Fun with unpopular collab monsters

Discussion in 'Monster Lineup' started by MisterDrgn, Jun 15, 2019.

1. MisterDrgn

MisterDrgn You can't take the sky from me. Staff Member

User ID:
    I've been looking for a team that can use Bride Scheat (7 tpas with an Athena Non inherit), and today I discovered a fun option:

Jeanne

She's got 4x HP, 256x damage when below 50% HP, and really high personal damage with three <50% awoken skills (plus a VDP). The significant downsides are a terrible active on a 10-turn CD, bindable leads, and poor healing. Well, I've got someone who fixes two of those:

Kanan

I always thought Kanan was cool, but this is the perfect team for him. He's got a big bind clear on a short CD, three enhanced heart awoken skills, and high personal RCV--up to 1.5k RCV with latents. With the help of Anna's equip evo, he gets a bigger bind clear/awoken bind clear/emergency heal in reserve, plus resistance to clouds and ribbons.

Right now, I'm trying this team:
    / ?

The team hits like a truck off an Izanagi active and four light orbs, and it's plenty tanky. But of course it isn't a super serious team. It badly needs a board changer in that final spot (DMeta? Saria?), and I wish I could fit two board changers. It would be so nice if Jeanne had a better active. Finding friends could be difficult, but surprisingly I have three Jeanne friends right now, plus I somehow have a spare Jeanne.

(EDIT: Oh, how about run a dupe Izanagi in the final spot, then inherit a board changer on each of them. Seems pretty cool 'cuz Revo Izanagi has great awoken skills for this team...)

Cheeseghost likes this.
  2. Cheeseghost

Cheeseghost Lazyyyyy

User ID:

I put her up in slot 1..she is max level max skill but I'll doubt I'll ever plus her..but if you want you can add me

MisterDrgn likes this.
  3. ko300zx

ko300zx Well-Known Member

User ID:
    I wanted Jeanne more than Yoh. If Reco bothers to make a video, I want it. Kanan should have been an 8 star. She's been on so many teams since she came out. Every new collab or evo, there's someone that ends up using her. Tried to roll for her with no luck.

MisterDrgn likes this.
  4. MisterDrgn

User ID:
    Well, the team made fast work of A3, so that was cool. Though I had just one Fujin-style active inherited with a very long CD, so I would have been screwed if the run ended with Yomi Dragon.

Thanks for the offer, but I can just run with my dupe. I went ahead and +297'd it and got the <50% SA.

I rolled a fair amount in Shinrabansho collab, unlike most people I think (but perhaps not unlike you). The secret reason was that I wanted Athena Another, but more realistically, I really like having access to useful, low-CD utility actives when I need them. Kanan and En were nice gets. Though this is the first time I've seen Kanan's full potential.

Cheeseghost and ko300zx like this.
  5. Cheeseghost

Cheeseghost Lazyyyyy

User ID:
    What's so good about athena another? I'm just curious? I have one lol

6. MisterDrgn

User ID:
    I've been obsessing over finding a good light TPA team, so I can run one or two 7-TPA Bride Scheats (with the SA + an Athena Non inherit). Old-school Myr can pair with Athena Another for a super tanky TPA team, but to be honest it's not that great because heart-crosses really restrict your matching options on a 6x5 board. JP now has a new Myr who's actually really strong (makes a 7x6 board), but it's from the set of monsters that we tend to get a year+ late, if ever.

Anyway, Bride Scheat works pretty well on this Jeanne team, though I probably won't run two of them. I'm liking running double Izanagi, who also TPAs pretty hard, plus one Bride Scheat and Kanan.

Cheeseghost likes this.
  7. Cheeseghost

Cheeseghost Lazyyyyy

User ID:
    I used to be obsessed with Christmas lu bei back in the day bc of tpa...anyway I love bride scheat I only have 1 but I use her for most light teams bc of her active, I have recently been using gamer AMA with sa fua of recent though.I saw the myr/athena team somewhere it seems cool...I really wish I had a Roche more than anything

MisterDrgn likes this.
  8. sgt502

sgt502 ばかぷれーやー

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
  9. MisterDrgn

User ID:
    Yeah, I would try him if I had him. Too bad about those light rows though, could have been more TPAs.

10. MisterDrgn

User ID:
    Btw, @ko300zx do you know what is the deal with Jeanne's active? I have no clue why there's a 10-turn CD for an active that lowers your HP and affects your board on the following turn. It seems like they could have made it an immediate board change, and it still would have had a lower than 10-turn CD. Is there some additional advantage to the active that I'm missing? Something about overwriting other skyfalls?

11. ko300zx

ko300zx Well-Known Member

User ID:
    Jeanne also unlocks orbs too, so another reason it is a bit higher. They are pretty cool actives but I haven't really seen them shine until the Ideal Tournament, coincidentally. 20+ combo skyfalls after using the active and much easier time killing floors with refresh when paired with that active. That doesn't seem all that relevant to normal dungeons though. I haven't really seen them used all that much on normal teams outside of instances where the card is the lead like in the case of Jeanne or Sakura. They do overwrite skyfalls if I remember correctly because it is 100% skyfall for those colors only. They are pretty flexible since they do so many things...unlock, boost skyfall counts pretty often, overwrite skyfalls, unlock orbs, adjust HP, delayed board change. So much in one active and a lot of "interesting" potential uses, but from what I've seen, very niche ones.