Friends, Best Friends

Discussion in 'P&D Discussion' started by Roland, Jul 28, 2018.

1. Roland

Roland Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I saw a post on Reddit that has since fell into oblivion and thought it would be interesting to post here for opinions.

I try to start each play day of Pad with a routine that focuses on a few things, one of them being best friends.

When I start I first go to complete those minor dungeons for a stone, tamadra or whatever special gift dungeon is out there. In these cases I run solo and bring along a best friend. I can then select something new from the friend list and test out the card they have up.

After all of the special dungeons are done, I go to easy normal dungeons and finish out all of my best friends. It isn't a big deal really, everyone gets pal points, I pick off the super easy dungeons of the day and some of the trivial evo mats fall from the simple normal dungeons. On weekends it is even nicer as some harder normal dungeons are 1/2 stamina and better materials can be gotten.

Even when I run a few of these dungeons it doesn't take long to get my stamina back and go after harder or new dungeons that are there for the day.

I also have tried to rotate leaders in my 1 and 2 slot, then play something else so my best friends get a choice of 3x leaders to select from.

How do you use friends?

tanpopo likes this.
  2. tanpopo

tanpopo adventure!

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I rarely go out of my way to use bfs anymore, unless they happen to be running the same lead as me. For gift dungeons or button or Kagutsuchi farming then I always bring them, but I don't run dungeons purely for the sake of pal points.

Also my bfs with fire monsters up tend to get used more because it puts them at the top of the list.

In general I keep up the same 3 monsters as my leads for a long time. Usually switch them out when they start to fall too far behind the power curve, especially if no one else has them up anymore.

3. Roland

Roland Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I get your points.

4. Murdurus

Murdurus Rampage

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Just a tip, you don't actually need to complete the dungeons to have considered using your friends. So you can just enter the lowest cost stamina and just exit and it'll count. Of course, you lose out on whatever drops or EXP there is but if you're just running the lowest stamina dungeons, they're not going to give you much anyway.

5. Roland

Roland Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link