Flay's Journey - So Long And Thanks For All The Eggs!

Discussion in 'Blogs' started by Flaycrow, Apr 24, 2015.

1. Flaycrow

Flaycrow Unknown Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I like the God typing and God-killer awakenings on YomiDra. I am hoping to roll a dupe for the awoken form when it comes out so I can keep both.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2016
  2. Flaycrow

Flaycrow Unknown Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Susano? Naah, I can actually hit 6 combos so I don't need a shield.

3. Carlos R. Marti-Figueroa

Carlos R. Marti-Figueroa Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Ohhhh my bad lol. Its funny I bought indra in mine and hit 7 combos without skyfall both times. I swear I only choke when I have pressure. It's ridiculous.

Flaycrow likes this.
  4. Dunamos

Dunamos Just zis guy, you know?

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    That's roughly what I did too (but Aamir and Vamp)... all but Vamp hyper'd. I cleared it, but it seems pretty slow to farm! Do you burst high enough to OHKO the highdef lowhp ones?

5. DragonZat

DragonZat Member

User ID:
    Yes, A single row will kill most floors. A single 2 prong will clear floor 2. Floor 4 is ALuci on the purple ninja then a row and a couple combos. If I get the blue dragon I use Seraph lucifier and one shot it, then kill the boss with an active and row + 2 prong.

I actually took out for Ult Pandora for Eschamali. Even without the devil type, the +orbs and the skyfall bonus helps make the run quicker.

David@PF and Dunamos like this.
  6. Dunamos

Dunamos Just zis guy, you know?

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Thanks so much for this write-up!

Ah... I see how the extra Luci (Seraph) would help here. I don't think I'll be able to get mine ready in time for this event... goal for next time! But that's one thing that was slowing me down; too many high-DEF monsters.

Oo, yes! Wish I had one... dark skyfall would really help too.

7. Flaycrow

Flaycrow Unknown Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Farmed lots of this with this team.
    [​IMG]
    Got this guy done.
    [​IMG]
    Yay.

Kyrdrin, David@PF and Euch like this.
  8. Flaycrow

Flaycrow Unknown Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Vritra needed another Tama. I didn't want to wait for the infestation tonight. So I went hunting.
    [​IMG]
    Cleared this for the stone.
    [​IMG]
    Got the Tama too. Look at that average rarity.
    [​IMG]
    8 isn't great, but it ain't bad. I even hit 8 combos after the blind. Yay.

Kyrdrin, Arranging, Dunamos and 7 others like this.
  9. Guvitron

Guvitron Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    So I'm my frantic rolling in today's godfest looking for panda/Perseus etc... I netted mostly light gala cards, and randomly Hamal.

She(?) is very simlar to Castor, but converts light to dark, instead of jammers. Do you think Hamal is good enough to replace a.haku on the team for arena? I'm wondering if I finally have a better choice that haku.
    http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/monster.asp?n=2561

I would show the card here, but apparently my phone can't seem to upload images to imgur.

David@PF likes this.
  10. Flaycrow

Flaycrow Unknown Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I really like Hamal. Double orb changer, which is awesome, plus a poison clearer. Haste. Good awakenings. Low stats but everything else is great. I think I prefer Castor just a little because of the heart enhance awakenings and faster active. But it is close. Both are good.

David@PF and Guvitron like this.
  11. Guvitron

Guvitron Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    welp, did the math on HP requirements for my yomidra team... and I can't survive DQ hera with Hamal on the team. short 90hp. Sigh, why do these mech star cards have to have such poor weighted stats.. (i know they don't have ult evos). The dream of akechi/castor/escha will continue to only be a dream. RIP

David@PF and Flaycrow like this.
  12. Flaycrow

Flaycrow Unknown Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Ran some co-op with Linthia. Thanks @Carlos R. Marti-Figueroa
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The damage is pretty good. That high one was Carlos. She is fun to play, but some of the boards are hard to match with 7 colors and not quite enough time. When you do match well though ,the damage is massive.

13. Carlos R. Marti-Figueroa

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    This was really fun. Gotta learn how to cascade like you. One of these days... Need to get Medjedra skilled up too. I'll run some descend carnival for eggs and skill ups.

Flaycrow likes this.
  14. samuelburtt

samuelburtt mono-green advocate

User ID:
    351 340 253
    Also, I'm sure you guys are aware, but you only need 6-orb types (poison included) to get the 100x... I keep forgetting that and trying to match all five colours+hearts+poision on my Linthia boards. Of course matching them all will bring up the minimum combo count, but if it ends up costing you an activation or something... Something to think about anyway.

I've been thinking lately that a single orb changer like Re-ADK or a heart breaker (G. Valk if I had her) will net you a bigger burst from a linthia board than a damage enhancer? Make 2x green TPAs with the 100x and the damage goes crazy. Have you guys tried it? @Carlos R. Marti-Figueroa

EDIT: Now that I think about it it's probably better to match the hearts to counter-act the poison damage (although the autoheals give you a bit back anyway..) so maybe Re-ADK would be better. I'll give it a try and let you know. :)

15. ainvar

ainvar Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Call him Re-Zeal, or Rizzle (fo' shizzle.)

16. Flaycrow

Flaycrow Unknown Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Problem with all changers is they have the wrong colors so it is hard to make the team work. I think you need hearts. So really only reADK works. But then you lose some awakenings and a sub color and time extends. I actually prefer time extends to trying to fit on a changer because matching the whole board boosts damage from combo counts. And NY Meddie is there for the awakenings and sub color more than the damage boost/shield. That is just icing.

17. Carlos R. Marti-Figueroa

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Would be interesting to try that. That is what I actually do with my Horus team for kill shots (Set into a Dkali board, 2 TPA, Set goes crazy for over 6 million damage). Problem is, like @Flaycrow mentioned, the color subtype requirement makes it hard unless one takes out the dupe Linthia. But then you lose consistency. I still would try it for fun just to see the outrageous damage, but wouldnt do it in a hard dungeon.

@Flaycrow if it is for a kill shot only, then hearts are not needed since Linthia auto recovers the same amount of health than what a 3 match poison does (well, slightly less, but almost the same. 4.7 vs 4.5k). But then it would not be great to use the heart breaker before the boss, which kinda limits that subs usability and the teams orb generating capacity.

At the end of the day, If you have Courage on the team, then you will pretty much be achieving the same thing.

Edit: @samuelburtt does your Linthia team look like?

Flaycrow likes this.
  18. samuelburtt

User ID:
    351 340 253
    @Carlos R. Marti-Figueroa

I've been messing around with: Linthia/Linthia/A. Susano/A. Sakuya/Kaede/Linthia

Kaede is mainly for 2xTE and TPA damage. Although her active can often be used to heal and do a solid burst at 16x with a couple green TPAs. :)

I've awoken NY Med but not skilled at all yet...

19. Flaycrow

Flaycrow Unknown Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    @Carlos R. Marti-Figueroa @samuelburtt
    I think the solution is to stick the Earth Dragon Swordsman on Bastet. Bind removal and an orb change for the kill shot. Plus time extends and fire coverage.

20. samuelburtt

User ID:
    351 340 253
    That's a pretty great idea! Until now I was thinking of putting him on Ruel... But her colours being the same as Linthia wouldnt really help on this team. That UUU though. ;)