FF trading

Discussion in 'Q&A' started by I_Grok, Aug 17, 2019.

1. I_Grok

I_Grok Comb the desert

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I'm debating either reading for a second Aerith (equip) or Tifa (1st), suggestions?

I'd be trading 3rd cloud and 3rd lighting plus fodder. I do have BZela for cloud. I run Zela kitty, DMeta, occasionally Rin, Planar, both Yusuke.

Is Tifa really going to be that big of a step up for anything?

I could also wait on something shiny and new in the future...

2. Freddyfudrucker

Freddyfudrucker Well-Known Member

User ID:
    Freddyfud
    Rely on friends with Tifa cause Aerith equip is

[​IMG]

BurningMan likes this.
  3. Murdurus

Murdurus Rampage

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Aerith's equip is good but how much you need it is dependent on who you have available for equips. Like are you able to get full resist with what you have available to you? Or how about with Trojan Horse? Arguably, Lightning's crystal is just as good because it covers a resist for all 3. For myself personally, I actually don't need Aerith's resist because I have Yoh and Trojan Horse to give me double resist for everything and then I just equip a triple resist for each hazard with Bradley's swords, Guile's sunglasses and Paulumu's weapon to get full resist. So in my case, Aerith's equip won't really help me. I can shuffle around my resist equips but it would still take the same number of equips in the end anyway. So how much you need Aerith's equip will ultimately be up to you and what you have available.

As far as Tifa goes, a lot of people are reporting a lot of success running her with Yusuke but I haven't tried myself personally. Aside from that, I haven't heard too many people running her although Mantastic did have some success running her with Yuna. For the most part, Tifa only really shines in teams that can take advantage of primarily light teams because of her light rows. If you intend to run Tifa with Yusuke, then whether or not Tifa is worth it depends on whether or not you have Yusuke because you could just use a friend Tifa. If you don't have Yusuke, then it's really more of a matter of how much you want to run that team and if you don't, how many other viable 7x6 leads you have available to you. For example, I have Campus Uruka and she's a great 7x6 lead for rainbow teams so I don't really need Tifa unless I intend to run her with Yusuke. So again, whether or not Tifa is worth it depends largely on what you intend to do with her and what else you have available to you.

4. Noc

Noc Active Member

User ID:
    Noc
    PADherder:
    link
    The big issue with borrowing Tifa from friends is that you'll only have access to Tifa as long as people are running her. And she'll become increasingly hard to find as her popularity subsides because you'll be relying on GH's wonky friend system to find an unmatched lead (this won't go well). That still leaves the question of whether or not you like her playstyle, including 7x6, and whether or not having Tifa would allow you to clear content that you wouldn't be able to clear otherwise.

As for Aerith, the big strike against her is that you already have one. In the past, having two meant that you could keep one as an equip and one as UEVO. But equips are now reversible. So unless you see yourself constantly switching between the two evos, you'll probably have enough jewels lying around to change things up. The exception to this would be if you need two concurrently, e.g. you're planning on running a Cloud team with an Aerith sub that would benefit from an Aerith equip.

5. Freddyfudrucker

Freddyfudrucker Well-Known Member

User ID:
    Freddyfud
    This is an exception???

OP, d Kali board and full bind clear in 12 turns. That’s the cake. The awakenings are the icing.

6. BurningMan

BurningMan Dropping the green Bomb

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Yeah she is the most flexible full bind clear assist. She doesn't mess with your health like jhoira or anna assist do so she also works for dzeta and dmeta and dkali board doesn't mess with any activation requirements while providing hearts. Probably one of the most future proof assists in that regard.

Freddyfudrucker likes this.
  7. Noc

Noc Active Member

User ID:
    Noc
    PADherder:
    link
    Yes, the exception :) I'm not questioning the value of the equip, but of Aerith's other forms. I don't see myself using more than one of the equip at a time and I have no problem shuffling it around from team-to-team. While permanent heart skyfalls are nice, I'm not a fond of the awakenings of base Aerith or UEVO Aerith or her single typing. She feels pretty niche to me. To each his own though :)

8. BurningMan

BurningMan Dropping the green Bomb

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    in a vacuum Base aerith is probably the best one cd active card in the game, heart skyfall is super useful for all teams and her awakenings are strong as a support card. However she only really fits on cloud right now who is okay but not super strong and so her future use is highly dependent on a leader that can properly abuse her.

Cheeseghost likes this.
  9. Cheeseghost

Cheeseghost Lazyyyyy

User ID:
    Whoah whoah, hold on!!! Shes awesome on valkitty for the 5 people in the world who have her..lol

BurningMan likes this.
  10. Murdurus

Murdurus Rampage

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Ryu is crying in a corner somewhere.

11. sl946

sl946 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I'm late to this discussion, but Tifa also pairs extremely well with DKarin. I guess the discussion of whether or not she is worth trading for is moot at this point, but I find the Tifa/demon Yusuke and Tifa/DKarin to be one of my strongest teams at the moment.