kinda like Diablos all over again, you don't need your own most of the time.

• Cloud is great, real great, but is not a game changer for most of us.

• Yuna is also a very good utility package (6 fingers!!) but not worth 4 GFE IMO.

11. kandjar

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I agree with you about the cards; but I would'nt trade 4 GFE for any. I was mostly considering trading 1 GFE and 3 6*, or maybe 2 and 2.
    Not more; the diamond rate is too high and the cards are not complete-game-changer (like once was Yusuke) to trade GFE here.

OH and I did Light Cecil, It turns out, the jammer resist is worth it for me :) Nowadays, I usually manage to get around 100% poison, 100% blind, and 60 to 80 jammer; he's fit perfectly the gap.
    No more stupid bombs :D

12. sl946

sl946 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Having played around with the Tifa/DKarin and Tifa/demon Yusuke pairings, they are both incredibly good. I have only done a few runs, but so far both teams have a 100% clear rate on A5 and AA2. I can't remember even being in serious danger yet on A5. I like these teams better than ZKitty, DMeta, or any of the other "top tier" leads I normally run (and my ZKitty team in particular is very solid). And I don't even own BZela. These teams would be even more broken with her. At this point, my personal opinion is that it's worth trading for Tifa if you don't have DKarin or demon Yusuke assuming you have the right subs. (Aside from BZela, time extend subs help a lot. I have been running Yuna on my account, and my wife likes to run both Zinogre and gudetama on hers.)

Noc likes this.
  13. Noc

Noc Active Member

User ID:
    Noc
    PADherder:
    link
    It's fascinating how people have such different preferences when it comes to leader skills. My alt rolled Tifa on the first day of the FF collab. I tried running her in endless corridors to get a feel for her because 7x6 is really hit or miss with me. And somehow the combination of a blob-ish lead with 7x6 felt super awkward for me (regardless of TE count). I actually had a similar reaction to Odysseus when he was released. So I ended up rolling a couple of more times and then trading all my Noctis and Tifa dupes for Aerith (my alt already traded for Yuna at that point). I seem to prioritize happy, fuzzy puzzling feelings over clearing content :) So far I've been pleasantly surprised by Cloud, blown away by Lightning (who will unfortunately be held back by VDP issues), and disappointed by Tifa.

14. sl946

sl946 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Yeah, the Achilles heal of these teams is that you need either a million TE's (and/or super fast puzzling skills) to make it work. You really have to move fast if there are only five light orbs on the board and you need to blob them and then hit 6 additional combos. Yuna, gudetama, and Zinogre all help a lot since they give you tons of move time along with relevant skills and awakenings. If you pair with DKarin, you can also activate with 5 fire orbs, which makes it a little easier. But the team can inflict crazy damage with 3x (or 2.25x) hps and the ability to heal to full with 3 heart orbs, so the advantages are also significant.

15. kandjar

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    After debating if I should or not get a second Aerith, I realized something: skill up mat are stackable and can be traded for.
    Sadly this won't work for Aerith as THERE ARE NO SKILL UP MAT :-(

But if for example you're consider switching Lightning between her mat form and her regular form, you should trade a bunch bronze tokens for her skill up mats. It's better imho to use 4 skillup mats and a light king tan than 4 light py.

16. Murdurus

Murdurus Rampage

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Is Lightning really all that good? I have one and I took her in to Endless Corridors and even bringing Zinogre and Dark RaDra as subs and getting 10 combos (after making 8), the damage still looked pretty underwhelming. It wasn't so much it was bad but it just wasn't great, at least definitely not to the point where I would be willing to trade for her. I then compare it to my Zinogre x C.Uruka team and that just blows Lightning out of the water. Granted, the team doesn't have 4x HP but it's also not restricted to Light subs either and it does have a conditional shield activation. So am I missing something? I mean I understand that 100M damage really isn't needed for most things but when you do need it, it's going to painfully obvious and Lightning falls behind when it comes to numbers like that. I even tried pairing Lightning with Yuna and still, even though the damage is better than with two Lightnings, it's not great. Maybe what people are doing is supplementing the lower damage with killer latents?

17. Noc

Noc Active Member

User ID:
    Noc
    PADherder:
    link
    It's slightly inconvenient, but my approach has always been to wait until I'm fairly certain I'm done rolling and then repeatedly run the skill up dungeon. I take the same approach in godfests, so I'm always sitting on a massive surplus of py and rainbow py because I rarely use mats to skill up anything (mega awoken GFEs being an obvious exception).
    For me, the beautiful thing about Lightning is that I'm at 4x hp, heal pretty well because Lightning and most of my subs have solid RCV (not to mention that healing is affected by combo counts), and very reliably land 10-14 combos depending on skyfalls after the combo boost from her leader skill. The combo boost also makes landing 7c and fua trivially easy. Beyond that, Lightning effortlessly gives me about 20-30 mil per sub, with the exception of Zinogre who hits for closer to 100 mil with the the 10c SA. So it's a nice amount of tankiness and reliably (and effortlessly) putting out a very respectable amount of damage while landing a ridiculous number of combos.

18. Noc

Noc Active Member

User ID:
    Noc
    PADherder:
    link
    I've actually been using Lightning for reliable Carat-less Training arena runs :) My basic team has been Lightning (Devil killers, Astalos assist-for killers)/Yuna/Rin Tohsaka (Sheen-TE princess)/NY Yomi or Viz/Zinogre. I've leveled all of them to 110 and carried off-color cards like Mega Kali and Diablos. And I've managed to make it work for Cloud as well by tossing in an off-color card that covers two colors and putting the enhance on Cloud.

grinder likes this.