Fixed leader and helper challenge.

Discussion in 'Rants and Accomplishments' started by kandjar, Jul 18, 2019.

1. kandjar

kandjar President of the Otaku Waifu Association

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I should really try to make more video :)

For challenge 1 and 2, I went completely blind.
    So far, I'm also enjoying this new set of challenge.

Challenge 1: If you have 2 kuroyuri, this really is a no brainer, u pretty much can't die; I went in with the following team:
    , no inherits.... (yeah, I know...)
    The team could definitely be much better; yet, cleared first try.

Challenge 2: This time, I paid for my stupidity, first try, I went in with:

Still no inherits... but my biggest mistake was to NOT read the Leader skill, thinking it was just a color combo lead...
    Basically, I took F1 below its grudge threshold, and died...

Second time around, I went in with different team: this time, I made sure to bring tape resist.

(I still didn't bother with inherit, whatever was on my sub, I didn't change them, turned out to be a good thing)
    Again, I started the dungeon without checking the LS, however, my sub were doing more damage, allowing me to easily clear F1 and F2...
    On F3, I pop eva active, but noticed that the damage multiplier was a lot higher... I finally checked the LS on F4 and realized that I must have matched 4+ connected green on F3.... :D
    With this new info, F4 was trivial :)
    F5 was a pain due to the lack on Blind resist, took me some turns to clear it. I found "the shield" inherit to be handy.
    But more importantly: F6, the orochi guy, this is where I really appreciated the book! :D
    Being able to counter his 10 turns time reduction was really nice.
    And since I didn't not bring any VDP sub, I went the alternative route: only doing 16x damage, avoiding to match 4 greens. It worked.

xer 21 and Noc like this.
  2. Noc

Noc Active Member

User ID:
    Noc
    PADherder:
    link
    I'm with you on liking the new set of challenges. I usually hate fixed team challenges because I feel like Gungho is effectively twisting my arm into using particular actives and playstyles.

These challenges force me to play new leads, which is refreshing, while still allowing me to tweak my teams to my own preferences and abilities. And I enjoy teambuilding at least as much as P&D's actual puzzle mechanics, so I enjoy searching my box for new builds :)

The only thing that would make these challenges more fun for me would be if they reduced the stamina requirement to encourage us to take more risks and experiment more.

I used a kuroyuri system on the first one as well. But on the second, the only sub we had in common was Amatsu. I ran Revo Sakuya to gravity Orochi so I could one-shot him the next turn, Amatsu (fua/water coverage), NY Yomi (more time and to undo Orochi's time debuff), and Rex to convert poison, bombs, etc. into wood orbs so I could easily trigger Kali's leader skill.

xer 21 and kandjar like this.
  3. Freddyfudrucker

Freddyfudrucker Well-Known Member

User ID:
    Freddyfud
    This one just reminds me how pissed I am I still don’t have school Kali.

yamo and Noc like this.
  4. JG77

JG77 Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Agreed on loving this challenge set. I think they should add that you continue to get rewards if you clear it again with a completely different team.....maybe 5 clears per account or something like that.

Decided to run a green team for the School Kali one and used some subs I hadn't used in a while. Easy clear with: Tardis^Rathian, Bastet^Sakuya, Spica^Mel, OdinDrag^Odin.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2019
  5. BurningMan

BurningMan Dropping the green Bomb

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Yeah fixed teams are fun the second one gave me more trouble than it should have though mainly because i was too lazy to swap around inherits.
    Really shows how much rainbow leads suck against fua though i always had to use both kalis to get 5 hearts and when i did i never got enough greens...

6. Murdurus

Murdurus Rampage

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    These challenges are definitely pretty fun and challenging and I wouldn't mind seeing more of them. The reward also makes them worthwhile and not just for a stone and some other crap that are essentially worthless to the most of us.

The first one, I ran with OdinDra / RagDra / Mizutsune / Mizutsune, I really didn't need the second Mizutsune. I just ran Mizutsune because I thought I needed heart generation but I didn't really but the recovery did come in useful, especially on the first floor. This one was particularly frustrating because for whatever reason, the game crashed on me twice; one time, I was going for the kill shot on Kaguya and the second time was on Bacches. So I essentially had to beat the dungeon 3 times and fighting Leeza is arguably the most annoying and hardest part of the whole dungeon.

The second one, I ran with OdinDra / RagDra / Alphonse / Bradley. I got pretty lucky with the resists since my OdinDra was the only one with a resist equip with the Horse. I could have done the resist equips properly but I was lazy. So due to my stupid luck, I managed to beat it on my first attempt.

The third one, I ran with OdinDra / G.Cotton / Zela / Zela so essentially my Zela Kitty team. Most of this wasn't really a problem and only required significant amount of stalling during the last floor because of the damage reduction shield. However, Zela is pretty broken so there's that as well.

7. kandjar

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Third challenge:

- again, went in without looking (coz more fun)
    - BUT: I was stupid in building my team lol, here it is:

My main goal was: bind clear (checked), then have enough time to move around (checked), and +combo in case of crazy combo requirement floors (checked)....
    Yeah..... Just forgot couple of things:
    - NO Fua.... Which I realized after matching a column of heart on F1 with some nice cross cascade... etc... causing me to loose all my awoken skills for 8 turns (or 10 don't remember)
    - No red sub... meaning: red crosses do literally nothing... Great when you have a 3-color board changer w/ red and no light.

Aside that, thing went well, the dungeon wasn't too difficult.
    Finished the last floors with 2 light crosses, forgot to combo w/ Saber to be at full HP (and have karin dealing an insane amount of damage...) but worked:

8. yamo

yamo Well-Known Member

Don't feel bad, I YOLO'ed her like ages ago and never use her...

Freddyfudrucker likes this.
  9. Noc

Noc Active Member

User ID:
    Noc
    PADherder:
    link
    I don't care for the next one. And the giant board and resolve in round 1 is just lame. I hate Odysseus and for whatever reason I can't get past high combo count, match 5, and 7x6 no matter how many time extends I stack. Perhaps this is what I get for not buying a phone with a bigger screen. I can manage match 5 and 7c on a standard board :p

10. kandjar

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    *Challenge 4*

I ended up bringing the proper team for this one...
    I was thinking: I need poison resist and a way to deal with resolve spawn...

I took:
    /
    with some poison resist weapon.

Floor 1: Pop Eva for an easy clear.
    Floor 2: Almost died, coz I had forgotten that Gigamesh was requiring a 5 light or red match to trigger his LS....
    Accidentally found out after popping Ryu when his countdown was at 1. (then checked the leader skill when I realized I was doing a lot more damage)
    Floor 3: Stall a few turn coz I sucked :D moved on with my skill bound for a few turns.
    Floor 4: This is where I was really happy to have 100% poison resist!
    Floor 5: with the skill delay I ended up doing it the hard way... matching the column of heart; Ryu was still useful to already have the 5+ light matched.
    Floor 6: Stalled a few turns thinking I needed Gilgamesh (I would have had to stall anyway as my other skills needed charging); then I realized it was a void damage shield, which made me super happy to have brought Saber along :D I ended up using both: Eva + Saber after his 99% gravity for an fairly straight forward Blue VDP clear.

Saber and Eva were definitively the MVP here.

11. I_Grok

I_Grok Comb the desert

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I enjoyed these. I hope they become a more regular thing. Set leaders is better than the given team/ rng tournament structure.

JG77 and xer 21 like this.