First Arena 3 clear on day 1300!

Discussion in 'Rants and Accomplishments' started by Tek7, Oct 24, 2017.

1. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Today is day 1300 on my main account!

[​IMG]

I had been planning to try Arena 3 with my Amemina team for at least a week now and finally found the time today. The first run was a bust. I made a silly mistake on Hel and got KO'd.

But on the second try I CLEARED ARENA 3! Huzzah!

Teams were:

Main: Amemina ! non-Awoken Orochi / L/B Paimon ! Apoc / L/B Alcyone ! RApollo / RDQXQ ! ADQXQ / FUA Paimon ! Saria

Alt: Arondight ! Muse / Yuna / LEscha / RDQXQ / RApollo

Notable spawns included Sopdet, Vishnu, Beelzebub, GaiaDrag, and LKali. Yes, Vishnu AND Sopdet on the same run. Amemina's damage control is wonderful.

I didn't OHKO Kali, but I came close.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I didn't have any mass attack lasers on either team, so I had to burst down the pys.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Running split leads with Arondight reduced my damage output, but it also gave me the HP I needed to tank GaiaDrag's first attack. I was able to KO her before the next attack.

GaiaDrag didn't drop, but I got her from the recent OSC so I'm not too salty. Got a healer killer latent and a shynpy.

I did not bring any shield actives.

I'm excited to achieve one of my longstanding PAD goals! Now I feel like I can semi-retire in peace. :)

Vaedriel, hookfang, tanpopo and 12 others like this.
  2. Iluvatar

Iluvatar Semi-IAP..damn you GH

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Nice clear, I recently hit my 1500 day, kinda wanted to do the whole box tour thing just haven't gotten around to it.

Tek7 likes this.
  3. HappyNoms

HappyNoms Ogliarchial collectivist

PADherder:
    link
    8 days from 1300 I think, by memory.
    It's been a pleasure to be playing pad and posting on forums in your company.
    Congrats on the clear.

Tek7 likes this.
  4. CloudnineXXX

CloudnineXXX Well-Known Member

PADherder:
    link
    Congrats...sounds like it's colosseum time!

Tek7 likes this.
  5. LazarusPD

LazarusPD .

User ID:
    quit
    Congrats Tek!

Tek7 likes this.
  6. bookwyrm

bookwyrm Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    You took a lot fewer tries than me to beat A3; congrats!

Tek7 likes this.
  7. sgt502

sgt502 ばかぷれーやー

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    A few first tries you feel like you won't be able to beat this, then the magic moment came. You beat it and next thing you know you'll farm it in no time.
    Congrats!!!

Tek7 likes this.
  8. LostTie

LostTie NA 395.139.413

WOw! Good one there Tek. Congrat on both count.

How did you do it without Fujin? I thought Fujin is mandatory on all end content.

Tek7 likes this.
  9. xer 21

xer 21 Mathematically the Worst Player on the Forums

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    fujin isnt mandatory, it just makes life easier. your main concern is hera dragon. not all teams need to have a fujin.

sopdet and parvati can be handled on most teams via damage control, and vishnu can be handled with longer delays like D Athena or Orochi.

also, none of those spawns are guaranteed. if you're ok with like a 50% clear rate, there's a decent chance you wont run into either vishnu or hera dragon, which are the only spawns worht using fujin on.

LostTie and wangatang0830 like this.
  10. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Thanks for the congratulations, everyone! :)

Funny you should ask...

So when I attempted A3 the first time, I didn't take the time to re-evaluate my teams or change assists. I had previously thrown non-Awoken Orochi on my Amemina for stats and pseudo SDR (even though I already have 2 SDR latents on Amemina). Amemina is max-skilled, but the non-Awoken Orochi wasn't and still isn't. So the total cooldown for Amemina to use the delay active was 34 turns.

Well, I tend to conserve actives, perhaps even to a fault, when running more difficult content. IIRC, I was 2-3 turns in to the fight against Vishnu when I noticed Amemina's assist skill--Force--was up. So I popped the delay, carefully controlled my damage over the next few turns, and KO'd Vishnu. I believe it took every single turn of the delay to finish him off.

I forgot to mention that I also got Lakshmi during my run. :x

And I think I got DIza (10 turns of time debuff), too. And I had and have no time buff active on the team.

Whereas my first A1 clear took 19 attempts with my Myr team and I felt like I finally did it in large part because I got less difficult spawns, I feel more like I earned this clear. Sort of. Then I consider how absurdly strong Amemina x Arondight is and it takes me down a peg. :D

But I still feel good about the clear and it still counts!

Nope! No interest in Colosseum.

Maybe if I pull some even more ridiculously OP lead from Dragon Forest REM, I'll reconsider, but I did what I came to do and it's time for me to scale back the time and energy I invest in PAD. I have my reasons, which I plan to expound on in a separate thread soon, but it boils down to (1) deciding to spend more time helping out around the house, (2) wanting to return to traditional games and spend more of what little free time I have on titles like Metroid: Samus Returns and, come Friday, Super Mario Odyssey, and (3) I don't like some of the recent changes to PAD (specifically, the next level of powercreep in the form of Dragon Forest REM, the push to 7x6 boards, 60-day mail expiration, and the level cap increase).

But the nice thing about PAD is that I can semi-retire, play casually again, set my own goals and pursue them at my own pace, then jump back in if the mood strikes later down the road.

I don't plan on farming A3 because I'm missing 2 essential pieces for consistent and easier clears: a strong light pixel monster (Lightning, Cloud, or Yuna) and a Fujin active.

If I acquire a strong light pixel monster (and Angel doesn't count) and a Fujin active in the future, I might reconsider. After all, I was surprised to discover that farming A1 with Amemina x Arondight is pretty fun.

Aww, thank you so much! :) I've really enjoyed participating in this community. You and many others have made me feel welcome, answered my questions patiently, and encouraged me often.

And don't worry, I don't plan on going anywhere. I may not be as active now that I've cleared A3, but I'd like to shift some of the attention I'd dedicated to my own progress to helping other players as time allows. I think it'd be fun to help other players through mid-game content in co-op as well.

Again, thank you all the cheers and friendly posts!

11. qyu

qyu Well-Known Member

User ID:
    grats on the clear!

Tek7 likes this.