Game is just dead to me.

Discussion in 'Rants and Accomplishments' started by ViewtifulGene, Mar 29, 2017.

1. ViewtifulGene

ViewtifulGene Mostly Retired. Still A Lazy Shit.

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I was in bed all weekend with a sexy freaky lady with huge knockers, and her name was FUCKING SINUS INFECTION. That crazy bitch had me on my back and excessively hot around the collar all fucking weekend. She took the strength out of my legs so I couldn't even squat 200, let alone get up to play Switch. I couldn't even get a chance to eat anything beyond graham crackers and bananas. I hated being manhandled by that bitch of an illness, but I had no choice.

Over that time, I hit full stamina for an extended period of time, and something catastrophic happened to me: ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. I regretted missing a lot of shit when I was sick. This game wasn't one of them. I have been apathetic for a while now, but this weekend was when it really hit me.

I know I could still improve in this game. My problem is, I see no point to it. In a game where self-improvement drove me for two years, I suddenly have no motivation.

What's the point of getting a crown? It's just a cock ring that displays next to my name. I already am a consistent top 20% player and that's good enough for me.

What's the point in no-stoning A4? It won't guarantee the Exodia head and even if I did get it, Exodia is just bragging rights. Not useful on any serious team beyond showing off. The 8 stones I spent on clearing A4 woulda just went toward 1.6 troll silver eggs or a bunch of 297s I will never need. I never have to touch A4 again and see no gain from trying to.

What's the point of hoarding Killer Latents in A3? All I get are Balanced Killers. Those are useless as long as Parv exists and Fujin's cooldown is too fucking long. Cheesing with Minerva is too boring now that the charm wore off. Soloing with other teams is too annoying. Co-op A3 can be fun, but when I do have time to co-op A3, I would rather play something else like Zelda.

What's the point of Challenge Mode? It's a tedious grind for stones I have no use for.

It's hard for me to care about collabs and Godfests when I already have several A3 teams, which could be reworked for A4.

Hard for me to care about new dungeons if they're just gonna be easier than what I already cleared.

I no longer have anything to care about in this game. I don't have the balls to give away my account or delete it. And I will probably still lurk for a while. But if you never see me again, consider this my farewell.

Thanks to everyone who helped me and put up with me for nearly 800 days. Would've loved to keep putting my heart and soul into this game for longer if I had a reason to.

Love and Piss

-Viewtiful"ViewtifulGene"Gene

PS: cocks

Flandre, Nachtmacher, PDF3 and 9 others like this.
  2. awkward.fistbumps

awkward.fistbumps semi-retired from pad. Full stam most days

PADherder:
    link
  3. Freddyfudrucker

Freddyfudrucker Well-Known Member

User ID:
    Freddyfud
    Dammit. Who else am I supposed to antagonize into a profanity laced 'roid rage???

Quit the game, but don't quit the forums. At least when they're up...

Arranging, Knomraski, yamo and 9 others like this.
  4. CloudStrife

CloudStrife Well-Known Member

User ID:
  5. CloudStrife

CloudStrife Well-Known Member

User ID:
    @whoistoddjones

6. Freddyfudrucker

Freddyfudrucker Well-Known Member

User ID:
    Freddyfud
  7. Iluvatar

Iluvatar Semi-IAP..damn you GH

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I feel you, I'm right there. Have 55 stones waiting for a GF that I don't have 4/5 or 3/5 or more of both pantheons to get something new. But then I just think, what's it going to do anyways? It won't let me clear new stuff, as I've cleared everything. I out of stuff to lvl even with assists, or even 297.

I do appreciate GH trickling in more content rather than one massive dump, but at 1300 days I think my end is slowly approaching as well.

8. ViewtifulGene

ViewtifulGene Mostly Retired. Still A Lazy Shit.

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Hero Awakens are kinda lame IMO. Wouldn't be enough to make me wait 7 months.

9. foxwaffles

foxwaffles Weak to pretty boys

PADherder:
    link
    no pls don't leave the forums nobody else can do what you do noooooo

10. Carlos R. Marti-Figueroa

Carlos R. Marti-Figueroa Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I wish i could like these more than once lol.

Take care gene! You will be missed for sure. Hope we still see you around on the forums wishing people that poop come down their chimneys and that their house burns :)

11. Tiquity

Tiquity Need more Andros. Send help.

User ID:
    Need to say, i absolutely loved your rants :rolleyes:

12. Snarf

Snarf PAD Bosses Derezzed | Boromir 332,879,306

User ID:
    I hear you and share many of the same thoughts. I've invested so much time into this activity and playing daily has become instinctive or mechanical, so I predict that I'll last with waning and waxing levels of interest until Gung Ho shuts down its servers. I hope you linger on the forum. Your personality and expertise have significant impact and would be missed.

13. Murdurus

Murdurus Rampage

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    It's kind of funny, it just started happening to me this past week as well. Granted though, I haven't even cleared A2 or even attempted but the game just feels so stale lately. For the past few days, I pretty much just let my stamina max out and not do anything with it; part of it was because of work and part of it was because I'm playing other games. That said though, I doubt I'll be quitting, at least not yet; I've been playing for 1229 days, playing almost every single day but perhaps it's time? Who knows, but I get it.

14. kaylathehedgehog

kaylathehedgehog Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    You're a stronger individual than I, then.

I'll just echo everyone else and say that I hope you don't leave the forums. R&A just wouldn't be the same without you.

Freddyfudrucker likes this.
  15. Arranging

Arranging Searching for the finest silk and Cotton!

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Although we've never had any great discussions, your rants and posts were always a pleasure to read! I hope you don't leave too soon, but if that is your choice, have fun away from PAD and enjoy your life!! :)

16. PDF3

PDF3 Well-Known Member

Congratulations on climbing out of the skinner box. I hope the same can happen to me one day (but without the sinus infection).

17. らぶたん

らぶたん 元AKB48

RIP
    j/k you will be sucked back in soon enough. they all do.

Flandre, Gig, ViewtifulGene and 2 others like this.
  18. bp1976

bp1976 Pittsburgh, PA Born and Raised

User ID:
    Dude. You're the only person on these forums that makes me literally laugh out loud.

At least stick around here pls! We need you!

19. Paul Blank

Paul Blank Defeater

User ID:
    Paul
    See how people love to hear what you have to say. Maybe you should get into writing. We love our foul-mouthed Gene. Good luck in life's other ventures.

ViewtifulGene likes this.
  20. ambiguous57

ambiguous57 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    I feel like I'm quickly approaching this as well.

Every time some big new fancy thing comes out that I JUST GOTTA HAVE RIGHT NOW, I find that the shiny-ness is starting to wear off quicker and quicker with each new fancy thing.

Like all of the latest Revo/Ult reveals. There's a lot of cool stuff there. But Andromeda as a Rukia sub is about the only thing that even remotely stirs me. DMeta ult seems like it might be cool too but, let's face it: HP threshold leads are lame. There's a reason they went out of style.

ViewtifulGene likes this.