Flay's Journey - So Long And Thanks For All The Eggs!

Discussion in 'Blogs' started by Flaycrow, Apr 24, 2015.

1. Flaycrow

Flaycrow Unknown Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    That grassland dungeon is probably the best way.

I ran this bowl dragon:
    http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/mission.asp?m=1230

Evolved the squid for Genie fodder and fed the tea as is to Thanatos. It was very painful.

2. jesrockz

jesrockz Rock@pf Unknown and Inactive Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    And that one is in Coins right now. Not bad, especially if you don't care about Undine too much.

3. Kyrdrin

Kyrdrin Still surviving the non-IAP grind...

What's the drop rate of Mugcorns from the Gold Bowl Dragon? At least you don't have to evolve that one? :rolleyes:

ainvar likes this.
  4. Euch

Euch Well-Known Member

Do you think legend would be better? Slap liu bei on Tengu for a 3k heal and then get 4 or 5 plusseseses per run. Would be faster if nothing else.

5. Flaycrow

Flaycrow Unknown Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    About one in three runs you get a drop.

ainvar and Kyrdrin like this.
  6. Flaycrow

Flaycrow Unknown Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I get between 3 and 4 per run on Master. And it is so fast I can't believe it. Having to use Liu Bei would be much slower because it is another active in a team that doesn't have room for another. Legend is also less efficient because you get less than 5 per run where on Master you get over 3.

Euch likes this.
  7. Flaycrow

Flaycrow Unknown Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    The Plan
    I want to solo C10 with Cecil. The Dragon and Physical enhanced makes it soloable when all four subs are Dragon or Physical.
    [​IMG]
    This will give me over 38k HP and RCV through the roof. I'll be able to tank all the hits forever.

Indra on Z8 just in case things go bad.

Orochi on Typhon for Vishnu.

Of course Akechi on YomiD.

On Linthia I will just stall and match hearts until my awakenings come back. Then it's a one shot. Or use Cecil for hearts in a pinch.

The Reality
    There was much more time spent match and stalling matching than I expected.

Stalled about 12 turns on Hera Is. Came close do death when she turned hearts to water twice in a row. Used my Cecils for hearts each time.
    [​IMG]
    I took that long so that Orochi on Typhon was up.

Used Orochi on Vishnu first thing. Hit him with 2 dark matches and ground him down. Second turn I skyfalled a third dark match. Oops. Used actives to ensure enough dark to match. Hit him again. Had 2 turns left. A dkyfall second match killed him so I missed the kill shot.

Ate the Goemon preempt without a blinking eye. Kept him at full while I skilled my actives back up. Easier to eat his 31k hit than to take his random attacks. Then I started matching two dark combos and ground him down to just under 50%. He bound me including a friend Cecil. I unbound and ate a hit. Got ready again. Then he bound me again trying to get Typhon, Satsuki, and YomiD. Lol. No leaders bound. So I just finished him off.
    [​IMG]
    Die punk.

I then got the full board of poison. I used Typhon's board change. Not enough dark. No worries. I unbound the rest of the way and healed up. Took his jammer hit. Changed them to dark with the newly free Satsuki.
    [​IMG]
    Destroyed him.

Linthia sapped my powers. I just ground and healed. Kept her above 80% for the predictable hits. Don't think that I am good, just remember that the heartfall helped me to have lots of hearts constantly. Five turns later my powers came back.

Used Z8 and Satsuki.
    [​IMG]
    Nice board.
    [​IMG]
    It was enough.

Last edited: May 27, 2016
    Kyrdrin, Bolts, RageSedai and 9 others like this.
  8. ainvar

ainvar Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I almost tried running it with Ra Dragon solo but I didn't want to stall that long...

Flaycrow likes this.
  9. Flaycrow

Flaycrow Unknown Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    It was pretty exciting. Only the first turns on Hera-Is were stalling for skills. After that it was battle after battle. But had a reason for it: I wanted to prove a point that Cecil can do it solo. I also wanted to not play borin' ole Zeus again, in co-op.

10. ainvar

ainvar Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I had fun on this run with MZeus actually. Was exciting. But our build was suboptimal, which probably helped.

Ra Dragon in there could hit ~40k HP so it would have been possible. But I would have been comboing for a long time versus Vishnu in order to save the delay for Linthia. Also, I wasn't sure if I wanted to bring Sun Quan for delay and BG coverage, or put Zeta Hydra on AIsis but not have her get Dragon/Physical boost, or not bring Indra but lose even more HP, or what. It's definitely doable, but it looked like a headache...

RageSedai likes this.
  11. Flaycrow

Flaycrow Unknown Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    You figure out the team needs and we can co-op it. Right now.

12. Flaycrow

Flaycrow Unknown Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I just used the delay against Vishnu. Linthia is super easy to stall on, easier than Vishnu, because you have heart skyfall and she only hits for 28k. So delay on Vishnu. Get to Linthia. Then I have lots of heart makers. I say it took about 40 turns. Mostly on Isis and Linthia.

ainvar likes this.
  13. Flaycrow

Flaycrow Unknown Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Yes, yes we do. It is a technical dungeon with multiple resolves. You can't just super match dark and one shot everything. You need more.

14. Flaycrow

Flaycrow Unknown Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Sounds great. Start it up?

15. ainvar

ainvar Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Again! That happened on our M+ run, too.

RageSedai likes this.
  16. Flaycrow

Flaycrow Unknown Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    50% Resolve? No problem. Rage does 51% damage to Hino and Goemon. No delay or shield needed. I am super impressed.

cjo, Arranging, ainvar and 1 other person like this.
  17. Flaycrow

Flaycrow Unknown Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I didn't say no shield or delay brought. You had delay, I had shield. But we didn't use either. Lol. That was fun.

18. Flaycrow

Flaycrow Unknown Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Did "a few" more skill transfers:

Ultimate TPA Unbinder? Need to reskill Famiel but she might now see some use.

Horus is ready, in case I ever find someone to co-op with me. (hint @Carlos R. Marti-Figueroa)

Parvati is not quite ready. She has her transfer, but her transfer needs some more Aegir. Figured that since I can awaken her transfer and that it will change her skill, that I might as well do it now, to help with Skill Delays.

This decision took me a long time. Isn't this just remaking a Satusiki? But with a longer cooldown? The answer is that yes, I am. And that is ok with me. I love Satsuki, and want one on my YomiD team. So here she, err, he is.

Vishnu is now the ultimate utility damage machine. I often save him and now he will help me break armor and tank hits on Parvati in the Arena.

After giving her the Fire Dragon Knight, I had some remores. I realized that RGY has his buff to his active, and that it is now 3 turns instead of 2, and is in all ways better. Same cooldown, more orbs changed, and a bit of a heal. So I reversed and reinherited an upgrade. Here is my ultimate utility and armor break for my ShivaD team.

Guvitron, RageSedai, ainvar and 2 others like this.
  19. Flaycrow

Flaycrow Unknown Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Beat a Challenge Dungeon and fed a light pii to the hungriest Zeus ever.
    [​IMG]
    Getting closer.

Then ran some M.Hera with @jesrockz
    [​IMG]
    We won on his first try. Yay.

20. Flaycrow

Flaycrow Unknown Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I also decided I want to inherit GGY as a bind remover and changer probably onto Ruel.

So I ran the Gungho Collab.
    [​IMG]
    Starting to collect the Hawks for him.

Also collecting some fodder for Sagirinokami. Why? Becuase it is free from farming for Hawks. [​IMG]
    Of course he goes 3/8. So he will probably max before GGY. And perhaps, just possibly, he will be worth inheriting as a fast delay someday. Probably not though.

ainvar likes this.